App Store Error: No GUID is available

68 posts in this topic

Well, imagine you already bought some app there and can't access it now. Yes, I know, that's your point basically, but mine is just as legit. I want to access it, no matter if I plan to buy any more there :(.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

PCIRoot=1

EthernetBuiltIn=Yes

FullyWorkingSystem=Yes

Still the same error. :-/

Guess I'll wait until I can buy Lion to see if that fixes it.

goto

file://localhost/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

open that file up in text edit or plist edit etc...

change

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

make sure its en0 and not en1 or any other #

goto

file://localhost/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

open that file up in text edit or plist edit etc...

change

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

make sure its en0 and not en1 or any other #

This works, en0 needs to be wired port even if your using wifi. I had the same issue till I fixed en0 to my wired port .... after that app store worked fine.

I checked built in from the Chameleon system preference pane, which is the same as adding this line:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

And then deleted this file:

Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

And then rebooted. This got it working for me so hopefully it helps other people too. My system has a Realtek 8111E.

Now everytime I try to sign in this pops up :(

screenshot20110708at517.png

I had the same error.

I use a PCI Wireless card to access the internet and my motherboard has built-in ethernet of course.

To get app store to work I had to add EFI strings for my wireless card into my boot.plist in the extras folder.

The airport EFI strings process is described here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...d9&start=30

Combining EFI strings (display+airport for me) is described here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114349

My wired ethernet still shows as en1 but since I don't connect to the internet with that, I don't think it matters.

Tools used: gfxutil, efi studio and ioregistryexplorer

None of the solutions above worked for me...

if none of them work for you, try this. This solution worked for me.

I went into my com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra/

and added this key

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Then I deleted my network interfaces in Network System Prefs,

THEN deleted my .plist file in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

THEN i rebooted. and when I came back to LION I went into System Prefs / Networking and clicked the (+) and added my card.

what was different this time was it added "Ethernet" as "Ethernet" where before it was adding it at "Ethernet Device (en0)"

So i knew something had changed... sure enough, i run app store and BOOM! connected and able to download and purchase software.

I dit THIS in my GM setup, and it worked like a charm, many thanks

Is there a way to get this working without Lion detecting your network card? In Snow Leopard and Leopard it always picked up my wireless USB as en0. I could never get my ethernet card to be picked up, but I don't care as I use wireless anyway.

Without this App store and time machine both do not work, which means I might stick with snow leopard.

Rumor :D has it that a hack exists that injects a "fake" ethernet device into the ioregistry, just enough data for OS X to believe that there is a wired connection at en0.

I have never looked into it and so I don't know if it is true or just a myth, search and see what you can dig up. And please report back if you find anything interesting.

Ok I did a lot of work and got my ethernet working, but still getting the same error in the app store.

Is everyone getting this error right now? Did apple do something server side since Lion is launching tomorrow or is it a problem with my setup with Lion?

Hmmm so what is the problem? I am running build 11A511. Is that what others who have it working are using?

- My network card is En0 and shows up in network preferences

- I have deleted the network interfaces plist and restarted

- Ethernet built in is set in the boot strings

- pciroot is set to 1 (0 means my network card not detected)

Still no workie.

Updated today my P6T-SE from from SL to Lion. Had the same issue that the App Store no longer worked.

Turned out that I still had an Ethernet EFI string in com.apple.boot.plist with the wrong PCI path..

After fixing that and rebooting, everything worked perfect.

Thanks for all the hints in this thread!