• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Haddocks

Haddocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Right, I got my AR5BXB72 and installed it.

At first glance all is working, its detected and shown with all details in System profiler.

But thats all it does, it wont detect my network.

Any clues??

It has 3 points to connect the aerial - Ive tried all 3 - but which one is correct.

Any help appreciated.

agentofkaos

agentofkaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
OK, I can confirm that I have a B202 with the Jmicron jmc250 ethernet chip. There is currently no support for this in Mac OS X or the osx86 community as far as I can tell.

Also I have tested the Apple USB>Ethernet dongle and it works great. I managed to hang the machine by pulling it out while active, but I kind of expected that.

Over and out

Kaos

FireSokar

FireSokar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have followed your tutorial however your graphics fix in the package causes a gray screen, Im using the b202 w/ DVI to VGA Adapter and it is a gray screen on 10.6.3 combined update. The only work around is to use the default video res and not install the graphics fix, I have tried the 27ae command from kexts.com and it does the exact same thing returning it is a unknown file but it still may work. However it presents the same screen. Can you please look into this / offer up a fix.

antoniox86

antoniox86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hi. today apple release 10.6.4 uptade. Can i upgrade with this on my eeebox 202 full working 10.6.3.?

Organgrinder

Organgrinder

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thinking about getting an eee just to try this out might be cool to have a little netbook running mac :P

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Hi. today apple release 10.6.4 uptade. Can i upgrade with this on my eeebox 202 full working 10.6.3.?

as i wrote you in my pm, no you cannot update. i have to build a new installer package with modded kernel and kexts...

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

as i wrote you in my pm, no you cannot update. i have to build a new installer package with modded kernel and kexts...

hi daniel,

would it be very usefull to make a new installer?
My system is still working perfect. I don't see realy big benefits untill now.
In my case i'll just wait what you do. For me it doesn't have Amy prior use.

Again thanks for this great manual!

RB

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

hi daniel,

would it be very usefull to make a new installer?
My system is still working perfect. I don't see realy big benefits untill now.
In my case i'll just wait what you do. For me it doesn't have Amy prior use.

Again thanks for this great manual!

RB

i mean a installer for my patches (run the 10.6.4 update, don't restart, run my installer, finish). you won't have to install everything new.

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

i mean a installer for my patches (run the 10.6.4 update, don't restart, run my installer, finish). you won't have to install everything new.

Hi Daniel,

Wich installer do you mean? I don't see a installer link anywhere?

Thanks,
Rollende_Babba

leu

leu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Installed 10.6.4, run old installer all ok except Intel GMA Graphic card, anyone know how to fix????

boder

boder

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for the guide it worked great.
All up & running now except sound out of the optical spdif connector.
I'm running it as a htpc using xbmc & so surround sound out would be nice. Has anyone got any ideas or links to info for fixing this?

antoniox86

antoniox86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
News about installer for 10.4.6?
Thanks.

antoniox86

antoniox86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hi. I wait for 10.6.4 patch installer. There Are news about this?? Thanks.

surroundfan

surroundfan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Installed 10.6.4, run old installer all ok except Intel GMA Graphic card, anyone know how to fix????

I ran into the same issue with my 1920x1200 monitor showing 1024x768. My fix for my 27AE GMA950:

1. Get the package of Kexts from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?iunzv1adjyz

2. Unzip

3. Remove the underscores from the front of the two Intel file names.

4. Install the four kexts using http://web.mac.com/v.....Helper b7.zip

Everything else works fine though (although I have the new model so had to swap wireless cards, and the ethernet's still knackered)...

cyclone76

cyclone76

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I ran into the same issue with my 1920x1200 monitor showing 1024x768. My fix for my 27AE GMA950:

1. Get the package of Kexts from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?iunzv1adjyz

2. Unzip

3. Remove the underscores from the front of the two Intel file names.

4. Install the four kexts using http://web.mac.com/v.....Helper b7.zip

Everything else works fine though (although I have the new model so had to swap wireless cards, and the ethernet's still knackered)...

Thank you surroundfan! the above procedure works fine.

What I did: after installing the 10.6.4 update, the 10.6.3 installer patch was applied. I then installed the above kexts and the EEE Box runs fine..

Casing

Casing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, to all!

I read this guide and install Mac on my EeeBox PC and it's work fine! But after flashing BIOS windows seven don't start and show BSOD screen. I need dual boot with Mac and Windows on EeeBox. Do you know how to fix this problem?

Many thanks to all!

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english

antoniox86

antoniox86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hello. Using a long-EeeBox with 10.6.3. I have not updated to 10.6.4 because it looks a pach on purpose. Let me know if you can get a list of all the kext to picked up individually by kext.com and have the computer updated with each new release. Thanks

dutchiesmokah

dutchiesmokah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Upgraded to 10.6.4 with new kext files but somehow graphics are very slow, I have the feeling that CI/QE is not working properly :) Did anybody tried out the following solution for graphics fix?

TweakEn

TweakEn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I plan on buying the eee Box EB1012 model. Any chance this will work, or am I gonna need new patches w/ the hardware differences?

roxbux

roxbux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone. I wanted to thank DanielFo for the excellent guide. I have just one little problem. I can't delete the dual monitor. How do you? a little help? Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy