GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications

d00d

1,771 posts in this topic

New FakeSMC.kext with monitoring which works from /Extra/Extensions by Mozodojo

I compiled the latest source and fixed the plist of ite plugin in superiofamily to match our boards.newfakesmc_installed_in_EE.zip

just install the kexts in /Extra/Extensions and run pfix script or repair perms manually

Thanks for share your kexts. Am I need to delete any plugins in the SuperIOFamily's contents to match my x58a-ud3r or just copy whole folder to E/E? And does it support ATI HD5770 monitoring?

sorry
I'm on F12 though.

I reread what you wrote, and now understand that F13 beta changed things.

Thanks.

Do you mean:

21. (added 20100726) Add the following to com.apple.Boot.plist if you're using the C2RC5 (trunk revision 192 and newer) bootloader;

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>yes</string>

It's the very first thing i have done :(

Ok, then I would suggest going back to F12 for now.

After a lot of headaches and worries about my power management, i have decided to restart from the beginning but do a different method to dump and hack my F13M.

I finally succeed to get rid of the LPC and CST messages error in .log but still no turbo ratio 1112 though. But my geekbench score is as previously and it seems (despite the lack of turbo ratio 1112) i have the x22 multiplier comparing the old and new scores.

The cores temperatures under overclocking conditions are now the same than AsereBLN/F12.

My device LPC is different than post 1 item 9 though. I conclude all the troubles were about my old dsdt.

New Beta Bios for EX58-UD5 is out!

F13o

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441...atest-bios.html

I attached a newer Beta BIOS F13P from http://www.jzelectronic.de/

i hope this time they dont forget to count how many tables acpi has, and includes the missing zeros on rsdt: 13h was 100% vanilla speedstep if you add the the 4 lacking bytes. Lets hope so. (Less work for X.DI, me and people who has this strange hobby of analyzing hexes ;) )

Oh! And thanks for the updated news on bios!

do i get it right, that i dont need to edit any states in the DSDT if i use:

C2RC5 (trunk revision 192 and newer) bootloader

<string>yes</string>

does this work even for an overclocked system? so just overclock in bios as usual and than add the option above?

do i get it right, that i dont need to edit any states in the DSDT if i use:

C2RC5 (trunk revision 192 and newer) bootloader

<string>yes</string>

does this work even for an overclocked system? so just overclock in bios as usual and than add the option above?

yes thats the flag. I think it should work for overclocked, but im not sure.

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my EX58-UD5. As I have warranty yet, the shop where I bought the motherboard offered me to change EX58-UD5 to X58A-UD7 for $30, or wait 3 weeks or more for EX58-UD5.

My current config with EX58-UD5, is pretty good, as I haven't got any .kext in /S/L/E, as you can see in my signature:

Boot: Kabyl DSDT: d00d /E/E: FakeSMC, LegacyHDA, LegacyIntel82574L, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector /S/L/E: -

So I am in a really good configuration.

If I change to a X58A-UD7, Will I have any problem? and implies to install some kexts in /S/L/E? For example with sound, or whatever...

If I need install something in /S/L/E, I think I'll refuse the offer and wait.

Please, reply soon, as I need to reply the shop asap.

Cheers.

upgraded my ud5 to 10.6.5 successfully, I found I had to re-edit AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext info.plist as described in d00ds post 1, or my GTX-285 was stuck in first gear again all the time.

Jon

Well, I'm having some major problems after upgrading to 10.6.5.

10.6.4 ran very well on my hack, with DSDT modifications. I eventually upgraded to Chameleon RC5 629(?), could get Cstates, nice temps and all that good stuff.

Then I did 10.6.5. upgrade using Software Update. It installed fine, but did not reboot properly (I did run pfix before rebooting). After hard reset, it seemed to boot ok.

But now I am getting all kinds of problems trying to boot.

1) Sometimes, but rarely I can boot just fine. Sleep stopped working and I would have to reboot manually.

2) Regular boot: Often after the system boots it gets stuck with either a dimmed login screen / 2nd monitor blue screen or 1 monitor blue screen / 2nd showing SL login background. Mouse pointer moves on the "active" screen but I cannot change fields or use keyboard.

3) Single user mode: I tried booting into this, repairing disk with fsck, that did not help. Ran pfix there, no effect either.

4) Safe mode: When I try to boot into safe mode I often get "2.2.05 m168efe17" messages during verbose boot, the system boots very slowly and eventually gets stuck. Googling for this error(?) did not give me much info.

During the first few "successful" boots any youtube video play was stuttering. This with the dimmed login issue / single working screen made me think it was a video card problem. I replaced the video card with the same model card. Then I could boot a few times, but the same problems reoccurred (unable to boot, safe mode or standard mode).

I connected the drive to my macbook pro, ran DiskWarrior, this fixed some small permissions not much else. After placing the drive back into my unit it failed to boot again.

I tried to reinstall 10.6.5 from combo update (connected to macbook pro), this was impossible because the installer was complaining that it can't install update on a non Mac OS X drive! I've never seen this before.

I have Win7 dual boot (on another drive), this seems to work fine (I really never use it, except to check functionality of the system), which makes me think it is not a hardware issue.

So, at this point, I am completely lost. My system is unusable. I do have all backups but I would rather not have to do a complete reinstall.

Any suggestions how to proceed and debug these problems?

You can go for a EX58-UD5 dsdt.aml attached in 1st post in your extra for sure.
Only use a DSDT derived from your specific model of MB.

Well, I'm having some major problems after upgrading to 10.6.5.

10.6.4 ran very well on my hack, with DSDT modifications. I eventually upgraded to Chameleon RC5 629(?), could get Cstates, nice temps and all that good stuff.

Then I did 10.6.5. upgrade using Software Update. It installed fine, but did not reboot properly (I did run pfix before rebooting). After hard reset, it seemed to boot ok.

But now I am getting all kinds of problems trying to boot.

1) Sometimes, but rarely I can boot just fine. Sleep stopped working and I would have to reboot manually.

2) Regular boot: Often after the system boots it gets stuck with either a dimmed login screen / 2nd monitor blue screen or 1 monitor blue screen / 2nd showing SL login background. Mouse pointer moves on the "active" screen but I cannot change fields or use keyboard.

3) Single user mode: I tried booting into this, repairing disk with fsck, that did not help. Ran pfix there, no effect either.

4) Safe mode: When I try to boot into safe mode I often get "2.2.05 m168efe17" messages during verbose boot, the system boots very slowly and eventually gets stuck. Googling for this error(?) did not give me much info.

During the first few "successful" boots any youtube video play was stuttering. This with the dimmed login issue / single working screen made me think it was a video card problem. I replaced the video card with the same model card. Then I could boot a few times, but the same problems reoccurred (unable to boot, safe mode or standard mode).

I connected the drive to my macbook pro, ran DiskWarrior, this fixed some small permissions not much else. After placing the drive back into my unit it failed to boot again.

I tried to reinstall 10.6.5 from combo update (connected to macbook pro), this was impossible because the installer was complaining that it can't install update on a non Mac OS X drive! I've never seen this before.

I have Win7 dual boot (on another drive), this seems to work fine (I really never use it, except to check functionality of the system), which makes me think it is not a hardware issue.

So, at this point, I am completely lost. My system is unusable. I do have all backups but I would rather not have to do a complete reinstall.

Any suggestions how to proceed and debug these problems?

Start with creating your own DSDT, instead of using an unknown one from kexts.com.

I'm not sure if you still need the BIOS for EX58-Extreme. Here is the F12 BIOS and related DSDT file.

dsdt.zipEX58EX.zip

thanks

Start with creating your own DSDT, instead of using an unknown one from kexts.com.

Actually, that's what I use, a DSDT I manually created following p.1 suggestions (my signature has an old link). And it worked so well with 10.6.4.

Couple of hours ago I managed to boot my system and it started even going to sleep on its own, something it has not done in while.

Quite baffling, given that I see no odd errors in the syslog.

Only use a DSDT derived from your specific model of MB.

thanks

Pernickety? :D UD5 and Extreme share the same BIOS, PCB and on-board hardware. In one word: identical. The massive cooler of the Extreme is not an issue.

Bye.