Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

For some reason most of the 3D games don't want to work in Lion. I tried to play NFS Undercover and Fall Out New Vegas but they both refused to launch in Lion. The only game I was able to launch is Lego Indiana Jones, so does anybody know what the problem is?

just curious why
NVClockX.kext

never worked for me ( no Nvidia temps at All ), look at attached ' kernel.log ' !

I use ATI

never tested this kext for Nvidia

:hysterical:

i use this method: http://grafikdesign.wordpress.com/2008/02/...ll-a-kext-file/

i wouldn't for the moment, it killed my installation... had to restart from scratch. wait until the official release, get the dmg from appstore and then use the official upgrades, i'd say

no idea for the ps2 devices, but for the audio, use the modified ones from Snow Leopard. I use the attached ones- AD2000B (despite mine being 1988b) and modified HDA attached

thanks fo the help bingaling but it still doesn't work (no sound no ethernet no ps2)..i really don't know what else to do..tried with kext and nothing happened(i used terminal,kext utility,kext wizard,osx86 tools and nothing)..i have been dissapointed....why doesn't work?

I have P5Q Pro Turbo and use this Network Kext and some of these kexts haven't worked with my Ethernet so If it fails to work then try the one I am using here.

Thanks man but it didn't worked,i am still searcing for drivers that will do the work..

when i install OSX Lion i dont have audio , graphic card , lan , nothing..

and error 0x5 while buffering something when i write " -v"

Mobo : P5QL PRO

Memory : 4GB Ram

CPU : Q6600

GPU : 9500GT 512MB

Chipset : P43

thanks for help !

Thanks MaLd0n for this guide - e saudações desde Portugal!

Unfortunately I am stuck at "waiting for root device" at the third boot of Lion...

This is my setup: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS2, C2D E6600, 2Gbs of RAM, 1 80GB disk IDE connected, GPU: MSI 7600 GT.

What I did:

1) followed your guide, it worked as expected

2) booted the first time in Lion

3) installed Chameleon to lion partition

4) moved the Mac 9,1 Extra folder to Lion disk

5) run the DSDT Auto-Patcher and copied the DSDT generated in the desktop to the Extra folder

On the second boot of lion I got a kernel panic with message "cpu 1 has no hpet assigned to it", so I put the 3 kexts you mention in your post in E/E (IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, AHCIPortInjector and NullCPUPowerManagement).

I don't get the panic anymore but I am now stuck on the "waiting for root device". I changed the BIOS settings to/from IDE to AHCI, tried all combinations, with no change. I also tried to delete each and both the E/E AHCI kexts... no change.

How do I solve this? Please help.

Thanks / Obrigado

RSilva

On the second boot of lion I got a kernel panic with message "cpu 1 has no hpet assigned to it", so I put the 3 kexts you mention in your post in E/E (IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, AHCIPortInjector and NullCPUPowerManagement).

run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

send me DSDT generate in desktop

IDE

JMicron?

JMicron36xATA.kext.zip

How does the system know to look for additional kexts in the extra folder?

Just an update I have my system working for the most part.

Followed this guide for lion.

My 5770 xfx card works out of the box just after a display detection and reboot. Had to install 3 kexts to get the networking working. They are

Marvell88E8056.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

Skge.kext

Onboard audio was enabled by VoodooHDA.kext.

Only thing I am worried about now is how to tell if my system is been used to its full potential?

Im not sure my USB transfer speeds are anything to shout about and same could be said for my sata speeds too.

My system is as follows.

Asus P5Q Deluxe

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

4 Gig Ram

XFX ATI 5770 HD 1 Gig PCI-E

Belkin mini bluetooth

Creative XFi Audio PCI (not working)

RealtekRTL81xx.kext.zip

try with USBBusFix=Yes

same as roby777 i encountered this issue when trying to install Lion DP4, and the USBBusFix=Yes fixed it and it carried on booting

but... this screen comes after the boot and i wait for like 10min yet it still does not response. Have tried redo restoring the USB and it is still the same.

post-571080-1309451468_thumb.jpg

can anybody help me?? i m using P5Q PRO and XFX 4870 1GB... Thanks... :D

same as roby777 i encountered this issue when trying to install Lion DP4, and the USBBusFix=Yes fixed it and it carried on booting

but... this screen comes after the boot and i wait for like 10min yet it still does not response. Have tried redo restoring the USB and it is still the same.

can anybody help me?? i m using P5Q PRO and XFX 4870 1GB... Thanks... :D

try with -x

hey works great no error other than it sits at a white/grey screen with a spinning beach ball right after it leaves verbose and NVidia kext is loaded. i tired -x but still no go. ill try usbbusfix now. then putting my dsdt in the install usb?

mine doesnt look like yihtsair and roby777's error as mine is smooth solid color.

gfx related prob.

cant get past the screen still tried: usbbusfix=yes , -x, integrated GFX, nvenabler/inject/etc for 7600GT. dsdt.

also i noticed an launchcntrl error 2408

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory
and
Bug:launchctl.c:2408 (24687):30: cdefd =open (g_overrides_db_patch....

prob the cause. anyone else get these?

tried a different boot loader no go.

the file is definitely there, so im hoping it will work with the final 10.7

thanks fo the help bingaling but it still doesn't work (no sound no ethernet no ps2)..i really don't know what else to do..tried with kext and nothing happened(i used terminal,kext utility,kext wizard,osx86 tools and nothing)..i have been dissapointed....why doesn't work?

Ok guys it worked... i found drivers that worked...

anyone who has asus p5k motherboard can find ethernet,audio,ps2 and sata drivers here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1706078

Thanks for the help guys

try with -x

MaLd0n, thanks for this guide and the advice, but i still stuck at the same screen...

tried -v -f -x, same screen appear and only mouse pointer was seen

tried -v -f USBBusFix=Yes, same as above

argh! so close yet so far! anyway, after finished with the verbose booting page and before entering the screen i mentioned, there was 1 sec of distorted + dotted snow screen of nothing. Should it b graphics prob?

MaLd0n, thanks for this guide and the advice, but i still stuck at the same screen...

tried -v -f -x, same screen appear and only mouse pointer was seen

tried -v -f USBBusFix=Yes, same as above

argh! so close yet so far! anyway, after finished with the verbose booting page and before entering the screen i mentioned, there was 1 sec of distorted + dotted snow screen of nothing. Should it b graphics prob?

Use legacy in S/L/E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=90590

+

GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot screen

I've tried to install Lion DP4, but so far I can't get pass this:

yukon: Ethernet address 00:01:29:a4:15:0e

It just hangs there. Any clues?

Thanks!

try with -x

Use legacy in S/L/E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=90590

+

GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot screen

hey mald0n thanks for that idea, i didnt think of using GFXenabler=yes to get past my error (pure white screen with beach ball.) i have a 7600 GT, with stuff in dsdt for it, should i just try it like this or should i put a kext in for it?

DORT,

just a guess, try removing the Ethernet cable till after it boots then replug it.

PS mald0n i was looking at the kings guide for hda, it was great except its for the old type of hda, the format has changed somewhat in the PLIST's, is there another guide that has pics etc for snow hda? or lion as it changed again recently in the 1068 update too, right?

where i download drivers ? i dont have nothing.. and how i install them ?

can i install windows 7 and osx lion in same hd ?

and how i dual boot 7 & os x lion

Mobo : P5QL PRO

Memory : 4GB Ram

CPU : Q6600

GPU : 9500GT 512MB

Chipset : P43

thanks !

DORT,

just a guess, try removing the Ethernet cable till after it boots then replug it.

PS mald0n i was looking at the kings guide for hda, it was great except its for the old type of hda, the format has changed somewhat in the PLIST's, is there another guide that has pics etc for snow hda? or lion as it changed again recently in the 1068 update too, right?

look it

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139

in portuguese