Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

In boot need write path to kernel )

ok I try flag 

thats work  :drool:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  So Iam going to chek if the OS X is open :lol:  :D

see the boot  :D  dont have Extra theme  :hysterical:

img_0015.jpg

img_0016.jpg

At the end  its Black screen and STOP  ^_^

Hi ! Try old cdboot from Chameleon-2.0-RC4 for EL Cap ! I fix this for test !  :D  :P 

attachicon.gifcdboot.zip

What's the problem ?? the actual cdboot is not good??  

Please try this one: cdboot.zip

can you and @chris1111 run this to see your nasm assembler version?

nasm -v 

mine is 

NASM version 2.11.06 compiled on Dec 15 2014

yours??

What's the problem ?? the actual cdboot is not good??  

Please try this one: attachicon.gifcdboot.zip

can you and @chris1111 run this to see your nasm assembler version?

Mine is  :)

I am try to build DVD and with the Enoch cdboot thats not work 

Now I try your cdboot

mine is 

NASM version 0.98.40 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 11) compiled on May 11 2015

I am try to build DVD and with the Enoch cdboot thats not work 

Now I try your cdboot

mine is 

NASM version 0.98.40 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 11) compiled on May 11 2015

Now I need to go, but Apple version is too old...

I'll see your answer later..

EDIT

it come from Enoch that is the same in Chameleon, just different assembler for me.

Anyway we must look at makefile also to see for particular flag in case is not working, but now no time...

Now I need to go, but Apple version is too old...

I'll see your answer later..

EDIT

it come from Enoch that is the same in Chameleon, just different assembler for me.

Anyway we must look at makefile also to see for particular flag in case is not working, but now no time...

Thats working  :thumbsup_anim:

thanks Mickey1979

Thanks to Bronya to for helping B)

I made new preboot.dmg and its work perfect with the cdboot you have posting

img_0017.jpg

Look of that with OS X Install DVD Chameleon  :thumbsup_anim:  :rofl:  B)

img_0018.jpg

• Like 4

tomorrow I'll test this, just imported:

================= Making all in KernelPatcher =================
	[MKDIR] /Users/Micky1979/Chameleon/trunk/obj/i386/modules/KernelPatcher
	[CC] kernel_patcher.c
	[CC] commpage_patch.c
	[CC] cpuid_patch.c
	[CC] lapic_patch.c
	[CC] power_managment_patch.c
	[CC] bootstrap_patch.c
	[CC] kext_patch.c
	[CC] xcpm_patch.c
	[LD] KernelPatcher.dylib 

latest source by xzeune, but looks like as an unfinished job (I hope I am wrong ⬅︎ :P), and not sure was originally made to compile on osx :poke:. Fingers crossed and go to bed :bye:

• Like 3

tomorrow I'll test this, just imported:

================= Making all in KernelPatcher =================
	[MKDIR] /Users/Micky1979/Chameleon/trunk/obj/i386/modules/KernelPatcher
	[CC] kernel_patcher.c
	[CC] commpage_patch.c
	[CC] cpuid_patch.c
	[CC] lapic_patch.c
	[CC] power_managment_patch.c
	[CC] bootstrap_patch.c
	[CC] kext_patch.c
	[CC] xcpm_patch.c
	[LD] KernelPatcher.dylib 

latest source by xzeune, but looks like as an unfinished job (I hope I am wrong ⬅︎ :P), and not sure was originally made to compile on osx :poke:. Fingers crossed and go to bed :bye:

Ok,

El Capitan not installed yet because I played with KernelPatcher....and is working again in Yosemite  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

cpuid_patch.c[56]: Attempting to patch 64bit kernel for unknown cpu
cpuid_patch.c[119]: Panic call removed.
commpage_patch.c: _commpage_stuff_routine patched.
lapic_patch.c[80]: lapic_init panic removed.
lapic_patch.c[137]: lapic_interrupt panic removed 

Since yesterday applied some casting and I suspect "printf" is not working (so I have using other to make test), "stdio.h" is there but later I have to look for something that cause the hang...

Need a "switch function" for 32 or 64 bit System.

I'm going to ask meklort if I can share the binary to test with you all (because my source code is really dirty to be published :wink_anim:), but now I go to dinner

Stay tuned! :lol:

• Like 4

Sorry but I really dont need kernel Patcher for El Capitan and Yosemite 

Bolt Install and post install  :angel:

Yes agreed, if we all are using Clover! :D

You don't have a HP Probook that need a Lapic patch? ...or a xcpm patch..or a power management patch..or inject kexts w/o leave /S/L/E untouched?

KernelPatcher has make my lappy working w/o use cpus=1, w/o patched kernel, w/o Clover (this is installed anyway in my EFI partition in UEFI mode since Clover is come out, but that is not the point here :) ).

As I said before I was ready to ask meklort the permission to share a compiled binary... but this seem work fine for me, but not for others.

so I started learning a little bit from here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/MachORuntime/

because if you want made a on the fly patch you need to know how do,  __TEXT(and is really intresting... but this require time)__text

I hope Bronya and ErmaC can make this fully working again, otherwise, for the future is better to use only Clover or buy a Quo motherboard....

My thoughts :)

• Like 1

Yes agreed, if we all are using Clover! :D

You don't have a HP Probook that need a Lapic patch? ...or a xcpm patch..or a power management patch..or inject kexts w/o leave /S/L/E untouched?

KernelPatcher has make my lappy working w/o use cpus=1, w/o patched kernel, w/o Clover (this is installed anyway in my EFI partition in UEFI mode since Clover is come out, but that is not the point here :) ).

As I said before I was ready to ask meklort the permission to share a compiled binary... but this seem work fine for me, but not for others.

so I started learning a little bit from here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/MachORuntime/

because if you want made a on the fly patch you need to know how do,  __TEXT(and is really intresting... but this require time)__text

I hope Bronya and ErmaC can make this fully working again, otherwise, for the future is better to use only Clover or buy a Quo motherboard....

My thoughts :)

Ok thanks very good explication  :)

Sorry it was not an explanation, but a question.

OSX check kext signature and allow it to load or not, but this does not happen at boot time. Reason why it is better not to make changes in SLE.
Then understanding how manipulate and adjust mach-o binary can make us able to deceive OSX.
When we are about to boot we decode the kernel or the prelinked kernel cache before call the init code (time to play :rofl: ). In the second case OSx not make big congratulations to run unsigned kexts already pre-linked to kernel (in fact running the kext cache you can remove kext-dev-mode flag safely).
For future updates and restrictions by Apple, in my opinion the bootloader must be able to patch the kernelcache, for this the kernel patcher will be closely necessary, or the game ends.
How to do this is another matter, we have to study :)  KernelPatcher module is/was a light year ahead us :hysterical:
  • Like 2

Hagar, never talk with him, but he has an unfeigned job about "the hystory of X86 part 1" ...maybe part 2 is now :)

.... I can't find a link atm... was intresting..

Ok,

El Capitan not installed yet because I played with KernelPatcher....and is working again in Yosemite :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

cpuid_patch.c[56]: Attempting to patch 64bit kernel for unknown cpucpuid_patch.c[119]: Panic call removed.commpage_patch.c: _commpage_stuff_routine patched.commpage_patch.c: _commpage_stuff_routine patched.commpage_patch.c: _commpage_stuff_routine patched.commpage_patch.c: _commpage_stuff_routine patched.commpage_patch.c: _commpage_stuff_routine patched.lapic_patch.c[80]: lapic_init panic removed.lapic_patch.c[137]: lapic_interrupt panic removed
Since yesterday applied some casting and I suspect "printf" is not working (so I have using other to make test), "stdio.h" is there but later I have to look for something that cause the hang...

Need a "switch function" for 32 or 64 bit System.

I'm going to ask meklort if I can share the binary to test with you all (because my source code is really dirty to be published :wink_anim:), but now I go to dinner

Stay tuned! :lol:

Does it support newer cpu? also, can you clean up the print log a little bit, kinda messy :)