PCI Configuration Begin

mboy

86 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Add me to the DSMOS has arrived camp.

Gigabyte EP-45T-USB3P

GTX 570

The only way I can even get there is if I swap the IOPCIFamily and Apple kexts with the ones from snow leo. I tried rominators suggestion on netkas's site of unplugging the monitor before boot, and still no dice. It never even tries to load the desktop. I am sure once the final retail release is out, someone will fix this, but in the mean time, does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I AM using ATY_Init, but it is not working obviously.

Ok my fix for this is simple.

You will get to the pvi-config begin with this also except this fix will make it go a little faster JK a lot faster. You should hear "strange noises" from your comp just leave it and it will boot.

Use these files

Readme---

Make sure hidden files are enabled there is a boot file for chameleon use it. Over-right the existing one. Then boot with -v arch=i386

files.zip

Hi all, recently i upgraded my Hackintosh from OS X Lion DP 1 to DP 4. After creating USB drive etc, i start the installation, and it stalls @ [PCI Configuration Begin]. (no prob with DP 1). I'm using a Nvidia GT450, after swapping a Nvidia 9500GT it boots and install normally. Installed appropriate kexts and EFI string for GT450 hoping it to boot. After swap back to GT450 and reboot, it still hangs at [PCI configuration Begin] ;). Ive tried all kinds of boot flags, nothing seems to work :(

My specs:

Intel Core i5 760

Asus P7H55M-PRO

Nvidia GT450 (Nvidia 9500GT temporary :( )

12GB RAM (tried maxmem=4096 no luck :))

Hi all,

just reverted to original DP4 AppleACPI... IOPCI.. IO80211... kexts on my Dell Latitude E6400 Nvidia.

The pci Configuration ist tricked out very simple:

Just make shure, that in dsdt Device (PCI0) has the line "Name (_UID, Zero)" not "Name (_ADR, Zero)" like described here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1387099

worked like a charm for me!

Thanks to Gringo Vermelho's post at the 10.6.8 thread!

i've found a solution for my gtx460:

install lion dp4 then, after pci conf begin , reboot my leopard partition on usb drive, change IOACPI & IOPCI with dp2 or dp1 IOACPI & IOPCI(don't remember properly) and delete AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement (KP for me) then put in same folder ATY_init kext. After this, download last kext utility.. 2.5... for lion... then put this in System/Library folder and drag Extensions folder on it for permissions repair... That's All... restart and works fine... also dsmos has arrived...

I've now, problem with internal alc662 audio, i don't know kext for this... and for restart (CSMOS RESET after this)

my specs are Zotac GF9300 mini itx wifi with q6600 .. gtx460 1gb gddr5...

Any suggestions?

tnxx

try this solution by bcc9

It worked for my GT220/GT240. I don't have Fermi to test.

Ok, I was able to fix the console logging problem after "PCI Configuration Begin" is displayed simply by adding:

npci=0x2000 to the kernel boot flags. Ie in com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000</string>

no kext or DSDT hacking required.

I used Oleg's patch for IOPCIFamily.kext and added the kernel boot flag npci=0×2000 to com.apple.boot.plist. I get past PCI Configuration begin but now I am stalled at "USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): " in the boot sequence. Any suggestions?

I added the dsdt.aml to the /extra folder and added graphics enabler to the com.apple.boot.plist but I am still stuck at

" USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): ". Any other suggestions ?

i thought I would add this. w/ GM i had to disconnect extraneous usb devices and the usb hub that i had. if i didn't i would be stuck at [ pci configuration begin ]. this did not seem to happen w/ dp3/dp4, or at least that i recalled. after installation i plugged everything back in and it worked fine.

i thought I would add this. w/ GM i had to disconnect extraneous usb devices and the usb hub that i had. if i didn't i would be stuck at [ pci configuration begin ]. this did not seem to happen w/ dp3/dp4, or at least that i recalled. after installation i plugged everything back in and it worked fine.

I'm going to try this tip, thank you. I've been getting stuck @ 'PCB' for some time now and only modded or older KEXTS worked to fix it. I'd much rather keep it Vanilla if I can.

An update, removing my USB Hub and using NPCI=0x2000 worked a treat, thank you for that tip. :)

I'm now rocking my i7 970, Gigabyte UD9 and Gigabyte 560 Ti. ;) I used GE for the 560 (Full Resolutions, Open GL, no OpenCL) along with adding the DEV ID to NV100..blahblah Kext in S/L/E/ . :)