What app are you missing?

108 posts in this topic

What about an iTunes alternative? I absolutely HATE the way it organizes my music for me, and it takes more processing power than it should on my older computer.

Any of you found something that comes close and isn't insanely buggy? If there is, I'd like to know.

Also, a good soulseek client that doesn't have 4 separate windows (like soulseex) would be awesome.

For the guy who doesn't like Safari or Firefox- Camino is my primary browser: lightweight, runs fast. Could use work on nifty plugins, but with support it'll get there.

As for a IM app, apparently Trillian Astra will be supported on the OSX too. I torrented the beta but I have yet to install a osx on my pc so I am not sure how it works, but on Windows it's pretty good with the obvious in-beta-bugs...

Check out Adium. :D

Apps that are priceless=VLC,Limewire,Print explosion deluxe,Fetch Ftp,Azureus

Shady programs=shapeshifter,safari(,that aim client with the furry guy)<-that went in my trash so fast

I wish i could get explorer again for mac.I used it when i had jaguar and it seems not as crappy as safari.when i first got osx i looked around for like 4 days with a hope of finding it LOL

Windows Live Mail Desktop.

So far, it is the best windows email client for multiple email accounts as well as perfect integration with hotmail accounts. Outlook Express is pretty good but WLMD is better. Unfortunately, the mail app with Vista does not work with hotmail (which is crazy) so on Vista, WLMD is the only real solution.

On OS X, OS X Mail will (most of the time) grab hotmail inboxes but does not reliably sync/mirror hotmail's inbox, sent items, deleted items and junk folder which WLMD (and outlook express) does perfectly. Thunderbird with the webmail plugin is about as good as OS X Mail, but in the same ways, falls way short.

A Key Gen.

Thinking of getting a cheap used PC mainly for that purpose. (and more seeders like PC users get.)

Also, a practical way to open Classic that isn't so slow it becomes not worth it.

• 1 month later...

The only apps that I truly miss are uTorrent, and Nero 7. I use Transmission and Toast 8, but both of them are not as powerful as the former mentioned apps.

The ONLY app I need is the Sony ICD-P28 software for my audio recorder. I do paranormal investigating (ala Ghost Hunters on SciFi) and I use that to record audio. The software is PC only and I have asked Sony, no go on a Mac version. It sucks I have to go to my pc, though next room over and takes like 5 seconds but I have to boot up, attach usb cable, pull the audio down, put it on my 2gig drive, then go back to my ibook and go from there. :thumbsup_anim: I even found software for a USB analog video capture device in Mac. Also audio recorders are so expensive for Macs, the one I found, and they are not the quality and amount of recording as my Sony. Oh well, one app windows has on me (and I am PowerPC can't do dual booting or parallels).

• 2 weeks later...

I miss:

- AutoGK, actually a collection of various apps but the simplicity is awsome.

- fulDC, kickass DC++ based client.

- renamer, no osx renamer compares to it.

- ID3-TagIt, I want an app that can convert folder structure into ID3 tags easily.

- Winamp, It really kicks Cog's ass.

- uTorrent, nuff said

- JCreator, Xcode is probably great but it seems way to complicated for me.

That's about it. Still I very rarely reboot into XP..

i need nero, thats the only {censored} thing that cannot be replaced by the crappy toast-{censored} - no mp3-trimming, no overburning - roxio sucks since years!

DragonBurn can overwritting.

I miss 2 small apps in MacOSX: G-Spot, that shows all the properties of any movie file;

Time Cnverter, an app that can convert any subtitle each in other and can synchronize it easely. Thanks for this aidful thread.