What network cards work?

Dartamis

613 posts in this topic

humm, doing a serious dig everywhere, going to install tulip from source now.

got deadmoo's installed.

below is my NEW USB-ETHERNET dongle now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

[anshu@Fedora4 wireless]$ dmesg | grep pegasus

pegasus: v0.6.12 (2005/01/13), Pegasus/Pegasus II USB Ethernet driver

pegasus 1-2:1.0: setup Pegasus II specific registers

pegasus 1-2:1.0: eth1, ADMtek ADM8511 "Pegasus II" USB Ethernet, 00:00:4e:11:16:c6

usbcore: registered new driver pegasus

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Any tips for me? will this work?

Help !.

my wmp54g wireless pci, wit 2500, works wonderfuls wiv the new driver :D

gorgeous man!!

ver 10.4.3

I got my Dlink DFE-530TX+ to work under 10.4.4 by simply replacing the (Jan 3rd) version of IONetworkingFamily.kext with the one from 10.4.3 (Oct 29,2005). Otherwise it wouldn't detect it even when using Dlink's own drivers.

Can you send me that IONetworkingFamily.kext (Oct 29,2005) file? I'm using 10.4.3 Jas patch but no luck for my Lan card(same as u). I dont want what is the date and version of my current kext, how can u check that?

Pls pls send me the file :X

wmp64g-wireless pcs

it does works well wiv the drivers for 10.4.3

but i'm not able to enter the network config menu,

it keep crashing so i can't assign a static ip to my machine....

there's a driver version for the 10.4.4 version of the same card?

I'm using a Realtek RLT8931D and it just doesn't get detected , nothing happens and

i can't connect . I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.3 8F1111 ( i think with the JaS 1111 Patch ) .

I would be really glad if someone could help me .

Thanks ,

Chaos

I have a VIA Rhine III onboard, and it doesn't work. Or, well, it half-works:

1. System profiler recognises On-Board Ethernet, en0

2. Under 10.4.1, the card worked flawlessly

but Network Setup has my ethernet card there as en0, just greyed out. It's deselected, and since it's greyed out, I can't select it.

Yes, the Netgear GA311 works in gigabit mode.

hello. this is my first post.

i installed 10.4.5 on my P4, 2,8 ghz. but now i need another ethernet-card, because my gigabit-card (onboard) doesn't work.

i have two other ethernet-cards who work there, but they are just 10/100er cards. and i want one with gigabit...

as i saw in the forum, it looks like that the card "Netgear GA311" is the one and only gigabit card that works.

but i saw too, that there are some problems with 10.4.4. how it looks like in 10.4.5?

i found this card in a online-shop (http://www.byteline.ch/index.php?cmd=show_item&target=18546). but i'm not sure, is this the right one? the product name is "Netgear PCI GA311 IS Gigabit".

it would be great if me someone can help.

thanks, wolli

i've got 3Com 905

it's not working on my 10.4.4 =(((

in the system.log i see two lines about it

"Couldn't alloc class "Apple3Com3C90x"

"Couldn't alloc class "Apple3Com3C90xB"

need help..

My board has 2 NICs built in;

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, Marvell 88E81001 PCI Gigabit LAN Controller (0x432011ab) (Onboard) -- Not working

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, NForce4 Gigabit -- Not working

I added the Marvell device/vendor ID (0x432011ab) to the AppleYukon.kext/Content/Info.plist and the NIC showed up in the list in System Preferences, and the connection lit up on the switch showing gigabit connection. However, System Preferences reports that the cable is not plugged in, while MenuMeters shows en0 as a 10mbps interface...

bought a wireless Netgear WG511T on ebay for $23 incl. shipping. Its a PCMCIA card, and recognized as a Airport card as long as the card is inserted when OSX is booted, if I insert the card after the boot, OSX doesn't see it.

Atheros chipset.

I have 10.4.4 installed and I need the stuff for my network card to work its realtek 8139 and from what i know i need some files from 10.4.3 or darwin? can somebody PM with the info, or give me the info on where to get them from without really posting a link. Also would it be possible to get that file from the darwin x86 cd? cause i see it, but i dont know what to do with it. sorry i'm kind of n00b to this thing. thx