[GUIDE] Eeebox B202 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.5 Retail

DanielFo

211 posts in this topic

You can restore your Mac OS X Installation DVD to a SDHC card or memory stick and install Chameleon Boot Loader on that drive with my kernel and extensions. I will try to make a Package for these steps.

Thanks again for the advice and quick reply. Will look forward to your package in the near future I hope ;-)

You are the MAN! Thanks for the super fast usb installer package update bro! I hope to get this installed tomorrow!!!

How do I install it to the USB Drive? I assume its a standard Chameleon install package?

Yes, like Chameleon install package but including the patched kernel and required extensions and some other stuff. Just open the package, select the usb drive and install it after you restored your Install DVD to it.

Hi,

Does any one know if USB ports are working as on a normal Mac? Would I for instance be able to use a Elgato TV tuner with this installation? How big does the USB stick need to be for the USB stick installation?

Thx,

Mikael

Hi,

Does any one know if USB ports are working as on a normal Mac? Would I for instance be able to use a Elgato TV tuner with this installation? How big does the USB stick need to be for the USB stick installation?

Thx,

Mikael

Yes, the USB ports works as on a normal Mac. I tried the installation with a 8GB SDHC card and it was big enough.

Hi there,

My machine was working fine this morning but now when i try to boot up the machine, i get a grey screen after seeing the apple logo.. tried using your boot CD but that didn't work either.. and suggestion would be much appreciated.

EDIT: finally got it booted up after about 5 times.. soo strange.. BTW.. my CPU is still shown as unknown.. is that normal?

Hi there,

My machine was working fine this morning but now when i try to boot up the machine, i get a grey screen after seeing the apple logo.. tried using your boot CD but that didn't work either.. and suggestion would be much appreciated.

EDIT: finally got it booted up after about 5 times.. soo strange.. BTW.. my CPU is still shown as unknown.. is that normal?

Unknown is normal but the boot behavior not. Do you use a DVI-to-VGA adapter? Which installation method did you choose? Can you copy and paste your system.log here?

Everything is running!!! Thanks! It were 2 weeks of tweaking but finally its working except lan and wifi.

I used your link for wifi without succes, and LAN isn't working also.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

It says i have a Jmicron ethernet adapter

and à Atheros network controller.

Everything is running!!! Thanks! It were 2 weeks of tweaking but finally its working except lan and wifi.

I used your link for wifi without succes, and LAN isn't working also.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

It says i have a Jmicron ethernet adapter

and � Atheros network controller.

Are you sure that you have an EeeBox B202? I didn't know that they built different hardware in it.

Unknown is normal but the boot behavior not. Do you use a DVI-to-VGA adapter? Which installation method did you choose? Can you copy and paste your system.log here?

I followed your installation method. I am using a DVI-to-VGA adapter.... this grey screen only seems to happen when i disconnect my ext. dvd drive from the eeebox

here's the log file:

Dec 5 11:10:07 localhost configd[14]: network configuration changed.

Dec 5 11:10:07 MacBook configd[14]: setting hostname to "MacBook.local"

Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook bootlog[43]: BOOT_TIME: 1260029383 0

Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook DumpPanic[40]: Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options

Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook com.apple.DumpPanic[40]: 2009-12-05 11:10:13.482 DumpPanic[40:107] Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options

Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.DumpPanic[40]): Exited with exit code: 1

Daniel, Big big big thank you. Im fully up and running. Your instructions and packages couldn't be easier to use.

1) Reformat and repartition your USB pen drive to 1 partition mac os extended journaled GUID

2) Resotre snow leopard dmg to usb pen drive and install bootcd loader image for usb provided by daniel.

3) Boot and select pen drive

4) Load installer - format Hard drive to GUID 1 partition mac os journaled.

5) Install

6) Reboot and select internal Hd

7) do combo update to 10.6.2

8) Reboot and select internal hd

9) run drivers package

10) reboot

11) Enjoy

Thanks again mate! Perfect lil machine! full 1080p action!

I followed your installation method. I am using a DVI-to-VGA adapter.... this grey screen only seems to happen when i disconnect my ext. dvd drive from the eeebox

here's the log file:

Dec 5 11:10:07 localhost configd[14]: network configuration changed.

Dec 5 11:10:07 MacBook configd[14]: setting hostname to "MacBook.local"

Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook bootlog[43]: BOOT_TIME: 1260029383 0

Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook DumpPanic[40]: Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options

Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook com.apple.DumpPanic[40]: 2009-12-05 11:10:13.482 DumpPanic[40:107] Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options

Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.DumpPanic[40]): Exited with exit code: 1

It seems that you aren't using my patched Bios or have some other Bios settings than me. This are my settings, all others are default:

Advanced:
JumperFree Config:
	AI Overclocking: [Profile]
	CPU Overclocking: [Level 3]
	Graphics Core Render Clock: [250 MHz]
CPU Config:
	Intel® C-STATE Tech: [Enabled]
Chipset:
	DRAM Frequency: [533 MHz]
Power:
ACPI 2.0 Support: [Enabled]
Tools:
Express Gate: [Disabled]

is it possible to boot without usb or boot cd (like msi wind u100)?

Daniel, Big big big thank you. Im fully up and running. Your instructions and packages couldn't be easier to use.

1) Reformat and repartition your USB pen drive to 1 partition mac os extended journaled GUID

2) Resotre snow leopard dmg to usb pen drive and install bootcd loader image for usb provided by daniel.

3) Boot and select pen drive

4) Load installer - format Hard drive to GUID 1 partition mac os journaled.

5) Install

6) Reboot and select internal Hd

7) do combo update to 10.6.2

8) Reboot and select internal hd

9) run drivers package

10) reboot

11) Enjoy

Thanks again mate! Perfect lil machine! full 1080p action!

Hi,

I would like to know if it possible to use without usb stick or cd boot ?

if it possible, is it possible to put boot to usb key only with snow leopard ?

Regards,

Hi,

Regards,

I used the USB boot package given by Daniel. Once Snow Leopard has been restored to the pen drive, you must run this installer script that will make your USB drive bootable on your B202. Keep in mind that you must first have upgraded to Daniel's improved BIOS ROM. Once you have installed the USB bootCD script everything will be kosher.

Hi,

Regards,

And you need the boot cd or usb stick only for installation (until you install my driver package).

After trying several driver packs for my lan and wifi i now have to install everything over.

But in the bios it displayed a jmicron lan....

That gave kernel panics. So i think this isn't going to work unfortunaly.

Also when read all topics about this issue i think there isn't any hope. :)

Sorry, you are right. There are different types of B202 available. I have a Realtek RTL8111C Ethernet adapter. I will add this information to my guide...

Thanks for your help!

Ok no problem, i think i just need to buy a wireless USB network adapter, wich one should you advice me?

Or you replace the inside wlan adapter like me. It isn't that difficult. There is a list of working adapters at the end of my guide.

Or you replace the inside wlan adapter like me. It isn't that difficult. There is a list of working adapters at the end of my guide.

Where do I put in the minipci card in the eeebox?

If i open it I only see the memory bank.

I bought this one: Broadcom BCM94321MC (802.11n, 300MB)

Hopefully this will work. I'll let you know.

alright, installed. But nothing to setup and any connection. Do i need à airportupdate or something to get it work?

I have this one; - Broadcom BCM94321MC

Delete your kext cache (in Terminal)

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

reboot and enable WLAN in your BIOS.