1572 replies to this topic

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Longhorn, OSX, Women and computers

Does anyone have a issue with VoodooBattery.kext not working in Lion as my Battery SHows but it says its not there has a X in it.

I have amanged to install Lion without XPC or boot as well no mods required to install it and boot first go. Just the battery issue and its a 100 working Hackingtosh in shape of a Lenovo G550.

Hi,

Yes.. i do.. once in a while.. havent found a solution to it yet :huh:

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...
I just managed to boot Lion DP1 on a HP Mini netbook (with 64bit atom processor).
It required an extra patch to mask out the "Local APIC error" in order for it to boot.
Still adapting DP2 kernel for this too so those HP guys can boot Lion too ;)

Regi Yassin

Regi Yassin

Who am I ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
i have a problem with the latest update of lion dp2, "444d".
everytime i open iTunes, my pc got hang, no moveable pointer, if its wi*dows maybe a BSOD ;)

can someone help me?

sorry if my english isnt well

ginosih

ginosih

omnikohh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Andy Is right!
This is the reason cause I don't read "DSMOS had arrived" anymore!

Many test! I have to format the usb pen.

see you later! ^^

Same x me....waiting for dsmos...and stopped..... GTX 460 :)

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

I just managed to boot Lion DP1 on a HP Mini netbook (with 64bit atom processor).
It required an extra patch to mask out the "Local APIC error" in order for it to boot.
Still adapting DP2 kernel for this too so those HP guys can boot Lion too :blink:

cool would be great to have it even on 32bit ones ;-)
i care about the last pack for mini311
do not hesitate to keep in touch about it
best regards

MAik

MAik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Andy,

will Anval ACPI Loader able to boot Lion using the flag KernelPatch=Yes? :lol:

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...
I've made a new atom kernel that will also work on HP mini netbooks (lapic fixed).
I've done both the DP1 and DP2 kernel.
NOTE: for booting 32bit you need DP1 kernel... I'm making progress on this and I'm working on a new bootloader that will allow this...
Downloadable below (kernels):
https://rapidshare.c...s_APICFixed.zip

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:ileopod.wordpress.com
good to hear that you working on a x32 version

ginosih

ginosih

omnikohh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
any news about pci conf begin in fermi gtx 460?tnxx

jmacie

jmacie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I've made a new atom kernel that will also work on HP mini netbooks (lapic fixed).
I've done both the DP1 and DP2 kernel.
NOTE: for booting 32bit you need DP1 kernel... I'm making progress on this and I'm working on a new bootloader that will allow this...
Downloadable below (kernels):
https://rapidshare.c...s_APICFixed.zip

I know a lot of mini owners would be thrilled to try lion on their 32 bit atoms. I wish you luck, as meklort has seemed to have stepped away from his developments.

warback

warback

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
When DSMOS has arrived ... just waiting 2-5 min and it's Ok !

ginosih

ginosih

omnikohh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

any news about pci conf begin in fermi gtx 460?tnxx

ehmmm dsmos has arrived.... i'm waiting for 30 minutes but nothing...

kocoman

kocoman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
In Lion (booting 64bit), if I use 2GB Ram, USB is fine (no error messages), but if I add to 3GB ram or more, I get

AppleUSBEHCI(or OHCI)0xffffff80xxxxx:: UIMInitalize - unable to get device memory
error occured (0xe0002be)

UIMInitalize unable to get device memory
(then usb does not work)

I tried this with NEC and ALI usb chips, but same result

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,896 posts
To avoid (in testphase) to open PC and add /remove RAM for 2 GB barrier, there is an kernel boot key to set max used mem.
maxmem=2048

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,281 posts
With some kernel debugging, I was able to figure out why my sandy bridge system would always immediately reboot when trying to install OSX 10.7. Adding to the confusion, some bootloaders (xpc, #####) would tend to hang/or black screen before even starting a kernel. Now that chameleon rc5 supports 10.7, I was able to merge the valv branch sandy bridge changes into the mainline code, and finally get beyond the bootloader issues.

The problem turned out to be that the OSX kernel's tsc_init() routine is failing to work properly for my sandy bridge system. tsc_init() has logic to use MSR_FLEX_RATIO, and for my system, that logic fails and leads to cpu_mhz = tscGranularity = flex_ratio = 0.
A small (1 byte!) patch to skip the MSR_FLEX_RATIO usage fixes this and the system then works just fine.

Strange that I seem to be the only one that has reported having this issue; is it a BIOS bug that MSR_FLEX_RATIO returns bit 16 set, but bits 8 thru 15 clear? Ie:
% rdmsr -0 0x194
00000000000f0000
%
In intel's processor manual MSR section, I don't see MSR_FLEX_RATIO described, certainly not under the sandy bridge MSR subsection, yet the OSX kernel is using it for sandy bridge, westmere, nehalem...

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,139 posts
@bcc9 - There's some work going on here for Sandy Bridge which might prove interesting reading. It's above me, but you might be able to add your input.

kocoman

kocoman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

To avoid (in testphase) to open PC and add /remove RAM for 2 GB barrier, there is an kernel boot key to set max used mem.
maxmem=2048

edit: ok I fix the problem, I had to remove the existing dsdt.aml, reboot, then remake one, then add back my graphics p0p8.

gigignopechegno

gigignopechegno

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:TRAVEL

Hi guys!

I'm trying to install Lion on my P5Q deluxe from USB bootable with Chameleno RC5 Rev755 v7 but the installation stops here:

Posted Image

I can't understand what is the problem! Help me please!

I find one solution for Dsmos arrived.

1. Install Dp2 with my macbook pro.

2. Go in desktop with macbook pro

3. Install 3 kext FakeSMC.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, download in my post 1218 ,with Kext utility for Lion.

4. Repair permission

5. Install Kabyl V3 or ^Andy^ bootloader , see post Ireset http://www.insanelym...p...5866&st=220

6. I utilize same Extra folder Snow .

7. This point is important , connect hard drive in first port but if you utilize another port you have (dsmos arrived)

With this metod I have 4 gtx 470 Evga work well with cuda 4.0.14 driver.

I try DP3 but not work.

I wait yours test and opinion

giginopechegno

Attached Files

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,281 posts

@bcc9 - There's some work going on here for Sandy Bridge which might prove interesting reading. It's above me, but you might be able to add your input.

Before going to all the trouble of debugging the kernel, I searched and waited for over a month for something to come up. (Also detailed my problem in several threads.)

I saw that thread, but it seems to be particular to a lot of Asus issues, asus bios issues and its dsdt, and also revoboot. (My motherboard is a gigabyte ga-h67ma-ud2h-b3). I looked thru the source code to revoboot as well, didn't see a relevant fix there, the source code doesn't compile, and I didn't see any binaries to try.

I should point out that with my MSR fix I finally have a working lion install on my gigabyte motherboard. Perhaps this finding is worth a separate gigabyte lion thread...

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts

Before going to all the trouble of debugging the kernel, I searched and waited for over a month for something to come up. (Also detailed my problem in several threads.)

I saw that thread, but it seems to be particular to a lot of Asus issues, asus bios issues and its dsdt, and also revoboot. (My motherboard is a gigabyte ga-h67ma-ud2h-b3). I looked thru the source code to revoboot as well, didn't see a relevant fix there, the source code doesn't compile, and I didn't see any binaries to try.

I should point out that with my MSR fix I finally have a working lion install on my gigabyte motherboard. Perhaps this finding is worth a separate gigabyte lion thread...

I just checked RevoBoot from github and it compiles just fine. I guess you missed the lines explaining what to do: either copy or rename some of the template files. Too bad that you had to run into this, and that you did not provide any feedback about this problem, because I would have taken care of it right away. Like I just did with my latest commit so that other people won't run into the same kind of trouble... when they skip the README file.

Anyway. Your GB board seems to have some sort of BIOS bug, or perhaps this is just due a wrong settings, but this is why I took care of it in RevoBoot... by checking a different MSR:
msr = rdmsr64(MSR_PLATFORM_INFO); // 0xCE
uint16_t minBusRatio = (msr >> 40);
uint16_t maxBusRatio = ((msr >> 8) & 0xff);

printf("Busratio (min): 0x%x (%d)\n", maxBusRatio, maxBusRatio);
printf("Busratio (max): 0x%x (%d)\n", minBusRatio, minBusRatio);
So what does that give you? Oh. When this MSR also returns zero's where it should return the correct multipliers... All hail to Asus engineering for listening to us ;)

p.s. RevoBoot is just a vehicle to get things going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy