373 replies to this topic

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

thanks again for your kind help

No problem. I am sorry that none of my suggestions had helped you and I hope that you are able to eventually resolve this issue. :) Perhaps it is time to install the OS X Lion then simply migrate your existing Snow Leopard settings and files to it manually or via the Migration Assistant.app.

It is possible that your booting problem is complicated by an outdated version of the Chameleon. You could try a Windows based Chameleon installer or a manual installation via the single user mode. Here is the latest Chameleon 2 RC5 v1377 boot file which you can simply drag and drop from Windows into the root of your Snow Leopard partition. It is a shot in the dark, but it can't hurt and might actually allow your system to boot.

Attached Files

• Attached File  boot.zip   127.75KB   30 downloads

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

To avoid [PCI Configuration Begin] use this kexts from 10.6.7:
http://www.mediafire...u6sietuh5b0rh6t

hey thanks.. downloaded these kexts and replaced in S/L/E and then used the following bootflag:
-v -f -npci=0x2000 ...however stuck at [PCI Configuration Begins]

It is possible that your booting problem is complicated by an outdated version of the Chameleon. You could try a Windows based Chameleon installer or a manual installation via the single user mode. Here is the latest Chameleon 2 RC5 v1377 boot file which you can simply drag and drop from Windows into the root of your Snow Leopard partition. It is a shot in the dark, but it can't hurt and might actually allow your system to boot.

I have downloaded this bootfile and simply unzipped and moved to the root of the SL partition. This makes my laptop inoperable and it keeps restarting. Hence I started the laptop with Nawcom Boot CD and reinstated the old boot file.

I yet to do Windows based Chameleon installer. Cannot install in single user mode as cannot get past [PCI Configuration Begins] even in this mode.

Thanks to all again really..

keeza

keeza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
As DarwinX mentioned, I would try another bootloader version.

Here is what I did:
Using Digital Dreamer's installer found here I installed Chimera as my bootloader. Have you tried the ADR/UID fix in Device PCI0? I'm no expert on bootloaders but I think Chimera auto injects this fix at boot time - other versions of Chameleon may do the same.

I had the PC config error with an earlier version of Chameleon.

So I tried Chimera along with FakeSMC in S/L/E and then it was fine. So it was either of those two that did the trick.

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Ok I have now played around with Digital Dreamer's installer as mentioned above but how does this work in Win7.. or Does it work in Win7 at all..

Point is my Snow Leopard installation does not work and only Win7 and Ubuntu is working at the moment.. So if I like to use Chimera as my bootloader how do I do it through Win7 please?

keeza

keeza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Without a working OSX install I'm afraid I can't help.

If you had access to one you could create an install USB stick, install Chimera to it along with the extra folder, smbios and .com.apple.plist. Select the USB stick using F12 key on boot, select the USB drive and see if that'll resurrect your install.

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
thanks.. My USB ports under Mac OSX actually never worked. But I will try to follow your method when I have an access to another mac.

So basically I cannot install Chimera from Win 7. I have MacDrive installed in my laptop. Or can I?

keeza

keeza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
You may be able to install Chimera from Win 7 but it is a method I'm not familiar with.
Re the USB ports not working, did you generate your own DSDT?

Most guys and gals with some sort of experience in this ...err...hobby :P would have some sort of recovery strategy if anything goes wrong - mine is a bootable USB stick. Non working USB ports would be the first thing I would address once OSX is running.

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

did you generate your own DSDT?

No I did not generate my own DSDT..

MalD0n did it for me
http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1716813

Unfortunately this DSDT did not solve my problems..

droidian

droidian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I foolishly and blindly updated to 10.6.8 (Had gotten complacent with smooth upgrades). Everything worked except my network is dead (on board gig ethernet controllers. Going into the network interface settings is very slow as well. This isnt wireless so the solutions I have seen here do not seem appropriate.

st1ckman67

st1ckman67

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Kext removed from /S/L/E:
- AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (ECC Parity Check / You don't have it thus you don't need it)

Evoke:

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext; done
to prevent it from load while updating to 10.6.8

Cheers

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade from 10.6.6 to 10.6.8 and I'm getting a crash on the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext install.
How do you run the above script whilst installing the Combo Update?

I'm installing in a terminal now as I didn't get to the end of the install.

ANY help would be appreciated.

djavocado

djavocado

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Installed on Intel DP35DP mobo.. Works flawless :-)

tinthere

tinthere

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just upgraded from 10.6.2 to 10.6.8 on a M2N68-LA motherboard w/ an Athlon64 x2 5200+ CPU using AnV's 10.6.8 kernel.

Single user mode will work, but the computer stays continually in loading mode and will never get to the GUI. When comparing the kernel log for the old successful boots and the boot now, I noticed it doesn't appear the graphics driver is loading. Toward the end of the log it used to read "NVDANV50Hal loaded and registered" but that line no longer appears.

I'm using Chameleon 2.0 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I have also tried copying over my old NVDANV50Hal kext and an EFI string with no luck.

(As a side note: it doesn't appear LAN or sound are working either, but I figured that would be a problem to solve after I'm up in a GUI. I'm also using the 10.6.7 AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext and have tried many of the boot loader options suggested here including npci=0x2000 & std_dyld=Yes).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm running out of ideas myself.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,099 posts
npci=0x2000 is to help with the "PCI configuration begin" issue. If you see this during boot and it continues booting normally then you do not need this flag.

NVDANV50Hal.kext is the driver for NV50 family nvidia cards.

What video card do you have? Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=n -x and no EFI string.

tinthere

tinthere

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the reply. No luck, unfortunately. I'm guessing the fact that the audio and LAN aren't loading may be related..but I'm not savvy enough to be able to figure out why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy