1572 replies to this topic

lord_webi

lord_webi

./root86.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:WingTsun, osx86, western shooting

Fantomas1... Thank you for this test. Yes i know is exactly when boot with -v for locale errors.
My Lion DP2a (11A430e) is without error, and this white is always annoying to see in writing.

I can only hope that the developers of XPC iPhoneTom soon finds there a solution that can boot
without-v is also normal, as indeed in the Lion DP2 also went.

oh man ...

pinarek

pinarek

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

oh man ...

What about "oh man" ? Articulate up times little more accurate!

Abid Khan

Abid Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Install my VoodooPS2Controller (Leopard version)
It works for my laptop under Lion so...

On my HP Pavilion DV6 2164TX i7 with Nvidia i try VoodooPS2Controller and laptop trackpad is working, but still none of both laptop and external keyboard is working.

any help for keyboard?

Regards

pechspilz

pechspilz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Guys, you may want to check out this post if you're still having problems installing a Lion hackintosh using XPC:

http://trick77.com/2...oper-preview-2/

The latest XPC version supports image-based boot and it even does it automatically. Installing Lion is a breeze now. Well, at least if you have all the Kexts you need and the DSDT. I'm wondering if someone's working on Chameleon to make it (100%) compatible with Lion because I really miss the super fast boot time and unlike XPC it can be installed to a Guid partitioned disk. According to the official repository, there ain't a lot of Lion-specific things going on:
http://forge.voodoop...eleon/timeline/

Oh well.. you can't have it all I guess.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,880 posts
XPC Users: Only XPC V 0.75 works for me. :( (Not bad but confusing).

All later XPC versions didnt show any of my HD / Volumes (AHCI, SATA, Gigabyte EP35 ICH9).
Also F (rescan for boot volumes) only showing : No bootvolumes found
Is XPV >= 0.75 only for ICH10 (P45 Chipset) or non AHCI SATA ?

me@home

me@home

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

XPC Users: Only XPC V 0.75 works for me....

well, mitch_de that's strange I have ahci - sata (4x HD + 1x DVD RW) and I use XPC-0.82.33. It boots up my Lion DP2+ without any problems.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,880 posts
Hhmm, perhaps you have ICH 10 P45, insted of ICH9 (P35) ?
Its not the problem XPC > V075 cant boot LION, it cant find any of my volumes to boot - no volumes at all are show to boot, V0.75 shows all and boots SL or LION :P
Anyone with ICH 9 mainboard here (P35, with ICH9 non RAID controller) ?

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,602 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...
We've worked hard on making a non-double faulting bootloader (the credits go to cparm for this).
I've constructed a PC EFI 10.6 that will work on both Lion and older.
It is no longer required to use the kernelcache (you can use also Extensions.mkext or just .kext files)
This is only the first step in the line, next will be an AnVAL and I'm sure cparm will release stuff too ;)
I've also attached atom / new Celeron patched kernel but it'll only work for 64bit cpu's (apple is dropping their legacy 32bit support since Lion with every step...).
Even with DP1 and perfect bootloader and patched kernel it'll halt execution after launchd is launched so...
I've done the same test on an i7 and it loaded very fast without issues...
Patch for Snow Leopard PC EFI 10.6 is also included...

Kernel for DP2 Atom / New celeron 64bit:
https://rapidshare.c...on_DP2_Atom.zip

Attached Files

lord_webi

lord_webi

./root86.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

We've worked hard on making a non-double faulting bootloader (the credits go to cparm for this).
It is no longer required to use the kernelcache (you can use also Extensions.mkext or just .kext files)
This is only the first step in the line, next will be an AnVAL and I'm sure cparm will release stuff too ;)
I've also attached atom / new Celeron patched kernel but it'll only work for 64bit cpu's (apple is dropping their legacy 32bit support since Lion with every step...).
Even with DP1 and perfect bootloader and patched kernel it'll halt execution after launchd is launched so...

works like a charm ... thanks a lot !!!

ricola

ricola

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Nice!!! .. thanks :D

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
I am going to have to try this method by by AnV. But first question– which Chameleon loader can be used with this?

BTW, XPC loader ver .083.02 (latest) boots Lion DP2 straight from a DVD, honoring all kexts put in folder EFI/XPC/extra_kext, such as network, sounds,etc. Th eonly kext needed to boot is FakeSMC; others are just addons after the setup. Another point worth mentioning is that after initial setup, there is no need to remove PlatformSupport.plist at all. It's very impressive!

Link: http://www.mediafire...qaagp8nk6wqxjwy

It also boots SL.

mindlessmissy

mindlessmissy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I am going to have to try this method by by AnV. But first question– which Chameleon loader can be used with this?

Personally I am using v.2 RC 2 r640 and it works with AnV's boot file ...

Side Note: coming from a person who has never tried the pc_efi variation of the bootloader, this sh!t is REALY fast compared to the regular Chameleon loader ... :)

is it because it is GUI-less ?

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Personally I am using v.2 RC 2 r640 and it works with AnV's boot file ...

Side Note: coming from a person who has never tried the pc_efi variation of the bootloader, this sh!t is REALY fast compared to the regular Chameleon loader ... :)

is it because it is GUI-less ?

Attach the boot file if you wont..

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts

This is only the first step in the line, next will be an AnVAL and I'm sure cparm will release stuff too :)

It is a disgrace to see something like this and if this patch gets accepted, in its unmodified form, without giving proper credits, then I am leaving the scene.

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

This is only the first step in the line, next will be an AnVAL and I'm sure cparm will release stuff too :)

For us, the more irrelevant can you do a guide to advise us how we apply it exactly;

elitee

elitee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Since this is only PC-EFI, should an i5-2500k run at full speed? I tried the boot and it seems to think I'm running something else.

jmacie

jmacie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

For us, the more irrelevant can you do a guide to advise us how we apply it exactly;

Please, If there is someone that might help us understand how to install this pc efi. In searching here, and the comments from all the way back in 2007 at netkas', it seems the only install directions were for the beginning pc efi versions, in the read me. But these files are long gone, and so any help would be appreciated, thank you, johnm

HFW

HFW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Please, If there is someone that might help us understand how to install this pc efi. In searching here, and the comments from all the way back in 2007 at netkas', it seems the only install directions were for the beginning pc efi versions, in the read me. But these files are long gone, and so any help would be appreciated, thank you, johnm

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=164809

jmacie

jmacie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=164809

Thank you HFW,
Been trying to figure this out a long time! johnm
Works NO DP's!, Thanks AnV!! Finally going in the right direction with this bootloader. Hope AnV will point us to a tutorial on his next loader, thanks

lord_webi

lord_webi

./root86.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Thank you HFW,
Been trying to figure this out a long time! johnm
Works NO DP's!, Thanks AnV!! Finally going in the right direction with this bootloader. Hope AnV will point us to a tutorial on his next loader, thanks

changing or copying a new boot file ... who needs a tutorial for that ... as well as reading the readme in chameleon base file zip content ...

sorry ... such people should stay by any distro like Hazard or something like that or wait for Lion final stuff ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy