Information on VESA modes in ATI&NVIDIA bios

DieBuche

261 posts in this topic

I tried the same method of Hackintosh2000 no results on am Asus Geforce GTS 450 :(

Is there anyway to solve the problem?

The only thing that is working for my card is to edit the bios with nibitor 6.0.6 and use the option "Non-Native Panel Control" this make the bios 1:1 display,

so I can see the apple unstretched at boot and the height (1080) is display fine but width 1920 it is half displayed cause I got two big black borders on both side

that I'd like to avoid.

Someone can help please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please any progress with fermi cards on this. Will make a donation to whom can help about this

The question about resolution tables in Ati, Nvidia and Intel BIOSes was investigated in details by Clover's developers. Almost on all cards we can obtain desired resolution. It is much more complex procedure then said in this topic. Welcome to use Clover!

About Chameleon I can say that current codes are far from solution. They may work on some old configuration but can't be adopted easily for more recent computers.

I'm using clover at the moment with a Nvidia 480 gtx, have set the resolution to 1920x1080x32 in the clover theme settings (can't remember the file name off the top of my head) and have graphics enabler set to yes in the main config file (again can't remember file names off the top of my head, only just started using clover) but I'm still left with a 1280 x 1024 mess.

Looking in the boot log I can see clover trying for 1920 but I'm getting an error saying something about it not existing (in VESA tables), so it looks like I'm going to have to hard flash the card to add 1920 x 1080 to the VESA tables if I want to fix this.

I'm using clover at the moment with a Nvidia 480 gtx, have set the resolution to 1920x1080x32 in the clover theme settings (can't remember the file name off the top of my head) and have graphics enabler set to yes in the main config file (again can't remember file names off the top of my head, only just started using clover) but I'm still left with a 1280 x 1024 mess.

Looking in the boot log I can see clover trying for 1920 but I'm getting an error saying something about it not existing (in VESA tables), so it looks like I'm going to have to hard flash the card to add 1920 x 1080 to the VESA tables if I want to fix this.

If your give me report by DarwinDumper I can help you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all...

I'm trying to md my bios to insert the 1366x768x32 (or alternatively 1280x760x32 which are supported in chameleon)

I've tried but without success...

This is my bios (the vga model is in signature)

VGABIOS.ROM.zip

The output from AnalyseVBIOS is

Attempting to open /Users/matteo/Desktop/VGABIOS.ROM
Length:65024
Found 1. possible NVIDIA Mode at 0x7b5b(Decimal:31579)
  Empty Table at 0x7c7b(Decimal:31867)
  Empty Table at 0x7cfb(Decimal:31995)
  Empty Table at 0x7d3b(Decimal:32059)
Correct number of finds
Mod should be working
Rupert:~ matteo$

• 4 months later...

I believe it doesn't work on modern nvidia cards.

I tried inserting a mode into an empty table, tried patching an existing table, and even tried replacing an entire existing table . Nothing worked. 

The only way I got native boot resolution was using clover's vbios patcher.

I believe it doesn't work on modern nvidia cards.

I tried inserting a mode into an empty table, tried patching an existing table, and even tried replacing an entire existing table . Nothing worked. 

The only way I got native boot resolution was using clover's vbios patcher.

I think so, too.
My GTX 560Ti did not work in 1920x1080 mode, too.

It is a wonderful topic for ATI users, but I don't know if it would be able to help also to modern NVIDIA card users.

• 1 month later...

need a VESA Patch for my eVGA GTX 570 SC HD in 1920x1080x32 :/

Can anybody help me? Thanks ;)

Its not that easy with nvidia cards. I would recommend using clover's vbios patcher.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask you an help! :)

Attached you will find the vbios of my Ati Sapphire X550 PCI-e board.

I tried and re-tried for over 4 hours to find the vga table/Vesa modes inside it (in bases on the information collected in this thread) but without luck.

I also have some problem with the tool provided in this thread AnalyseVBIOS2 (but I recompiled and used it with Ubuntu), it shows me only the "lenght" field.

Somebody please can help me?

Thank you very much!

Best regards!

SapphireX550.rom.rar

• 1 month later...

Hi all...

I'm trying to md my bios to insert the 1366x768x32 (or alternatively 1280x760x32 which are supported in chameleon)

I've tried but without success...

This is my bios (the vga model is in signature)

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif VGABIOS.ROM.zip

The output from AnalyseVBIOS is

Attempting to open /Users/matteo/Desktop/VGABIOS.ROM
Length:65024
Found 1. possible NVIDIA Mode at 0x7b5b(Decimal:31579)
   Empty Table at 0x7c7b(Decimal:31867)
   Empty Table at 0x7cfb(Decimal:31995)
   Empty Table at 0x7d3b(Decimal:32059)
Correct number of finds
Mod should be working
Rupert:~ matteo$

Hi guys, there is someone can help me?

The info above are still the same.

• 8 months later...

anybody know how to get native boot resolution on an r9 280x clover bootloader running 10.9.4? This command doesn't work for the card and I've manually located the resolution and flashed it but I still get low res stretched boot. Frustrating...

• 1 month later...

I tried it and it works/dont work for me. 

I flashed my Graphic BIOS, I get rid of those black Bars around the Screen so everything is Fullscreen now. I changed my VESA Table too, 1280x1024 (highest available VESA Entry) to 1920x1080. But Clover and the Bootscreen are displayced ans stretched. Clover is at 1920x1080. I link you to my Thread with Pictures, so maybe someone can help me.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300181-full-resolution-at-clover/