• Please log in to reply
613 replies to this topic

merak

merak

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:PC<br /><br />P4 3.06 HT sock 478<br />hd Sata maxtor 160gb<br /...
wmp64g-wireless pcs
it does works well wiv the drivers for 10.4.3
but i'm not able to enter the network config menu,
it keep crashing so i can't assign a static ip to my machine....

there's a driver version for the 10.4.4 version of the same card?

ChaosVx

ChaosVx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I'm using a Realtek RLT8931D and it just doesn't get detected , nothing happens and
i can't connect . I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.3 8F1111 ( i think with the JaS 1111 Patch ) .
I would be really glad if someone could help me .

Thanks ,
Chaos

chex

chex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
same here

Blackice

Blackice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I have a VIA Rhine III onboard, and it doesn't work. Or, well, it half-works:

1. System profiler recognises On-Board Ethernet, en0
2. Under 10.4.1, the card worked flawlessly

but Network Setup has my ethernet card there as en0, just greyed out. It's deselected, and since it's greyed out, I can't select it.

Wolli

Wolli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Yes, the Netgear GA311 works in gigabit mode.

hello. this is my first post.

i installed 10.4.5 on my P4, 2,8 ghz. but now i need another ethernet-card, because my gigabit-card (onboard) doesn't work.
i have two other ethernet-cards who work there, but they are just 10/100er cards. and i want one with gigabit...

as i saw in the forum, it looks like that the card "Netgear GA311" is the one and only gigabit card that works.

but i saw too, that there are some problems with 10.4.4. how it looks like in 10.4.5?

i found this card in a online-shop (http://www.byteline....em&target=18546). but i'm not sure, is this the right one? the product name is "Netgear PCI GA311 IS Gigabit".

it would be great if me someone can help.

thanks, wolli

ModeZt

ModeZt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
i've got 3Com 905
it's not working on my 10.4.4 =(((

in the system.log i see two lines about it
"Couldn't alloc class "Apple3Com3C90x"
"Couldn't alloc class "Apple3Com3C90xB"

need help..

zbandito

zbandito

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
My board has 2 NICs built in;

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, Marvell 88E81001 PCI Gigabit LAN Controller (0x432011ab) (Onboard) -- Not working
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, NForce4 Gigabit -- Not working

I added the Marvell device/vendor ID (0x432011ab) to the AppleYukon.kext/Content/Info.plist and the NIC showed up in the list in System Preferences, and the connection lit up on the switch showing gigabit connection. However, System Preferences reports that the cable is not plugged in, while MenuMeters shows en0 as a 10mbps interface...

duggyuk

duggyuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
native install

Realtek 8139 (onboard) works fine
MiniPCI (internal card) Gigabyte GN WIAG02 - works fine

no hacks tweaks needed for any of them, toshiba A30-514 latop.

Posted Image

Inverted

Inverted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I'm running 10.4.4 build 8G1165

My onboard Davicom 9102 controller didn't work. Then I installed a Netgear FA311 and that also didn't work.

Xenokira

Xenokira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
bought a wireless Netgear WG511T on ebay for $23 incl. shipping. Its a PCMCIA card, and recognized as a Airport card as long as the card is inserted when OSX is booted, if I insert the card after the boot, OSX doesn't see it.
Atheros chipset.

bigmatt

bigmatt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have 10.4.4 installed and I need the stuff for my network card to work its realtek 8139 and from what i know i need some files from 10.4.3 or darwin? can somebody PM with the info, or give me the info on where to get them from without really posting a link. Also would it be possible to get that file from the darwin x86 cd? cause i see it, but i dont know what to do with it. sorry i'm kind of n00b to this thing. thx

kyozabe

kyozabe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Broadcom 440x in my laptop running 10.4.4, and for some reason, Mac OS X isn't detecting anything in the network. Sound, video, etc work fine, but this network card (which is on the compatibility list as working out of the box) does not work! Is there something I should try to fix it?

Edit: A quick forum search sorted that problem out. I already have Firefox on Mac OS X86, haha!

Xenokira

Xenokira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

I have a Broadcom 440x in my laptop running 10.4.4, and for some reason, Mac OS X isn't detecting anything in the network. Sound, video, etc work fine, but this network card (which is on the compatibility list as working out of the box) does not work! Is there something I should try to fix it?

Edit: A quick forum search sorted that problem out. I already have Firefox on Mac OS X86, haha!

yeah, I found out if I was in Windows and then just rebooted into OSX that my Broadcom 440x wouldn't work either. I did figure out that if I completely shut down the laptop instead of just restarted it, then booted into OSX, the ethernet worked fine. What solution did you find?

mrpijey

mrpijey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Netgear WG111v2 (USB) does NOT work
3Com 3CRUSB10075 (USB) does NOT work

Neither does the builtin wired NIC OR the wireless in my HP Compaq nc6220. Nothing works. Not even bluetooth.

Akutsito

Akutsito

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Anything about the DLINK 530TX?

spacepirate

spacepirate

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
DLink DWL-G510 rev B (wireless) works great after I went into Library>Preferences>SystemConfiguration>NetworkInterfaces.plist, changed en0 to en1, and change the 0 under IOInterfaceUnit to 1. Rebooted and it recognized it as an airport card.

retroz

retroz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I too would be interested in the following:

AMD64 Gigabyte Onboard DUAL Ethernet as well as a toshiba A4!

What is the solution?

Am running build 10.4.3

Thanks!

Right now it's installed only on the Gigabyte board and threw in what I thought was a old networking card (3com) but don't think it works. The lights, nor the on-board, never go on.

With the laptop, I am still running Win XP!

Thanks! :hysterical:

retroz

retroz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
CORRECTION, it was a D-Link, I now put in the OLD OLD 3COM and am up and running!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY'!

I am running 10.4.3, is this safe, why update? Also, what are some solutions for running the OSX (version please) on a Toshiba A4?

Thanks!

mribeiro

mribeiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
For all those guys.. here is my configuration and what i did.

P4 2.4 @ 3Ghz
Asus P4P800-X
Onboard RealTek 8100C (Don't work on 10.4.4 need to use IONetworkFamily from 10.4.3, Using IONetwetkFamily from 10.4.3 makes my System Preferences/Network Crash.)
Onboard SoundMax Audio (Works native on 10.4.4, sound output goes to MIC in)
Fx5200 (With the driver found here in Forums)
LG DVD 4163b (Reads both CD/DVD, not tested burns yet)
AOC LM722 17" LCD Screen (1280x1024@85Hz)

Wardialer

Wardialer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Microsoft MN-730 PCI (broadcom 4325 i think) detects as Airport Extreme after changing en0 to en1 and 4320 to 4325 in some other file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy