• This topic is locked This topic is locked
595 replies to this topic

killbot1000

killbot1000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Did you see something in my post saying "I know everything"?!?!?
The different between me and you is that you believe that existent of everything was creates just like that and nobody was create it, but since they couldn't just pop into being out of nothing or by chance, I do believe GOD create them all.
Oh, and I wish I know one percent of everything that's would satisfy me…

well...it seems like you "know" there's a god, you point to everything and say "look, god did this" as if you know it...But you dont, you dont know that god did all these things, there may have been something that did do it, but saying its god, and then saying that that god is personal (like a person) is assuming way to much, thats all. In this regard, I know that I am right. I'm not saying youre wrong, all I'm saying is that the reasoning that you are basing this belief on is flawed. Afterall, "knowledge" as it is usually defined means justified true belief. all I'm saying is that your justification isnt justfication at all, what you say may very well be true, but it doesnt make any logical sense...

yossicl

yossicl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

well...it seems like you "know" there's a god, you point to everything and say "look, god did this" as if you know it...But you dont, you dont know that god did all these things, there may have been something that did do it, but saying its god, and then saying that that god is personal (like a person) is assuming way to much, thats all. In this regard, I know that I am right. I'm not saying youre wrong, all I'm saying is that the reasoning that you are basing this belief on is flawed. Afterall, "knowledge" as it is usually defined means justified true belief. all I'm saying is that your justification isnt justfication at all, what you say may very well be true, but it doesnt make any logical sense...

Good processes to you, now you know there is creator that create everything and existent of everything was not creates just like that.

Who is God and what evidences teach us of his existence?

The definition of God is "master of all forces", " sustainer of power and ruler of all", as well as "giver of justice". God is an abstract being that has neither body, shape nor form, and cannot be known or grasped by the human mind.

More and more people in our generation argue that God doesn't really exist and that humans made Him all up. It also happens that people who do believe in God, sometimes go through phases in their lives when they come to a point where ask themselves "Does God really exist?"

Gods' existence does not depend on the way
we see things at a certain period of our lives

When we don't see God, and from our point of view don't see any evidence of his interaction with the world, we start to question our faith.
However, Gods' existence does not depend on the way we see things at a certain period of our lives, just as the fact that the earth is round doesn't change when we look around and see a flat surface.

What facts can stabilize our trust in the existence of God?

God is the creator of the universe and all life, this is the only way in which He can be defined in our mind. The evidence of the existence of God is found in the world He created. This is because any creation implies on its creator.
Creation is the strongest evidence of God's existence, as is it stated in Psalms (19:2): "The heavens tell of God's glory, and the sky declares his handiwork". Creation implies on the existence of God just as a product sold in a store implies on its' manufacturer.

"The heavens tell of God's glory, and the sky declares his handiwork"

A well-known story is told of the scientist Sir Isaac Newton. A few guests that had come to visit him, asked him about his opinion on the existence of God.
Isaac Newton did not answer their question. Instead, he took his guests to look at a model he had built of the Sun System. The model is built in such a way, that the earth and stars were spinning around the sun, and the moon was spinning around the earth.
"Who built this fabulous model?" the guests had asked.
"Nobody", Newton had answered to much of their surprise, "it was created by itself!".
The scientists replied: "You must be joking, since it is impossible that this incredibly orderly model was created by itself".

Isaac Newton said: "If you don't believe that this simple model was created by itself, how can you possibly believe that our sun system, which is many times greater and more complex that this model, was created by itself???"

Who built this fabulous model?

In the world we live in there are many, many laws of nature operating, such as the Law of gravitation or the Law of Conservation of Mass/Energy. Someone had to decide these laws!

Who decided that rain should fall in the winter and not the summer? Who decided that the sun should come out at daytime and the moon at night? Who decided that a pregnancy should last nine months? Who decided that when there is sunshine when it rains, a rainbow should appear?

Did these laws form by themselves or did someone decide upon them? Someone might say: "every law such as this was determined by its surrounding terms and physical laws!" We would then ask him: "but who determined the outside terms? Who decided on the physical laws that decide on other laws? If there is no God to decide upon the laws, then why are there constant laws, why is there an order?"

killbot1000

killbot1000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,232 posts
Do you listen to yourself? It's all circular logic, you dont make any sense, sorry...

yossicl

yossicl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Do you listen to yourself? It's all circular logic, you dont make any sense, sorry...

Pleas explain yourself.

killbot1000

killbot1000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Good processes to you, now you know there is creator that create everything and existent of everything was not creates just like that.

Who is God and what evidences teach us of his existence?

The definition of God is "master of all forces", " sustainer of power and ruler of all", as well as "giver of justice". God is an abstract being that has neither body, shape nor form, and cannot be known or grasped by the human mind.

More and more people in our generation argue that God doesn't really exist and that humans made Him all up. It also happens that people who do believe in God, sometimes go through phases in their lives when they come to a point where ask themselves "Does God really exist?"

When we don't see God, and from our point of view don't see any evidence of his interaction with the world, we start to question our faith.
However, Gods' existence does not depend on the way we see things at a certain period of our lives, just as the fact that the earth is round doesn't change when we look around and see a flat surface.

God is the creator of the universe and all life, this is the only way in which He can be defined in our mind. The evidence of the existence of God is found in the world He created. This is because any creation implies on its creator.
Creation is the strongest evidence of God's existence, as is it stated in Psalms (19:2): "The heavens tell of God's glory, and the sky declares his handiwork". Creation implies on the existence of God just as a product sold in a store implies on its' manufacturer.

"The heavens tell of God's glory, and the sky declares his handiwork"

A well-known story is told of the scientist Sir Isaac Newton. A few guests that had come to visit him, asked him about his opinion on the existence of God.
Isaac Newton did not answer their question. Instead, he took his guests to look at a model he had built of the Sun System. The model is built in such a way, that the earth and stars were spinning around the sun, and the moon was spinning around the earth.
"Nobody", Newton had answered to much of their surprise, "it was created by itself!".
The scientists replied: "You must be joking, since it is impossible that this incredibly orderly model was created by itself".

Isaac Newton said: "If you don't believe that this simple model was created by itself, how can you possibly believe that our sun system, which is many times greater and more complex that this model, was created by itself???"

In the world we live in there are many, many laws of nature operating, such as the Law of gravitation or the Law of Conservation of Mass/Energy. Someone had to decide these laws!

Who decided that rain should fall in the winter and not the summer? Who decided that the sun should come out at daytime and the moon at night? Who decided that a pregnancy should last nine months? Who decided that when there is sunshine when it rains, a rainbow should appear?

Did these laws form by themselves or did someone decide upon them? Someone might say: "every law such as this was determined by its surrounding terms and physical laws!" We would then ask him: "but who determined the outside terms? Who decided on the physical laws that decide on other laws? If there is no God to decide upon the laws, then why are there constant laws, why is there an order?"

God is an abstract being that has neither body, shape nor form, and cannot be known or grasped by the human mind. - This is an assumption, there is no way to know for sure that this is the case.

- Again, how do you know this, if you use the Bible as your source, you're going to have to find a credible document to back it up.

You point to the "fact" that god exists as proof for gods existance, then you quote the bible, as so many theists do, hoping that will prove to me that you're right, but you're talking to somebody who doesn't hold the bible in high regard, its not a part of my life, and I quite frankly could care less about it, you have to argue with a scientific mind on scientific terms, thats how you win an argument.

This is not a good explanation for the solar system for many reasons. One is that Newtons "laws" are being dis-proven year after year with the advent of quantum physics, the universe is actually a lot less orderly than we think, we find that when we go further and further down to the subatomic that things (atoms, electrons, etc.) don't behave in nearly the same way as we thought they did kind of like chaos within order, its really strange. Anyway, second, Isaac Newton's opinion does not count as proof, when he was doing his research, we knew next to nothing about how the universe works, and we still don't know a lot, but we are learning more every day, and scientifically it is possible to explain how our solar system got here, and the explanations make sense. And assuming these laws are valid, its quite POSSIBLE that nobody invented these laws, that these laws just happen to be the way our universe works...like a machine.

The simple fact that you are asking this question proves you know nothing about the subjects:

#1. It does rain in the summer, depending on where you live, I live in Seattle, and it rains plenty in the summer. And it is decided by ocean currents and atmospheric conditions that cause rain, not some divine creator waving "his" magic wand.

#2. This statement is really ridiculous the fact that we can see the sun makes it daytime, the fact that we see the moon at night is just the sun's light reflecting off the moon like a mirror. But if you meant it in terms of day and night, (ie - why isn't the sun shining on us at night?) then really you're just playing with words because when the sun shines on us, it IS daytime.

#3. Nobody "decided" that a pregnancy should last nine months, it's just our biology and how our body works. Elephants are pregnant for 18 months, whats your point?

#4. Nobody decided that when theres sun and rain together that it forms a rainbow. This is because the raindrops act like a prism breaking the light into the color spectrum, its not amazing, but its the way things are.

Finally, again, I don't know why these laws are the way they are, but I cant assume a god did it because I don't know...it just doesnt make any logical sense. It's like saying

A is caused by B, therefore A and B is caused by C

It is an invalid and unsound argument.

IT IS ONLY AN ORDER BECAUSE WE ARE PART OF THAT ORDER!!!!!!!!!!! I cant express that to you enough, the universe only seems orderly to us because we're part of that order, if we could see a universe that was different from ours, we would say its disorderly because we're not part of the order and it wouldn't make any sense.

When theists come up with these kind of arguments, I cant help but think that they have a screw missing in their brain or something to where they cant understand basic concepts of logic and science. ahh, it drives me crazy!!

quixos

quixos

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 943 posts
this thread has moved so far from the first post, i feel like submitting a pudding recipe.

god or lack of god, or who's god, can beat your gods {censored}, has nothing to do with what is going
on in israel or palestine. it is a political and sociological problem.

there really should be a dedicated thread for those who worry about the god thing. one of you
should start one, and rule it with an iron fist. ^_^

consolation

consolation

I am not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

this thread has moved so far from the first post, i feel like submitting a pudding recipe.

Apple Fool Recipe

Ingredients:
2 pounds tart apples -- peeled, cored and sliced
3/8 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar
7 1/2 ounces blackberries -- drained, canned unsweetened
5 ounces lowfat yogurt -- (unsweetened)

Directions:

Place apples, water and sugar in saucepan, cover and simmer gently until soft. Allow to cool. Meanwhile, puree the blackberries in a blender or food processor then sieve to remove pips.

Puree the apples, add to the blackberries, and fold in the yogurt.

Spoon into individual glass dishes and chill before serving.

This recipe for Apple Fool serves/makes 6

Edited by consolation, 30 January 2007 - 04:55 AM.

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

god or lack of god, or who's god, can beat your gods {censored}, has nothing to do with what is going
on in israel or palestine.

Ok, the Israel's are still killing the Palestinians at a rate of 1:10. All this while their president is being done for rape. lol.

killbot1000

killbot1000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,232 posts
Hehe, yeah, that's not gonna look good for the Israelis... oh well

yossicl

yossicl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Ok, the Israel's are still killing the Palestinians at a rate of 1:10. All this while their president is being done for rape. lol.

Correction... Now the Palestinians kills one the other at a rate of 20:20...

killbot1000

killbot1000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Nice try yossicl...

gwprod12

gwprod12

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,326 posts
Wouldnt that mean that for every 20 palestinians who are killed by a palestinian, 20 palestinians are killed also? :(

yossicl

yossicl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Nice try yossicl...

Just the facts mam...just the facts!

yossicl

yossicl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Wouldnt that mean that for every 20 palestinians who are killed by a palestinian, 20 palestinians are killed also? :(

Should they have to be the same?

Edited by yossicl, 31 January 2007 - 01:02 AM.

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • 2,300 posts

Firstly :2cents: what is that?
Secondly 20:20 = 1:1. Correction!

killbot1000

killbot1000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,232 posts
I love how yossicl is so solid in what he beleives...no room to give whatsoever, more people should be like that (sarcasm)

OryHara

OryHara

Mad as Hell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Interests:War is Peace.<br />Freedom is Slavery.<br />Ignorance is Strength.<br />...
I call {censored} on the entire subject.

http://www.infowars...._population.htm

Now go away, or I will taunt you a second time-ah.

DoubleSpeak CopyRitZ 2007 NWO
We didn't evolve from apes. We evolved from the genetic BOOBIE pool. Check out the Church of the Flying BOOBIE Pool!

yossicl

yossicl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Firstly ;) what is that?
Secondly 20:20 = 1:1. Correction!

Firstly 20 Hamas Palestinians kills 20 Fatah Palestinians people and vice versa…
Secondly 20:20 = 1:1?
Certainly not, 20 people still = 20 people! Only in the Arabs/ Palestinians culture 20 or 10,000 people = 1 human or even nothing.

killbot1000

killbot1000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,232 posts
Yossicl...its just that you were giving a ratio of 20:20 which in reality is a ratio of 1:1, if you understand anything about math, the 20:20 thing makes no sense. It makes more sense to say that the ratio is 1:1 and 400,000 (or whatever number it actually is) thousand total were killed.

gwprod12

gwprod12

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,326 posts
If you want to say that for every 1 fatah palestinians that the hamas palestinians kill, the fatah palestinians kill 1 hamas palestinian... I guess that would make sense

it's still nowhere near AcePlayer's statistic of 1 to 10.

We say 20/20 vision is perfect vision, because at 20 feet, the eye can see perfectly the letters designed to be seen at 20 feet. IIRC. 30/20 is far sightedness, 20/30 is near sightedness...

1:1 is a pretty harmless ratio. 1:10 is a very one-sided conflict. (though I personally doubt AcePlayer's statistic)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy