[Guide] Installing Apple Bluetooth Module in your Hackintosh

Swhay

106 posts in this topic

Please see the attached PDF document which outlines step by step with pictures how to add an Apple Bluetooth module like the ones found in the iMac, Macbook, and Macbook Pro to your Hackintosh PC for fully working Bluetooth just like a real Mac.

How_To_Add_an_Apple_Bluetooth_module_to_your_PC.pdf

I hope there are some members out there that can use this. It sure has helped me a lot and gave me full Bluetooth functionality in my "Mac Pro" (Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5) and the Magic mouse and wireless keyboard both work just as good as they do on my 2009 27" iMac.

THANX !!!

That work pretty well !

Magic mouse + magicprefs

Apple keyboard bluetooth

AWESOME

thanx a lot

For me the signal was weak after placing the BT-module in my computer. I got myself an external housing, put everything in there, added an USB-port and taped it my desk.

Works perfectly now.

I LOVE the wake up feature!

Does anyone tried with the MagicTrackpad?

It works fine to you??

I'm having some issues to make it work right in my hackintosh with Apple Bluetooth Module method.

I cant use 2 fingers slide, neither 3 or 4, even i cant use 1 touch click, i have to press the surface.

It's so annoying!

I hope there are some members out there that can use this. It sure has helped me a lot and gave me full Bluetooth functionality in my "Mac Pro" (Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5) and the Magic mouse and wireless keyboard both work just as good as they do on my 2009 27" iMac.

@Swhay,

Hello and thanks for all the helpful info! I followed this guide and now have an Apple bluetooth module (sold to me as A1181) hooked up as your document describes and paired with a Magic Trackpad. It works well, and I can put the PC to sleep and wake it from the keyboard and front power button and the Trackpad happily reconnects.

Where I have an issue is with waking the PC with the Trackpad itself. If put the machine to sleep then tap the Trackpad it does wake up, but the trackpad does not reconnect. My bluetooth icon disappears from the menu bar and appears to be knackered, requiring a reboot. My kernel.log is flooded with the included errors.

I was wondering if you had any idea how I can get this to wake the machine up properly? I'm on Lion and using a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 as well.

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.

[ClearFeatureBulkEndpointHalt] DeviceRequest failed 0xE00002ED.

[AppleUSBHCIController][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] - ClearPipeStall returned e00002ed

[[0xffffff800db2d000] OpCode 0x0C01 from: kernel_task (0) status: 0x00 state: 2 timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.

[sendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: [0x0C01] (Set Event Mask) -- Send request failed (err = 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout))

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkOutWriteCompleteHandler] ERROR1: 0xe00002ed; sizeRem=00000000; isInactive = 0, suspended = 0

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][sendACLData] Bulk out [ACL] data failed. (error = 0xe000404f )

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed -- kIOReturnNotResponding

@Swhay,

Hello and thanks for all the helpful info! I followed this guide and now have an Apple bluetooth module (sold to me as A1181) hooked up as your document describes and paired with a Magic Trackpad. It works well, and I can put the PC to sleep and wake it from the keyboard and front power button and the Trackpad happily reconnects.

Where I have an issue is with waking the PC with the Trackpad itself. If put the machine to sleep then tap the Trackpad it does wake up, but the trackpad does not reconnect. My bluetooth icon disappears from the menu bar and appears to be knackered, requiring a reboot. My kernel.log is flooded with the included errors.

I was wondering if you had any idea how I can get this to wake the machine up properly? I'm on Lion and using a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 as well.

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.

[ClearFeatureBulkEndpointHalt] DeviceRequest failed 0xE00002ED.

[AppleUSBHCIController][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] - ClearPipeStall returned e00002ed

[[0xffffff800db2d000] OpCode 0x0C01 from: kernel_task (0) status: 0x00 state: 2 timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.

[sendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: [0x0C01] (Set Event Mask) -- Send request failed (err = 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout))

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkOutWriteCompleteHandler] ERROR1: 0xe00002ed; sizeRem=00000000; isInactive = 0, suspended = 0

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][sendACLData] Bulk out [ACL] data failed. (error = 0xe000404f )

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed -- kIOReturnNotResponding

Yes, same Gigabyte board. Module model sold for an A1181

but on chip is signed as model A1114, don't know the difference.

The module is connected to head usb on motherboard and wake reason is UHC2.

my Log:

Wake reason: UHC2

Oct 24 19:03:03 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device WirelessControllerDevice (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Oct 24 19:03:03 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: EIR is not supported.

Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed -- kIOReturnNotResponding

Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.

Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [ClearFeatureBulkEndpointHalt] DeviceRequest failed 0xE00002ED.

Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [AppleUSBHCIController][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] - ClearPipeStall returned e00002ed

Oct 24 19:03:08 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [[0xffffff8015a49000] OpCode 0x0C01 from: kernel_task (0) status: 0x00 state: 2 timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.

Anyway i don't have trackpad. Wake from magic mouse or aluminum keyb gave me the error you are reporting too. After wake Mouse and Keyb does not respond till restart.

Can you post you dsdt and bios setting? i'm on bios ver f11.... if i could wake right for keyb and mouse it would be a good think!! :)

Is there anyone who can give a good tips?

Thanks.

Black is ground, == Black in the guide

Grey is Data+, == Yellow in the guide

Blue is Data-, == Green in the guide

Green is Power, == Red in the guide

Your four wires are inserted in a 4 socket connector. You can easily find the pinout for the USB header on the motherboard, and using the (R,W,G,-_- for the USB cable, I was able to decode the wire colors attached to USB cable.

--skip

very intresting - did you test it ? Using your advice I burned two BT modules....

correct connections for my module is:

Black = VCC

Grey = D-

Blue = D+

Green = GND

here you have module from Macbook Pro A1260

BTconn.JPG

my 2in1 iDevice :-D - description in polish, but there are many pictures so everything should be clear

2in1 - IrDA & Bluetooth

• Like 2

Success!!

Day one, I am pleased to report all is well in hack land. Just need to have this impossible thing called patience.

I ordered a bt module from an intel mac book for 7 bucks. I was astonished how tiny they are hehe. found a 5 to 3.3 v converter other than what is specified in the guide that works as well and it's only a dollar plus shipping. I pulled a usb front panel cable from an old case, tested it the clunker machine first to make sure I was getting 3.3v, wired it into the usb header of my board, and snaked the wire out back. Tapped it up some with electrical tape to hide exposed solder contacts and secured to the case with zipties.

Thanks for the guide, I wouldn't have ever done it with out it!

Getting about 50 to 56 -dBm on Connection RSSI

Converter

LM3940IS-3.3 Voltage Convertor 5V to 3.3V 1A

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250549492987?ssPag...9#ht_500wt_1180

post-642937-1317096315_thumb.jpg

Is the wiring in your pic correct? It looks backwards. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

my Log:

Oct 24 19:03:03 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device WirelessControllerDevice (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed -- kIOReturnNotResponding

Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.

Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [ClearFeatureBulkEndpointHalt] DeviceRequest failed 0xE00002ED.

Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [AppleUSBHCIController][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] - ClearPipeStall returned e00002ed

Oct 24 19:03:08 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [[0xffffff8015a49000] OpCode 0x0C01 from: kernel_task (0) status: 0x00 state: 2 timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.

Anyway i don't have trackpad. Wake from magic mouse or aluminum keyb gave me the error you are reporting too. After wake Mouse and Keyb does not respond till restart.

Can you post you dsdt and bios setting? i'm on bios ver f11.... if i could wake right for keyb and mouse it would be a good think!!

Thanks.

No one? any suggenstion?

I have successfully mod the Apple MacBook A1181 Bluetooth Board Module 820-1829-A and it's working fine, multitouch, wake etc.

But i have a problem, in combination with my apple alu wired keyboard the bios boot screen of my gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3r is hanging and will only continue if the keyboard or bluetooth module is disconnected. If have an other mini bluetooth dongle for DX (dongle ) that is working with my magic mouse, it boot without any problems but it can not wake my pc from sleep.

post-495665-1320348848_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know how to fix this issue so i can use the original apple bluetooth module without problems.

post-495665-1320348733_thumb.jpg

No one? any suggenstion?

My answer is unfortunately a little late, but I had exactly the same problem before…

In my case the problem appeared when using two diodes as power supply.

With two diodes it is impossible do get 3,3V constantly and the bluetooth module is not working properly. When I replaced the diodes with a constant 3.3 V power supply LD1117V33 for 1€ the problem was solved and the bluetooth modul was working as it should :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my Log:

Can you post you dsdt and bios setting? i'm on bios ver f11.... if i could wake right for keyb and mouse it would be a good think!! :D

Thanks.

I am having the same problems as described above. When i wake from sleep using bt keyboard or mouse computer wakes, but bluetooth is unresponsive. It requires a reboot for bt to function properly.

I get similar error codes from kernel as above. I have the same setup as in this guide using a converter and plugged into usb bus on motherboard.

Any suggestions?? everything else works, but wake from sleep..

• 3 weeks later...

i did the mod. BT works fine with apple keyboard and trackpad, but when i put it to sleep, it powers down for just a fraction of a second, then wakes back up. it is like one of the BT devices is sending a wakeup signal as soon as sleep starts. any ideas?

thanks

• Like 1

i did the mod. BT works fine with apple keyboard and trackpad, but when i put it to sleep, it powers down for just a fraction of a second, then wakes back up. it is like one of the BT devices is sending a wakeup signal as soon as sleep starts. any ideas?

thanks

What is the wake reason in console?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A1114 Works great in Lion but I can't get it to work in Windows 7 64. I installed Apple Bluetooth Driver from Boot Camp and Apple Bluetooth Built In shows up as a device and sees my keyboard but won't connect to it. I see that others have had success and wonder what I'm missing? Thanks to everyone for the info that got me this far.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I also have the A1114 working in everything except windows 7 64bit. How did you install the drivers from bootcamp i would very much like to try that out. Also on a side note was anybody able to access the bios and/or bootloader with this bluetooth chip ? I am under the impression the BCM92046MD is supposedly working but not the A1114 is this true?