• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

gwprod12

gwprod12

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts
I dont see how that could get you arrested. You arent committing a "crime".

As far as I know, you cant go to jail for figuratively pissing in someone's cheerios
(though actually pissing in their cheerios would probably get you into trouble)

And costing someone business is a tort, not a crime.

Order2Chaos

Order2Chaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Travel... <br />France, die Niederlande, UK <br /><br />Alter VW <...
What's going on is a proprietary operating system is running on hardware it is not authorized to execute on , but ovecourse there are virtually no law enforcement officers out there who are going to understand what that means and even if they could grasp the concept I'm sure they have much more important and easier to prosecute crimes on their plate.

That being said , in my opinion what's being proposed here is in very poor taste and not something I , and hopefully most, as an adult would do regardless of the fact that no arrest would be involved.

Pleanty of people build kit car diablos and such , does that mean they should drive into a Lamborghini dealership and tell people there stupid for paying 150K+ for a real lambo when they could just shoe-horn some kind of V8 in an old Fiero and make it look like the real deal?

I know the analogy is not perfect , but it's the best I could think up. The person looking at the lambo is much like the person at the apple store , they don't care if there are other choices out there and it's best not to bother trying to enlighten them.

Remember , a fool and his money are soon parted , and this is never more true than in your local apple store :P It's best not to get in the way of the process.

sandmanfvrga

sandmanfvrga

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Well gwprod12, the only thing I could see them brining you in on is pirating. I mean if you have OSX86 in front of them, no different than Pirates Bay being raided. You could be arrested for possesion of pirated software. Now if you own an Intel Mac, then I think you could get by with it due to the fact you own a license to OSX Intel version.

gwprod12

gwprod12

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,326 posts
Has anyone (in the united states) ever been ARRESTED for software piracy? Maybe a group of people stamping out 10,000,000 copies of Windows for sale on the black market. But 1 copy of OSX? pfft.

http://www.usdoj.gov...e9/crm01852.htm

BIG EDIT: Software piracy is actually the production of unauthorized copies with intent to sell or make profit. What is technically being done here is "Copyright infringement". The reasoning behind not penalizing people criminally (even if it were possible), I think is that it would generate a LOT of bad will for a company (that goes for suing people too).

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • 2,300 posts
This topic is loosing it's funny side thanks to you guys.

phoenix3200 what's wrong with you? If you choose not to believe what max says that's completely up to you. I personally don't really care if its true or not. It doesn't shake my world either way. It's just a funny story. And that's enough.

So stop being a mood-damper please. All of you.
This was meant to be a fun topic. Not one about "can I or can i not get arrested".

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Somebody should try taking a regular desktop PC in with OS X, and ask for help. When they say it's a PC you tell them you dropped your powermac case and it broke, so you used a PC case. If they open it up just tell them that the PowerMac motherboard broke too so you bought a new one, realized that the CPU wouldn't run with it and bought an Intel CPU, etc etc etc. See how long you can go untill the tech guy comes to the conclusion that it was never a powermac with replaced components.

gwprod12

gwprod12

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,326 posts
That's a clever plan. Except, what you need to add is the "uh" factor.

Hi, my mac broke

That's a PC case.

Yah, my brother in law fixed my computer for me, he said it needed a new case.

The motherboard in here is an Intel motherboard

Is that good?

No, this is the Apple store.

Yes, this is a mac.

It's a PC.

Really? I thought it was a mac.

(turns it on)

See? Mac

No, this is an illegal mac clone.

Clone?

Yes, a clone.

I thought cloning only worked on frogs and sheep.

No, not a real clone. It's a fake clone of a real Macintosh computer.

Is that good?

No, it's bad.

Can you fix it?

No, I cant.

So it's okay?

No, it's broken

That's bad. Why cant you fix it?

Because it's not a mac.

Yes it is, see? (points to Mac OS)

Sir, this is the Apple store. What you've brought in is an illegal mac clone.

So I should go to the Illegal Apple Clone Store? Can they fix it?

etc and so forth.

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
Thread cleaned for unneeded political discussion. Keep it in Real Life, guys, or take it to the Thunderdome.

gwprod12 - Hilarious convo. I'd like to go to sit a hackintosh laptop next to a MacBook and play with the Apple speech app:

Hi, I'm a Mac.

...and I'm a Mac.

Wait a minute, you're not a Mac.

Sure I am - see? Aqua?

But you have an Intel motherboard!

So do you.

Good point. But I can do cool digital media things with the iLife suite.

Me too.

Well I can do Windows, spreadsheets...

...yeah, me too. We're the same, remember?

Oh yeah... so how much did you cost?

gwprod12

gwprod12

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,326 posts
I loverz my hackintosh.

I barely switch to windows anymore. Though the new flip4mac universal that was just released is HELLA slow.

martin1976

martin1976

Think Loco!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Thread cleaned for unneeded political discussion. Keep it in Real Life, guys, or take it to the Thunderdome.

gwprod12 - Hilarious convo. I'd like to go to sit a hackintosh laptop next to a MacBook and play with the Apple speech app:

Hi, I'm a Mac.

...and I'm a Mac.

Wait a minute, you're not a Mac.

Sure I am - see? Aqua?

But you have an Intel motherboard!

So do you.

Good point. But I can do cool digital media things with the iLife suite.

Me too.

Well I can do Windows, spreadsheets...

...yeah, me too. We're the same, remember?

Oh yeah... so how much did you cost?

:) :ihw_wow: :ihw_wow: :yoji: :hysterical: :hysterical:

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

I love it when people like you come on here and run their mouth and flame, really not knowing what you are saying. hah! :) I would gladly make me an OSX86 T shirt and go to an Apple store if I had one where I live. Why? To get the info to the Mac community and maybe hit Jobs in the pocket and MAYBE make him rethink the whole OSX on Macs only.

bwhsh8r, man you got to have bad luck. I have had no problems with iPods. Weird.

Yea its pritty abd, but the newer gen ipods seem to be much better.... the video 60 hasnt broken.... i am not sure if the shuffle is broken ne more, i didnt really take a look at it, but i havnt taken it in because my mon never uses it so she hasnt bothered yet. Oh, and get go pod, it unlocks your ipods firmware to make it louder, and thanks to you and AcePlayer for having my back with that guy, he just poped out of nowhere.... annoying... i hate flamers.

max

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • 2,300 posts
gwprod12 & Mash

:blink: jokes

Max, anytime dude. He was just some guy who probabily couldn't get OSX installed on his PC. And you're right he did pop out of no where. What really annoyed me was that the topic was becoming quiet funny. Then he droped an unwelcomed bombshell.

Anyway sorted :D

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

gwprod12 & Mash

;) jokes
Max, anytime dude. He was just some guy who probabily couldn't get OSX installed on his PC. And you're right he did pop out of no where. What really annoyed me was that the topic was becoming quiet funny. Then he droped an unwelcomed bombshell.

Anyway sorted :)

Yea man.... thats true... and not being able to get it installed is still no excuse, cause i cant get installed because it doesnt like my radeon xpress 200 chipset or my sata drive and that doesnt make me a {censored}, it just makes me osx86 less and as such i cant provide help in that thread... good topic tho... and thanks

max

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,900 posts
someone on the forum (cant remember who - sorry, whoever you are) suggested that if the only requirement of meeting the EULA on Mac OS X is that it must be installed 'on apple hardware', well what about installing it onto an iPod connected to a hackintosh laptop or desktop? technically you have installed it on apple branded hardware....

i wonder how that would stand up in court? :D

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

someone on the forum (cant remember who - sorry, whoever you are) suggested that if the only requirement of meeting the EULA on Mac OS X is that it must be installed 'on apple hardware', well what about installing it onto an iPod connected to a hackintosh laptop or desktop? technically you have installed it on apple branded hardware....

i wonder how that would stand up in court? :idea:

Hmmmm.... ill have to read the eula but i think that that might just work.... hmm.... ill get back to you on that...

max

another_earthling

another_earthling

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I have an idea....I dont have an apple store here but can any of you guys make a video of going into an apple store with a hackintosh or wearing a OSX86 tshirt? We can put it on you tube and just might be the most popular online video. I mean such stupid videos are comming up on yahoo homepage for being popular like those golden fishes dancing and all that stupid stuff.
We can put the video on youtube...all of us will enjoy...

Oh and wait I always had this idea of an advertisement for OSX86....

A MACBOOK $599

AN iMAC WITH INBUILT iSIGHT $1299

MACBOOK PRO WITH A GORGEOUS SCREEN $1999

THE LOOK ON AN APPLE EMPLOYEES FACE AFTER SEEING OSX ON A NON-MAC HARDWARE.......PRICELESS

THERE ARE SOMETHINGS MONEY CANT BUY.....FOR EVERYTHING ELSE THERE IS MASTERCARD......

BUT THEN WHY USE IT WHEN YOU CAN GET THE MAC EXPEREINCE FOR FREE!

we can make the advertisement and we can use the video of the apple store when the part "LOOK ON AN APPLE EMPLOYEES FACE AFTER SEEING OSX ON A NON-MAC HARDWARE" comes up. Cool idea huh?
And oh yea....it would be a good idea to have a hidden camera..just to be safe. Tell me what do u think

Earthling

Apple Freak

Apple Freak

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
We the people of OSX86 should sell T-Shirt that says
"OSX86 ROCKS" in front and on the back, it should say
"InsanelyMac.com"

We really should

aboldinu

aboldinu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
But would you really wear that?

Conroe Mac

Conroe Mac

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Interests:Beer, fast cars/women, and kicking babies.
What if you put the internals of mac laptop into a generic laptop case.... I would think there is no culpability there.

rogabean

rogabean

My Mac wants you!

• Retired Developers
  • 863 posts
This thread's got some humor... I will give it that.

It's also got some anger and malice though that I am sad to see around here.

What's with the hatred of Apple?

I don't love Apple. I don't hate Apple. I like products. I like Apple products. The company I am indifferent to.

My point is guys... creating ill will with Apple with pranks like this... further alienates us.

I'll shut up now.

Mash... I want to see that skit done up on youtube! Brilliant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy