• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

InsanelyOne

InsanelyOne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Just ordered the parts from eBay. Can't wait to get it installed. I used the link provided in the PDF to get the DC converter for $3.95 and found the bluetooth module on eBay with the power cable and antenna for $4.95. Less than 10 bucks!!! Can't beat that.

I've already got a Apple WiFi module connected via a mini PCI-E to PCI-E adapter. Once I get the bluetooth working I'll have a complete Hac Pro!!!

Phil Marlowe

Phil Marlowe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 14 posts
Swhay, thank you for this nice guide!!!

For all Folks in Germany, for me the Recom R-783.3-0.5 DC/DC Converter works fine. If you'll use it, you have to connect the red power line from the USB Cable to the pin in the leftmost position if you're looking at the printed site of the converter. The red power line from the module has to be attached to the rightmost pin. Both black cables from USB & from the Bluetooth-Module must get connected to the middle pin.
Good luck and a calm hand :)

Cheers, Phil

Worcester64

Worcester64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 3 posts
Excellent guide!

I ordered the parts, but I do not know how to solder, has anyone tried using wire glue instead?

Wire Glue

camoguy

camoguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Success!!

Day one, I am pleased to report all is well in hack land. Just need to have this impossible thing called patience.

I ordered a bt module from an intel mac book for 7 bucks. I was astonished how tiny they are hehe. found a 5 to 3.3 v converter other than what is specified in the guide that works as well and it's only a dollar plus shipping. I pulled a usb front panel cable from an old case, tested it the clunker machine first to make sure I was getting 3.3v, wired it into the usb header of my board, and snaked the wire out back. Tapped it up some with electrical tape to hide exposed solder contacts and secured to the case with zipties.

Thanks for the guide, I wouldn't have ever done it with out it!

Getting about 50 to 56 -dBm on Connection RSSI

Converter
LM3940IS-3.3 Voltage Convertor 5V to 3.3V 1A
http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1180
Attached File  IMG_0418.JPG   1.7MB   472 downloads

Bluetooth
Apple MacBook A1181 Bluetooth Board 820-1829-A
http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_5161wt_1180

Update 9/30/2011
apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse both working in os x and windows. I did run into a few issues right away, it's bothersome to have to re-pair the mouse, but the keyboard is much easier to setup for dual boot. The bluetooth module is doing great, I have a good signal in windows and os x. I'm not sure what exactly I did to the drivers in windows but it doesn't think I have a bluetooth device installed, I think it's treating it like a regular usb hid thing for wireless keyboard/mice. Device manager doesn't show a bluetooth. But on the bright side, my wireless keyboard works following power on self tests, either from mac or windows. Problem is, since the keyboard and mouse don't have any entries in device manager in windows, I can't update drivers, so I'm stuck using the generic windows drivers and I lose the ability to "magic scroll"... but all in all, satisfied I have a working bluetooth adapter.

Update 10/3/2011
i had mouse and keyboard working in windows for a while. i thought i would install boot camp drivers to add scrolling to the mouse, and now while that didn't work, it sprung up a whole mess of problems. if i have the usb keyboard plugged in, the keyboard seems to work fine in bios and even in windows. if the keyboard is unplugged, keyboard/mouse doesn't work. also the device isn't being recognized correctly, it's giving me error code 10 or 43 in windows. i made a 700mb boot camp windows setup files folder from setting up bootcamp on a modern macbook. that folder contains, bluetooth installer, enabler, and broadcom installer. Ive tried installing all of these files and I can't get it to work right. Works fine in os x...

FIXED, what it was, Apple boot camp or I must have installed this WICOM driver and when I removed it from control panel, rebooted, all is well, keyboard mouse is working, magic scroll works too! :blink:

Attached Files

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
I did this a few weeks ago and it works really well.
My only problem is that other devices like my iphone can't see my 'mac' pro via bluetooth even though it's set to visible.

Are there certain modules that only allow use with mice and keyboards and don't support the receiving of files?

potxiwt

potxiwt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Please see the attached PDF document which outlines step by step with pictures how to add an Apple Bluetooth module like the ones found in the iMac, Macbook, and Macbook Pro to your Hackintosh PC for fully working Bluetooth just like a real Mac.

I hope there are some members out there that can use this. It sure has helped me a lot and gave me full Bluetooth functionality in my "Mac Pro" (Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5) and the Magic mouse and wireless keyboard both work just as good as they do on my 2009 27" iMac.

THANX !!!

That work pretty well !
Magic mouse + magicprefs
Apple keyboard bluetooth

AWESOME
thanx a lot

alfa147x

alfa147x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Works perfectly! Thanks!

nathandw

nathandw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
For me the signal was weak after placing the BT-module in my computer. I got myself an external housing, put everything in there, added an USB-port and taped it my desk.
Works perfectly now.

I LOVE the wake up feature!

InsanelyOne

InsanelyOne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Success! Love being able to wake from sleep with my bluetooth keyboard. Much thanks to Swhay for the great write-up!

alvin23

alvin23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Does anyone tried with the MagicTrackpad?
It works fine to you??

I'm having some issues to make it work right in my hackintosh with Apple Bluetooth Module method.
I cant use 2 fingers slide, neither 3 or 4, even i cant use 1 touch click, i have to press the surface.

It's so annoying!

ianmc81

ianmc81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I hope there are some members out there that can use this. It sure has helped me a lot and gave me full Bluetooth functionality in my "Mac Pro" (Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5) and the Magic mouse and wireless keyboard both work just as good as they do on my 2009 27" iMac.

@Swhay,

Hello and thanks for all the helpful info! I followed this guide and now have an Apple bluetooth module (sold to me as A1181) hooked up as your document describes and paired with a Magic Trackpad. It works well, and I can put the PC to sleep and wake it from the keyboard and front power button and the Trackpad happily reconnects.

Where I have an issue is with waking the PC with the Trackpad itself. If put the machine to sleep then tap the Trackpad it does wake up, but the trackpad does not reconnect. My bluetooth icon disappears from the menu bar and appears to be knackered, requiring a reboot. My kernel.log is flooded with the included errors.

I was wondering if you had any idea how I can get this to wake the machine up properly? I'm on Lion and using a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 as well.

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.
[ClearFeatureBulkEndpointHalt] DeviceRequest failed 0xE00002ED.
[AppleUSBHCIController][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] - ClearPipeStall returned e00002ed
[[0xffffff800db2d000] OpCode 0x0C01 from: kernel_task (0) status: 0x00 state: 2 timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.
[SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: [0x0C01] (Set Event Mask) -- Send request failed (err = 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout))
E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkOutWriteCompleteHandler] ERROR1: 0xe00002ed; sizeRem=00000000; isInactive = 0, suspended = 0
E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][SendACLData] Bulk out [ACL] data failed. (error = 0xe000404f )
E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed -- kIOReturnNotResponding

sosilv

sosilv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

@Swhay,

Hello and thanks for all the helpful info! I followed this guide and now have an Apple bluetooth module (sold to me as A1181) hooked up as your document describes and paired with a Magic Trackpad. It works well, and I can put the PC to sleep and wake it from the keyboard and front power button and the Trackpad happily reconnects.

Where I have an issue is with waking the PC with the Trackpad itself. If put the machine to sleep then tap the Trackpad it does wake up, but the trackpad does not reconnect. My bluetooth icon disappears from the menu bar and appears to be knackered, requiring a reboot. My kernel.log is flooded with the included errors.

I was wondering if you had any idea how I can get this to wake the machine up properly? I'm on Lion and using a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 as well.

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.
[ClearFeatureBulkEndpointHalt] DeviceRequest failed 0xE00002ED.
[AppleUSBHCIController][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] - ClearPipeStall returned e00002ed
[[0xffffff800db2d000] OpCode 0x0C01 from: kernel_task (0) status: 0x00 state: 2 timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.
[SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: [0x0C01] (Set Event Mask) -- Send request failed (err = 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout))
E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkOutWriteCompleteHandler] ERROR1: 0xe00002ed; sizeRem=00000000; isInactive = 0, suspended = 0
E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][SendACLData] Bulk out [ACL] data failed. (error = 0xe000404f )
E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed -- kIOReturnNotResponding

Yes, same Gigabyte board. Module model sold for an A1181
but on chip is signed as model A1114, don't know the difference.
The module is connected to head usb on motherboard and wake reason is UHC2.
my Log:
Wake reason: UHC2
Oct 24 19:03:03 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device WirelessControllerDevice (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
Oct 24 19:03:03 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: EIR is not supported.
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed -- kIOReturnNotResponding
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [ClearFeatureBulkEndpointHalt] DeviceRequest failed 0xE00002ED.
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [AppleUSBHCIController][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] - ClearPipeStall returned e00002ed
Oct 24 19:03:08 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [[0xffffff8015a49000] OpCode 0x0C01 from: kernel_task (0) status: 0x00 state: 2 timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.

Anyway i don't have trackpad. Wake from magic mouse or aluminum keyb gave me the error you are reporting too. After wake Mouse and Keyb does not respond till restart.
Can you post you dsdt and bios setting? i'm on bios ver f11.... if i could wake right for keyb and mouse it would be a good think!! :)
Is there anyone who can give a good tips?
Thanks.

iStigPL

iStigPL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Black is ground, == Black in the guide
Grey is Data+, == Yellow in the guide
Blue is Data-, == Green in the guide
Green is Power, == Red in the guide

Your four wires are inserted in a 4 socket connector. You can easily find the pinout for the USB header on the motherboard, and using the (R,W,G,-_- for the USB cable, I was able to decode the wire colors attached to USB cable.

--skip

very intresting - did you test it ? Using your advice I burned two BT modules....
correct connections for my module is:
Black = VCC
Grey = D-
Blue = D+
Green = GND

here you have module from Macbook Pro A1260
Posted Image

my 2in1 iDevice :-D - description in polish, but there are many pictures so everything should be clear
2in1 - IrDA & Bluetooth

tonelab77

tonelab77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Success!!

Day one, I am pleased to report all is well in hack land. Just need to have this impossible thing called patience.

I ordered a bt module from an intel mac book for 7 bucks. I was astonished how tiny they are hehe. found a 5 to 3.3 v converter other than what is specified in the guide that works as well and it's only a dollar plus shipping. I pulled a usb front panel cable from an old case, tested it the clunker machine first to make sure I was getting 3.3v, wired it into the usb header of my board, and snaked the wire out back. Tapped it up some with electrical tape to hide exposed solder contacts and secured to the case with zipties.

Thanks for the guide, I wouldn't have ever done it with out it!

Getting about 50 to 56 -dBm on Connection RSSI

Converter
LM3940IS-3.3 Voltage Convertor 5V to 3.3V 1A
http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1180
Attached File  IMG_0418.JPG   1.7MB   472 downloads

Is the wiring in your pic correct? It looks backwards. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

sosilv

sosilv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yes, same Gigabyte board. Module model sold for an A1181
but on chip is signed as model A1114, don't know the difference.
The module is connected to head usb on motherboard and wake reason is UHC2.
my Log:
Wake reason: UHC2
Oct 24 19:03:03 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device WirelessControllerDevice (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
Oct 24 19:03:03 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: EIR is not supported.
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed -- kIOReturnNotResponding
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [ClearFeatureBulkEndpointHalt] DeviceRequest failed 0xE00002ED.
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [AppleUSBHCIController][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] - ClearPipeStall returned e00002ed
Oct 24 19:03:08 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [[0xffffff8015a49000] OpCode 0x0C01 from: kernel_task (0) status: 0x00 state: 2 timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.

Anyway i don't have trackpad. Wake from magic mouse or aluminum keyb gave me the error you are reporting too. After wake Mouse and Keyb does not respond till restart.
Can you post you dsdt and bios setting? i'm on bios ver f11.... if i could wake right for keyb and mouse it would be a good think!!
Is there anyone who can give a good tips?
Thanks.

No one? any suggenstion?

fallchild

fallchild

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Im a little late to the party and missed out on the ebay link. Anyone have a link for another 5v to 3.3 converter? Thanks

Luky Luke

Luky Luke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I have successfully mod the Apple MacBook A1181 Bluetooth Board Module 820-1829-A and it's working fine, multitouch, wake etc.
But i have a problem, in combination with my apple alu wired keyboard the bios boot screen of my gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3r is hanging and will only continue if the keyboard or bluetooth module is disconnected. If have an other mini bluetooth dongle for DX (dongle ) that is working with my magic mouse, it boot without any problems but it can not wake my pc from sleep.

Attached File  IMAG0401.jpg   1.55MB   231 downloads

Does anybody know how to fix this issue so i can use the original apple bluetooth module without problems.

Attached Files

Bela Kiss

Bela Kiss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Is somebody interested in a self made module shown in this guide. I just sold my hackintosh and got an iMac27. I did it myself and Operated it successfully in GA-EP45UD3R with Magic Mouse and Trackpad.Shipment to Germany, 20 bucks + Post.

HELLFISH

HELLFISH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I finally got around to trying this. It works perfectly. Wake from sleep and all. Very happy now! ;)

Posted Image

ovof

ovof

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I've followed this tutorial : the GRAALLLLLL

Now having bluetooth wakeup with magic mouse or wireless keyboard!!!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy