The Official WWDC 2006 Prediction Thread

Swad

115 posts in this topic

My predictions/hopes are:

• Leapard preview with Xcode update
  • iWork '07 preview that contains spreadsheet functionality
  • Mac Pro to replace PowerMac
  • MacBook Pro update with Merom (I hope :) ...waiting on MBP purchase until this happens)
  • iPhone

LOL that video is a terrible fake

My predictions/hopes are:

* Leapard preview with Xcode update

* iWork '07 preview that contains spreadsheet functionality

* Mac Pro to replace PowerMac

* MacBook Pro update with Merom (I hope thumbsup_anim.gif ...waiting on MBP purchase until this happens)

* iPhone

I doubt they will preview iWork, they never do that kind of things, and doen't fit in WWDC. The Merom MBP won't be inmediatly aviable, expect it to the ond of the month.

iPhone... not this monday

I'm really loking foward to see any UI improvements on Leopard, the death of brushed metal to be replced to iApp-ish, the imposition of unified title+toolbar and final departure of the stripes. And no more experiments an slight variations of this two.

One thing I forgot to mention. I think Steve Jobs will announce something that no one is talking about right now. Some have mentioned OS X running on non-Apple hardware. That would certainly classify as a shocker but I don't think it will be that.

In other words, I think Steve has something up his sleeve that will surprise everyone.

Post your predictions for WWDC here. Mine include:

1. Leopard preview.

2. New Mac Pro.

3. Promise of Merom Macbook Pros (and maybe Macbooks) by the end of the month.

4. Introduction of some big universal app - Office, etc.

That's about it - I'm not expecting anything too crazy. How about you?

It appears they've done #1 even better than just a preview. :)

http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/QTNo...Demo/index.html

it's a sample code with the build requirement "Leopard Preview" so it's basically confirmed that there will be a developer's preview edition of Leopard distributed at WWDC (meaning a copy will leak on the bay of pirates for people to fiddle around with)

it's a sample code with the build requirement "Leopard Preview" so it's basically confirmed that there will be a developer's preview edition of Leopard distributed at WWDC

Good to know for sure. Many people expected that, including me, so I guess I already have one of my predictions confirmed

Thats one of the main targets of the mac mini with front row (and the long rumored but now forgoten airport express with video), but they don't care much about live tv because they sell TV shows, and soon rent/sell/both movies. The idea is that you can see your media on the TV, but to record Tv and that you need third party software and tunners

Here's what the page should have looked like

Is it me, or the supposed MacRumors mirror of that is only a huge MacRumors logo?

Hopefully new Mac Book Pro(s) based on Core Due 2 (whateva the code name might be :offtopic: )

Leopard.

I need to switch from a WinTel XP / 10.4.6 Hackintosh Laptop to a MBP but obviously not going to change untill the new stuff comes out (OK, Leopard can wait, it will just be an upgrade).

- R

That is a mighty fine looking X :)

I do wonder how long it will take for Leopard to be cracked I suppose we will only know when it is posted somewhere.

My guess is, as soon as Leopard comes out you're going to see these bad boys on the shelves in Apple stores.

LeopardDisc.png

Can you say "10.5 Universal Install DVD?" Currently they still have 10.4.3 PPC in my local mall, but Leopard will usher in the need for both PPC and Intel users to update.

Also, Apple is apparently updating its aging displays lineup. They needed the update badly because the Cinema Display's price and specs aren't impressive by today's standards. The new cinema dispays will have built-in isight cameras. There's a rumor of a supposed model that fits between the 23" and 30" sizes. There's also another new model that is reportedly larger than the 30" display!!! I'd guess it's going to be somewhat of a T.V. almost at the point...

the Leopard logo got me thinking....maybe Leopard will have a sleek black interface? or at least an option to turn it on like how you can switch between aqua and graphite? Just a wild speculation...doubt it's gonna happen though since it will look too much like Vista.

My speculation is based on the fact that 10.0/1 is based on the aqua interface idea, 10.3 logo has a brushed metal texture (consistent with the new Finder) and 10.4 has a smooth gray logo with a spotlight shine on it (consistent with spotlight)