Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

@crazybirdy or all

can you tell me exactly where the new (temp?) files (I mean in 10.13) are stored

when and update as been done? Can you check it maybe looking from other OSX where those file/folder are stored?

I'm a bit lost with this...

ErmaC

If the volume is /Volumes/Mac10131, when update to 10.13.2 from app store, it will auto-make a directory as /Volumes/Mac10131/macOS Install Data/ before restart to install the update.

Enoch need to boot with the updating boot system as below, to finish the updating.

/Volumes/Mac10131/macOS Install Data/Locked Files/Boot Files/SystemVersion.plist

/Volumes/Mac10131/macOS Install Data/Locked Files/Boot Files/prelinkedkernel

/Volumes/Mac10131/macOS Install Data/Locked Files/Boot Files/com.apple.Boot.plist

/Volumes/Mac10131/macOS Install Data/Locked Files/BaseSystem.dmg

I guess you mean this.

• Like 2

Pls try the latest one 2908 --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

Include the RC8 of FileNVRAM

(Module changes and build is courtesy of Micky1979)

@crazybirdy or all

can you tell me exactly where the new (temp?) files (I mean in 10.13) are stored

when and update as been done? Can you check it maybe looking from other OSX where those file/folder are stored?

I'm a bit lost with this...

ErmaC

Thanks for this new Enoch 2908 which can boot to the first stage of update process of High Sierra, but it always hanged after showing up of bright white Apple icon and installation icon and unable to complte the first stage of update.

It's a break-through and near success now.

How to fix it ?

I need more investigation then...

sorry...

EDIT: w8... I wrote a stupid typo... (I think... :blush: )

now is...

"macOS%20Install%20Data"

was...

"macOS Install Data"

try now -> attachicon.gifboot_v2905_v2.zip

ErmaC

boot_v2905_v2 helped me in updating 10.12.6 to 10.13.2 on QEMU/KVM. Pre 2905_v2 every boot ended up with  "ParseTagdate Unimplemented". However, I have noticed two problems:

- Running a 10.12.2 can't download 10.13.2 from Apple store. I have to update to 10.12.6 first before download starts.

- Shutting down 10.13.2 hangs the virtual machine. This is worse of these two since it leaves VMs running when they should be deleted. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 28/03/2018 at 2:38 PM, Hervé said:

I've noticed that my Haswell/HD 4600 Dell Latitude E6440 still can't fully boot High Sierra with r2905 or r2908. No problem booting all earlier OS X/macOS releases up to Sierra.

I am not getting any verbose at all  in SL up to Mountain Lion if using v2905  or v2908. im am just getting a blank screen untill the login appears. As if the verbose (-v) function does not work. All is OK in Mavericks to HS.

On April 15, 2018 at 3:00 AM, ellaosx said:

I am not getting any verbose at all  in SL up to Mountain Lion if using v2905  or v2908. im am just getting a blank screen untill the login appears. As if the verbose (-v) function does not work. All is OK in Mavericks to HS.

Same here; I only see the messages that come out up to the point of resolution switch, then screen goes dark for the rest of the time until the desktop appears.  Have the backend verbose messages been disabled? How do I get them back?

Booting an El Cap partition; testing latest Enoch in prep for a HS upgrade.  Also, when booting to a different El Cap (test) partition, machine shuts down 5-10 seconds after screen goes dark--no message preceding it to indicate why.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I'm struggling to get El Capitan installed/working consistently.

The most frustrating aspect of this is that VERBOSE booting in Enoch seems to have been removed or is broken.  Any word on that?  Why?  This doesn't make any sense to me.

At first I thought it was El Capitan that had removed support for verbose booting..  Then I started seeing people posting screenshots of El Capitan booting with verbose messages.  I was confused, I still thought it must be some other setting over-riding it or somehow preventing it or something.  Now I've discovered that others are experiencing the same things with Enoch so at least my mystery is solved.  But what I don't understand is how/why this happened, and even more so:   why it hasn't been fixed?!

It looks like someone has figured out when the problem started so I'll be able to install an earlier version and get back to diagnosing my problems with El Capitan without having having to reboot into another OS just to be able to look at the logs since I can't see those messages as it's booting.

El Capitan has quickly proved to be the most problematic version of MacOS to get working since my first hackintosh installing Leopard!

Trying to find a link to download a version which I hope will not prevent verbose booting messages was very convoluted and felt like a wild goose chase!

But I finally found one....   here!  (2902)  I guess we'll see in a few moments whether it does what I need or if I'll have to keep searching.

It would be nice if previous versions were a little easier to find!  (Maybe they are but I'm just not clever enough to find them?)

Especially when there is such a MAJOR bug or deficiency—or whatever you want to call it!  I mean, to me at least: being able to see the boot messages is CRUCIAL whenever there's a problem, or the potential for there to be one (after any update or change to the configuration/settings, etc.)   I'm still rather shocked and almost in disbelief that such an issue exists and hasn't been dealt with/fixed for SIX months!   I suppose it must mean that there aren't that many people using it...

Clover is not an option I am seriously considering because it takes 5 minutes or longer to even reach the boot screen on my motherboard!  I haven't been able to fix that; I assume it must be my motherboard.  Plus, El Capitan has the slowest boot times I've ever experienced in OS X since I started with Leopard.  8 minutes to reboot the computer (from when I select the reboot command until I'm back to a functional desktop) is simply absurd and unacceptable!

Edited by AuralArchitect
typo

10 hours ago, AuralArchitect said:

Trying to find a link to download a version which I hope will not prevent verbose booting messages was very convoluted and felt like a wild goose chase!

But I finally found one....   here!  (2902)  I guess we'll see in a few moments whether it does what I need or if I'll have to keep searching.

It would be nice if previous versions were a little easier to find!  (Maybe they are but I'm just not clever enough to find them?)

Especially when there is such a MAJOR bug or deficiency—or whatever you want to call it!  I mean, to me at least: being able to see the boot messages is CRUCIAL whenever there's a problem, or the potential for there to be one (after any update or change to the configuration/settings, etc.)   I'm still rather shocked and almost in disbelief that such an issue exists and hasn't been dealt with/fixed for SIX months!   I suppose it must mean that there aren't that many people using it...

Clover is not an option I am seriously considering because it takes 5 minutes or longer to even reach the boot screen on my motherboard!  I haven't been able to fix that; I assume it must be my motherboard.  Plus, El Capitan has the slowest boot times I've ever experienced in OS X since I started with Leopard.  8 minutes to reboot the computer (from when I select the reboot command until I'm back to a functional desktop) is simply absurd and unacceptable!

Hi,

I run into the exact same issue over the week-end, when I wanted to freshen up my USB install sticks for "Old" OS X version.

However, I would disagree on the fact that this is a major bug, since El Capitan and beyond are already 2.5 generations behind,..

Anyways, I can confirm there is a regression that has been introduced in 2902.

I have re-tried with 2889 (which I still had on my hard drive), and this solved the black screen issue.

2902 contains several required features for get proper High Sierra support.

We should most probably investigate what went wrong analyzing the diff.

Edited by MinusZwei

9 hours ago, MinusZwei said:

Hi,

I run into the exact same issue over the week-end, when I wanted to freshen up my USB install sticks for "Old" OS X version.

However, I would disagree on the fact that this is a major bug, since El Capitan and beyond are already 2.5 generations behind,..

Anyways, I can confirm there is a regression that has been introduced in 2902.

I have re-tried with 2889 (which I still had on my hard drive), and this solved the black screen issue.

2902 contains several required features for get proper High Sierra support.

We should most probably investigate what went wrong analyzing the diff.

Thank you so much for your response and a definitive answer on a version that doesn't black the screens!  I had discovered that 2902 was not going to do what I hoped...

Fair enough...  (about it being a major bug)   It just feels like a major bug because of the inconvenience it has incurred!  

That is very good to know; unfortunately I have not been able to find that version available for download  :(   I was attempting to compile various revisions from sources to test but I've been getting an error.  At least now I do not need to go through the "testing" procedure!  Someone in another thread was kind enough to post a link to an older version like 27xx, so if I am unable to resolve the compile errors I can use that!  I very much appreciate all you have shared; it is very insightful!

13 hours ago, Slice said:

Thank you!!!  I will definitely go through that list again!  I did some research previously and I believe that is one of the threads I found while I was attempting to resolve the issues; but I could be mistaken of course, and I could have missed something—or something may have been added or changed.  More likely that I missed something or didn't apply it correctly!   I very much appreciate your response and I will absolutely investigate and re-attempt to get clover working at a reasonable speed because it certainly has some very useful and helpful features!

Perhaps an additional download link of Enoch should be included in this thread for version 2889 specifying it for use on 10.11 and lower (in order to boot with verbose messages)?   That seems reasonable, and I think anyone trying to install the older versions of OS X (for whatever reason) would find that extremely helpful.

14 hours ago, AuralArchitect said:

Perhaps an additional download link of Enoch should be included in this thread for version 2889 specifying it for use on 10.11 and lower (in order to boot with verbose messages)?   That seems reasonable, and I think anyone trying to install the older versions of OS X (for whatever reason) would find that extremely helpful.

Too many versions.........since..

You may try to compile Enoch by yourself, quite easy.

1. Install Xcode.

2. compile Enoch with any version you want.

svn co -r 2907 http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon/branches/ErmaC/Enoch
cd Enoch
make pkg

done.

Find boot here.

Enoch/sym/i386/boot

Enoch/sym/Enoch-rev.2907.pkg

• Like 1

So I did some experiments yesterday evening.

On my side:

- Official 2889 binaries works

- Official 2902 binaries does not.

I first suspect that it was related to the changes that I did for supporting the firmwarefeatures block (required for booting High Sierra)...

But, when compiling any version (even the last trunk state) myself using Xcode 9.4, I was not able to reproduce this issue.

• 1 month later...
================= Making all in libsa =================
	[MKDIR] /Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/obj/i386/libsa
	[CC] prf.c
	[CC] printf.c
	[CC] zalloc.c
	[CC] string.c
	[CC] strtol.c
	[CC] error.c
	[AS] setjmp.s
	[CC] qsort.c
In file included from qsort.c:59:
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:99:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
#if !__DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG
     ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/sys/cdefs.h:473:32: note: expanded from macro '__DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG'
#define __DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG   (defined(__STRICT_ANSI__) \
                                 ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:99:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/sys/cdefs.h:475:9: note: expanded from macro '__DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG'
                                && !defined(__GNUG__))
                                    ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:151:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/sys/cdefs.h:473:32: note: expanded from macro '__DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG'
                                 ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:151:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/sys/cdefs.h:475:9: note: expanded from macro '__DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG'
                                && !defined(__GNUG__))
                                    ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:164:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     ^
                                 ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:164:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
                                && !defined(__GNUG__))
                                    ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:184:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     ^
                                 ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:184:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
                                && !defined(__GNUG__))
                                    ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:190:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     ^
                                 ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:190:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
                                && !defined(__GNUG__))
                                    ^
10 errors generated.
make[3]: *** [/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/obj/i386/libsa/qsort.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Anyone knows how to solve the error with 10.13.6, Xcode 9.4.1, Enoch 2907 compiling things?

8 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

Anyone knows how to solve the error with 10.13.6, Xcode 9.4.1, Enoch 2907 compiling things?

Make.rules add to CFLAGS -Wno-expansion-to-defined

CFLAGS = $(CONFIG_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL) -g -Wmost -Werror

to:

CFLAGS = $(CONFIG_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL) -g -Wmost -Werror -Wno-expansion-to-defined

credits and info: https://github.com/darlinghq/darling/issues/204

ErmaC

13 hours ago, ErmaC said:

Make.rules add to CFLAGS -Wno-expansion-to-defined

Thanks. :yes:

KernelBooter_kexts
    KernelPm
    KernelLapicError
    KernelLapicVersion

These kernel patchers were updated to boot Mojave HFS+j partition fine here, installed with Mojave MBR HFS Firmware Check Patch cause of Mojave can only install as APFS with createinstallmedia method.

FYI.

Enoch2909boot+diff.zip

Enoch (r2909) [2018-07-16 07:12:35]
Logging started: 2018/07/15, 23:17:31
[ CPU INFO ]

Attempting to scan GPT boot volumes [biosdev=80h]:
	Attempting to scan FDISK boot volumes [biosdev=80h]:
Boot UUID of 'Mac1014db3'  (): 938D94D1-8043-3320-8E44-5624EBC06C6C
Kernel Cache ignored.
Loading kernel from: 'Mac1014db3' ()
Booting on macOS 10.14 (18A326h)

System Integrity Protection status: disabled (Custom Configuration).
CsrActiveConfig = 0x67 (101100111)

Configuration:
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Task for PID: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
Apple Internal: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: disabled
NVRAM Protections: disabled
Device configuration: enabled
BaseSystem Verification: enabled

[ KERNEL PATCHER START ]

Will patch for 18.0.0 kernel version compatible.

KernelBooter_kexts state:  enabled!
	KernelPm           state:  enabled!
	KernelLapicError   state:  enabled!
	KernelLapicVersion state:  enabled!
	KernelHaswell      state:  enabled!
	KernelcpuFamily    state:  enabled!
	KernelSSE3         state:  enabled!
	- Searching for booter extensions pattern:
	Found High Sierra, Mojave SIP pattern: patched!
	Found Mojave EXT pattern: patched!
	2 substitution(s) made.
	- Looking for Lapic panic call Start
	Found Mojave Lapic panic at 0x002D9CFC
	Lapic Error call removed.
	- Looking for Lapic Version panic call Start
	Found High Sierra Lapic Version panic at 0x002D8680
	Lapic Version call removed.
	- Patching kernel power management...
	Kernel power management patch 10.1x(data2) found and patched
	Kernel power management patch 10.12 DP1 found and patched
	Power Managment patch applied.
	No Haswell-ULT/-E Kernel patch applied for this CPU.
	- Looking for _cpuid_set_info _panic ...
	- will patch kernel for OSX 10.14 (from 10.7.4 and newer)
	switch statement patch location is 0x002BC4E8
	cpuid_family address: 0x00C471A0
	cpuid_model address: 0x00C4704D
	family mask: 0x0098ACA9 
	model mask: 0x0098AB4C

Kernel patcher: end!
Edited by crazybirdy
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Updated a new version (2921) see download topic  -->

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

Changelog:

- CsrConfig verbose display cosmetic change (Credits to MinusZwei)

- Recovery and Installer improvements (Credits to Micky1979)

- Added device-colors and CFBundleIdentifier (Credits to Pike R. Alpha)

- SMBIOS update (Credits to MinusZwei)

- Updated embedded FakeSMC and fix memory leak when FakeSMC Info plist is corrupted (Credits to MinusZwei)

- Fix for a regression affecting all OS X releases prior to 10.12 (Credits to MinusZwei)

- improvements (credits to: Micky1979)

- UUID NTFS rework and improvements (credits to: deek5)

- kernel patchers updated to boot Mojave (credits to: CrazyBirdy)

- Added Mojave Icons detection.

- Added Mojave Icons for default theme (Courtesy of BlackOsx)

Coming soon APFS support (Credits to MinusZwei) see topic here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/10/2018 at 10:48 PM, AuralArchitect said:

I'm struggling to get El Capitan installed/working consistently.

The most frustrating aspect of this is that VERBOSE booting in Enoch seems to have been removed or is broken.  Any word on that?  Why?  This doesn't make any sense to me.

At first I thought it was El Capitan that had removed support for verbose booting..  Then I started seeing people posting screenshots of El Capitan booting with verbose messages.  I was confused, I still thought it must be some other setting over-riding it or somehow preventing it or something.  Now I've discovered that others are experiencing the same things with Enoch so at least my mystery is solved.  But what I don't understand is how/why this happened, and even more so:   why it hasn't been fixed?!

It looks like someone has figured out when the problem started so I'll be able to install an earlier version and get back to diagnosing my problems with El Capitan without having having to reboot into another OS just to be able to look at the logs since I can't see those messages as it's booting.

El Capitan has quickly proved to be the most problematic version of MacOS to get working since my first hackintosh installing Leopard!

Newer version should fix your verbose issues...

I have drafted a fix that I tested with Mavericks installer.

Could you please give it a try and let me know if this is also working properly at your end ?