• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1324 replies to this topic

sinzim

sinzim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:I code (mostly high-level/abstraction), computer science student and general geek. I love OSX an...
I still don't think that wanting pay for work hours is wrong.. If it's a choice between not doing a project and working extra hours to make the ends meet or doing the project and accepting donations/payments it's up to the 'investors' how much it is worth to them ;)

I'm looking in to what I have to learn to get savvy on this kexthacking business, propably way over my head, but I want to learn :)

Alex Chin

Alex Chin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

correct. except osx86 is not a business.

<snip/>

yes, this is former fgt/regginsinep if you are wondering that...

regards,
funnybot

Now that all the dust has settled, money refunded, I have a question:

With your PMs to me, and comments regarding all the members here, as well as the pictures.. were you

a) Trying to provoke a rise out of me
;) Defame me
c) Belittle everybody
d) Make sure the project fails

What? I still haven't worked that one out to be honest. From what I can see, it's all of the above.

The reality of the situation, is right now, there is still no solution.
As an Engineer, I would say the project has failed.

You've stated you have no interest to see this succeed, you have a real Mac after using OSX86.
So whether this fails or succeeds, no difference to you.

So why all the disruptions. I'm curious, just answer me this one..

Regards,

Alex

funnybot

funnybot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Now that all the dust has settled, money refunded, I have a question:

With your PMs to me, and comments regarding all the members here, as well as the pictures.. were you

a) Trying to provoke a rise out of me
;) Defame me
c) Belittle everybody
d) Make sure the project fails

What? I still haven't worked that one out to be honest. From what I can see, it's all of the above.

The reality of the situation, is right now, there is still no solution.
As an Engineer, I would say the project has failed.

You've stated you have no interest to see this succeed, you have a real Mac after using OSX86.
So whether this fails or succeeds, no difference to you.

So why all the disruptions. I'm curious, just answer me this one..

Regards,

Alex

i dont do my stuff only out of personal wills. what i did here was for the spirit of the entire osx86 community, which has obviously gone downhill over time. i disapprove you acting like osx86 is a business. i do not care about donations or a test machine, i do not approve, however, that you act like its a product you're selling. your business is your business, this forum is not your business so don't try to make it look like the opposite. i also disapprove your disclosure of my PM's, they certainly were disconcerting but what happened should have happened in private, if i actually wanted to bring this to the public i'd have posted on the forums instead.

none of those reasons you posted are correct because:
1) i do not know you, i hate people who act full of themselves and then act like they're selling a product. again, that goes agains the entire osx86 "sprit".
2) defamation? why, it was just a PM you disclosed and gave birth to all of this...
3) belittle? nope... i'd love to see more hardware being supported by mac os x, even if i don't specifically own the hardware.
4) the project would be awesome if it worked... clearly you do not understand my point.

The osx86 community started up as a hobby, that meant people created stuff for it on their free time whenever they wanted to and then distributed it freely. again, it won't affect me personally if the project succeeds, but its painful to see a community that one day was welcoming and helpful becoming some sort of business where people try to actually sell a solution or at least act like what they are doing is a product. please re read my previous post carefully and try not to dodge it next time.

this is a summarized version of the above text if you did now read it all:

1) osx86 is not about making money, its about community.
2) osx86 is not a product, don't try and act like what you're doing is a product.
3) none of the reasons you posted are correct. please check post above.
4) people are not donating money to buy what you're acting like its your product, they are getting you a test machine, different stuff...
5) test machines are to test. test machines are not your product. you won't give the test machine to those 30 people who donated, they are looking for a bunch of files that may make it work. those files are what you call product.

6) again, i, unlike you, also act on stuff I'm not directly related to. I'm not related to the hardware you are trying to make it work. its not about the hardware. its about the community. this is not a job. if you do wish to continue the project then do it, just don't act like its your product and do it in your free time, whenever you feel like doing so, like everyone else who participated in the project.

7) a few years ago the channel #osx86 on irc.mofspeak.net was helpful to those willing to get os x working on their pc's. i was mildly knowledgeable about it so i helped people there. i spent countless hours there and made friends there i keep in touch with to this date. i actually was granted half operator privileges there for my help, but i lost it after losing access to a computer for almost a year, which made my nickname there unregister because of inactivity.

PS: i do not care about this project in specific, what i would like to see maintained is the spirit of this community i hope you understand that.

your question is answered. now please don't dodge my posts. you are not making a product.

edited to correct some english errors

sinzim

sinzim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:I code (mostly high-level/abstraction), computer science student and general geek. I love OSX an...
Could you please from now on try to keep this thread on-topic? I try to subscribe to this thread by e-mail hoping something good eventually will come out of it, but instead I am enduring a game of how many bans it will take to make kids grow up. Continue this in PM if you must, I hope nobody is interested in your flawed rhetoric and finger pointing, I for one is not. If you truly are interested in the community then start _contributing_ to it in a respectful manner so that something productive can come out of it. Thanks

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,319 posts
I have made up my mind: this topic is dying of a natural death, I don't see any further potential in it.
It isn't the fault of one or two people, it is just the way it is. There are basically two factions, who will never come to an agreement.
Hence I am going to close it.
Sorry people, I hope next time you do better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy