DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

Edit 3: We found the boot partition, and the code on it. This is just another EFI clone, but a lot smarter. That is to fool you (me in this case). What an {censored}s. They must have written this Linux program because they knew that people are going to check it. Smart, but not smart enough. Hello Visa... I'm glad that I did not pay for it with my own, personal Visa card. I mean with this kind of people... you'll never know.

This will most likely pop up in a few weeks from now, as the next great thing, and thus YOU ARE WARNED!

It was the emulation of SMC in the loader? Did not see an additional suspect kext in the system?

If you have a working example then how about just copying that code to your other box.

Ok. Worked with my P35C-DS3R. Thanks.

What about Apple keyboard fix? This is my EHC1 code:

Device (EHC1)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001D0007)
               Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
               {
                   0x0D, 
                   0x03
               })
               OperationRegion (PMCS, PCI_Config, 0x54, 0x02)
               Field (PMCS, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
               {
                       ,   15, 
                   PMES,   1
               }

OperationRegion (PWCR, PCI_Config, 0x62, 0x02)
               Field (PWCR, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
               {
                   URE2,   9
               }

Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Multiply (0x01FF, Arg0, URE2)
               }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x06)
                       {
                           "AAPL,clock-id", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x01
                           }, 

"device_type", 
                           Buffer (0x05)
                           {
                               "EHCI"
                           }, 

"device-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x3A, 0x29, 0x00, 0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

And I have this under Device (PWRB... :

Scope (_GPE)
       {
           Method (_L03, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC1, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
           }

Method (_L04, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC2, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
           }

Method (_L0C, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC3, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
           }

Method (_L0E, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC4, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
           }

Method (_L05, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC5, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
           }

Method (_L20, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC6, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
           }

Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               If (\_SB.PCI0.EHC1.PMES)
               {
                   Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.EHC1.PMES)
                   Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EHC1, 0x02)
                   Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
               }

If (\_SB.PCI0.EHC2.PMES)
               {
                   Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.EHC2.PMES)
                   Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EHC2, 0x02)
                   Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
               }

If (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.PMES)
               {
                   Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.HDEF.PMES)
                   Notify (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF, 0x02)
               }
           }

Method (_L02, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Store (Zero, SWGC)
               ShiftLeft (One, 0x0A, Local0)
               Store (0x02, Local2)
               Store (One, Local3)
               Store (Local3, Local4)
               While (LAnd (LNotEqual (Local4, Zero), LNotEqual (Local2, Zero)))
               {
                   Sleep (One)
                   Decrement (Local2)
                   And (GPSS, Local0, Local1)
                   If (LNotEqual (Local1, Local0))
                   {
                       Decrement (Local4)
                   }
                   Else
                   {
                       Store (Local3, Local4)
                   }
               }

And (GPSS, Local0, GPSS)
               Or (GPSE, Local0, GPSE)
           }

Method (_L0B, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PCIB, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
           }

Method (_L09, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.P0P9.PMES)
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.P0P2, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.P0P5, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.P0P6, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.P0P7, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.P0P8, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.P0P9, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PCI0.P0P4, 0x02)
               Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
           }
       }

Edit 3: We found the boot partition, and the code on it. This is just another EFI clone, but a lot smarter. That is to fool you (me in this case). What an {censored}s. They must have written this Linux program because they knew that people are going to check it. Smart, but not smart enough. Hello Visa... I'm glad that I did not pay for it with my own, personal Visa card. I mean with this kind of people... you'll never know.

This will most likely pop up in a few weeks from now, as the next great thing, and thus YOU ARE WARNED!

Thanks for sharing MC!

D

Ok. Worked with my P35C-DS3R. Thanks.

What about Apple keyboard fix? This is my EHC1 code:

You can find several working examples in this thread, if I recall correctly kdawg posted a nice looking dsdt for P35 just a few days ago. Use that as a model for EHCI.

mm67, just a quick question,

with your slimmed down version of your dsdt you recently posted are you noticing any video issues such as stuttering on playback? (not an irq hpet issue as I have the fixes)

I've experimented with slimming down my dsdt but have video issues but wake works from keyboard and mouse.

I've also left my dsdt intact with MC's EC additions and seems much more stable but wake from keyboard doesnt work for me with that edition.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Have a safe and happy holiday season everyone! Thanks for all the support during 09!

mm67, just a quick question,

with your slimmed down version of your dsdt you recently posted are you noticing any video issues such as stuttering on playback? (not an irq hpet issue as I have the fixes)

I've experimented with slimming down my dsdt but have video issues but wake works from keyboard and mouse.

I've also left my dsdt intact with MC's EC additions and seems much more stable but wake from keyboard doesnt work for me with that edition.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Have a safe and happy holiday season everyone! Thanks for all the support during 09!

No, I have never had any such issues. You are using onboard audio ? That seems to be the main difference with our systems. Maybe you could also try with some cheap usb audio board. I for example have never had one single KP unless I was experimenting with onboard audio.

Hi guys i have some questions. That DSDT ALC888 is address-0 or address-2? And when i replace my audio with it, i have some errors regarding to BUFA, BUFB and BUF0. This is my original audio:

Device (AZAL)
		 {
			 Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			 Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 Return (Package (0x02)
				 {
					 0x05, 
					 0x05
				 })
			 }
		 }

Name (BUFA, ResourceTemplate ()
		 {
			 IRQ (Level, ActiveLow, Shared, )
				 {3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,14,15}
		 })
		 Name (BUFB, ResourceTemplate ()
		 {
				 {}
		 })
		 CreateWordField (BUFB, One, IRQV)
		 Device (LNKA)
		 {
			 Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0F"))
			 Name (_UID, One)
			 Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 And (PIRA, 0x80, Local0)
				 If (LEqual (Local0, 0x80))
				 {
					 Return (0x09)
				 }
				 Else
				 {
					 Return (0x0B)
				 }
			 }

Method (_PRS, 0, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 Return (BUFA)
			 }

Method (_DIS, 0, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 Or (PIRA, 0x80, PIRA)
			 }

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 And (PIRA, 0x0F, Local0)
				 ShiftLeft (One, Local0, IRQV)
				 Return (BUFB)
			 }

Method (_SRS, 1, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 CreateWordField (Arg0, One, IRQ1)
				 FindSetRightBit (IRQ1, Local0)
				 Decrement (Local0)
				 Store (Local0, PIRA)
			 }
		 }

BTW: My motherboard is GA-EP31-DS3L.

Hi guys i have some questions. That DSDT ALC888 is address-0 or address-2? And when i replace my audio with it, i have some errors regarding to BUFA, BUFB and BUF0. This is my original audio:

Device (AZAL)
		 {
			 Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			 {
				 Return (Package (0x02)
				 {
					 0x05, 
					 0x05
				 })
			 }
		 }

Name (BUFA, ResourceTemplate ()
		 {
				 {3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,14,15}
		 })
		 Name (BUFB, ResourceTemplate ()
		 {
				 {}
		 })
		 CreateWordField (BUFB, One, IRQV)
		 Device (LNKA)
		 {
			 Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0F"))
			 Name (_UID, One)
			 Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 And (PIRA, 0x80, Local0)
				 If (LEqual (Local0, 0x80))
				 {
					 Return (0x09)
				 }
				 Else
				 {
					 Return (0x0B)
				 }
			 }

Method (_PRS, 0, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 Return (BUFA)
			 }

Method (_DIS, 0, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 Or (PIRA, 0x80, PIRA)
			 }

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 And (PIRA, 0x0F, Local0)
				 ShiftLeft (One, Local0, IRQV)
				 Return (BUFB)
			 }

Method (_SRS, 1, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 CreateWordField (Arg0, One, IRQ1)
				 FindSetRightBit (IRQ1, Local0)
				 Decrement (Local0)
				 Store (Local0, PIRA)
			 }
		 }

BTW: My motherboard is GA-EP31-DS3L.

This part is Hdef device, what comes after that has nothing to do with fixing audio.

Device (AZAL)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x05,
                        0x05
                    })
                }
            }

I just wanted to throw this out there for what it's worth. I know there's the ESB patch that fixes the orange drive icon problem. Against my better judgment I decided to try it because of all the people saying they've been using it for months with no problems. I applied the patch and ran some performance tests to see if there were no ill effects. Well it didn't perform any better or any worse but within 24 hours my 1.5TB drive that I've had less than a year is junk. Now, is this just coincidence… yeah probably but never the less I've reverted back to using IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector is basically a cosmetic patch and I'm not one to try and "eliminate every last kext in my Extras folder" like I hear a lot of people say. And I say it was against my better judgment because I have a ICH10 board and basically OS X supports it out of the box so why compromise my system when I don't have to for a purely cosmetic reason.

I just wanted to mention it and get people's take on it who might be using the ESB patch with no problems.

I just wanted to throw this out there for what it's worth. I know there's the ESB patch that fixes the orange drive icon problem. Against my better judgment I decided to try it because of all the people saying they've been using it for months with no problems. I applied the patch and ran some performance tests to see if there were no ill effects. Well it didn't perform any better or any worse but within 24 hours my 1.5TB drive that I've had less than a year is junk. Now, is this just coincidence… yeah probably but never the less I've reverted back to using IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector is basically a cosmetic patch and I'm not one to try and "eliminate every last kext in my Extras folder" like I hear a lot of people say. And I say it was against my better judgment because I have a ICH10 board and basically OS X supports it out of the box so why compromise my system when I don't have to for a purely cosmetic reason.

I just wanted to mention it and get people's take on it who might be using the ESB patch with no problems.

Same thing happened to me when I tried that patch some months ago, my whole system drive got corrupted after some days. I am still not sure if it was because of that patch but after removing it I have had no problems with hard disk corruption anymore.

Same thing happened to me when I tried that patch some months ago, my whole system drive got corrupted after some days. I am still not sure if it was because of that patch but after removing it I have had no problems with hard disk corruption anymore.
I wanted to smash my head with a hammer when it happened. Hard lesson learned. Was the drive junk after that? Mine seemed to be a mechanical failure. I had to throw it out.

I wanted to smash my head with a hammer when it happened. Hard lesson learned. Was the drive junk after that? Mine seemed to be a mechanical failure. I had to throw it out.

Nothing mechanical, just had to reformat the whole drive. No problems with that drive after removing the patch.

redid my dsdt from scratch, was getting some random freezes after 2 days of uptime :\ no panic output and nothing in logs either. anyway, i started from scratch and have everything (i think) but i noticed my p-states don't work, but c-states do, i see cpu going from 6x to 9x multiplier, and even voltages change, but method _pss also has 7x and 8x, maybe i missed something stupid?

dsdt.dsl.zip

No, I have never had any such issues. You are using onboard audio ? That seems to be the main difference with our systems. Maybe you could also try with some cheap usb audio board. I for example have never had one single KP unless I was experimenting with onboard audio.

My issues appear to relate to video as the video lags on playback. I have the appropriate TMR RTC HPET fixes in place and only happens on my most recent variants of my dsdt. I don't have speakers connected to my hack as its not my main rig but i do use headphones.

Yeah audio is a bit tricky and maybe the usb audio is the way to go....

I've attached three variations of my latest dsdt, the current in use appears to be the most stable whilst the others have some video playback issues.

I suspect the problem lies within the values in pci config under EHC1 and EHC2.

redid my dsdt from scratch, was getting some random freezes after 2 days of uptime :\ no panic output and nothing in logs either. anyway, i started from scratch and have everything (i think) but i noticed my p-states don't work, but c-states do, i see cpu going from 6x to 9x multiplier, and even voltages change, but method _pss also has 7x and 8x, maybe i missed something stupid?

xjasx, I have two variations of p-states in my dsdt's attached, you can use them to compare with yours but bear in mind that I have a Q9550 processor.

keeza_dsdt_.zip

Hi,

I have a similar board as iSoprano, GA-EP35-DS3L F6 BOIS as per my sig. I basically followed Blackos guide on making DSDT for my board. Then added the fixes found here. But then thought of giving iSoprano DSDT a try and you know what its working nearly perfect.

Ok this is the output of lspci:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31/P35/P31 Express DRAM Controller [8086:29c0] (rev 02)
00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31/P35/P31 Express PCI Express Root Port [8086:29c1] (rev 02)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:2937] (rev 02)
00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2938] (rev 02)
00:1a.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 [8086:2939] (rev 02)
00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:293c] (rev 02)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 02)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:2940] (rev 02)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 4 [8086:2946] (rev 02)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5 [8086:2948] (rev 02)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2934] (rev 02)
00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2935] (rev 02)
00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2936] (rev 02)
00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:293a] (rev 02)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge [8086:244e] (rev 92)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82801IB (ICH9) LPC Interface Controller [8086:2918] (rev 02)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 82801IB (ICH9) 4 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2923] (rev 02)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:2930] (rev 02)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation G80 [GeForce 8800 GTS] [10de:0193] (rev a2)
04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 01)

I do not know what is SMBus & EC is for?

and if i do

kextstat|grep SMBus

There was no output at all. So meaning that SMBus is not loading for me?

Currently i have these kexts in Extensions.mkext:

OSXRestart.kext

fakesmc.kext

LegacyHDA.kext &

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext.

Sleep(Auto/Manual),Restart & Shutdown works.

I have attached the DSDT file which im using now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards.

I figured it out, for some reason p-state calculator gave me lines like:

Package (0x06) { 2394, 53405, 10, 10, 0x923, 0x923 }

all I did was change the last 0x923 (different on all 4 lines) to Zero, One, 0x02, and 0x03, and now P-states are working again.

just had a weird bug, after force quitting a game, new applications wouldn't open :thumbsup_anim: system got real real sluggish.

My issues appear to relate to video as the video lags on playback. I have the appropriate TMR RTC HPET fixes in place and only happens on my most recent variants of my dsdt. I don't have speakers connected to my hack as its not my main rig but i do use headphones.

Yeah audio is a bit tricky and maybe the usb audio is the way to go....

I've attached three variations of my latest dsdt, the current in use appears to be the most stable whilst the others have some video playback issues.

I suspect the problem lies within the values in pci config under EHC1 and EHC2.

xjasx, I have two variations of p-states in my dsdt's attached, you can use them to compare with yours but bear in mind that I have a Q9550 processor.

I just did a little test and put back those irq's to IPIC and COPR devices. Makes no difference to video playback on my system. No stuttering at all, maybe it's your video player ? I use XBMC and MPlayer.

Hi,

I have a similar board as iSoprano, GA-EP35-DS3L F6 BOIS as per my sig. I basically followed Blackos guide on making DSDT for my board. Then added the fixes found here. But then thought of giving iSoprano DSDT a try and you know what its working nearly perfect.

If you are using iSopranos latest dsdt from the first page of this thread then you should fix devices EHC1 and EHC2. That dsdt has both the old and new fix for EHCI devices and that doesn't work.

Hey, thanks for that. I had that in my dsdt for awhile, but then removed it and went back to OAHCIBlockStorageInjector. I was wondering if I shouldn't just put that 'patch' back in, but now I am glad that I didn't.

I appreciate your sacrifice...

I just did a little test and put back those irq's to IPIC and COPR devices. Makes no difference to video playback on my system. No stuttering at all, maybe it's your video player ? I use XBMC and MPlayer.

If you are using iSopranos latest dsdt from the first page of this thread then you should fix devices EHC1 and EHC2. That dsdt has both the old and new fix for EHCI devices and that doesn't work.

mm67 i don't understand you. I am using iSoprano latest DSDT which is from update 6 the thing is SMBus isn't showing up when i do

kextstat|grep SMBus

when you say old and new fixes for EHCI what you mean by that?

Thanks.

Regards

mm67 i don't understand you. I am using iSoprano latest DSDT which is from update 6 the thing is SMBus isn't showing up when i do
kextstat|grep SMBus

when you say old and new fixes for EHCI what you mean by that?

Thanks.

Regards

Old patch was this:

"AAPL,clock-id", 
Buffer (One)
{
     0x01
}

Those have to be removed.

Hi Kdawg

I was wondering if you ever resolved your BT issue?

I have a similar but opposite problem. Normally both idle and software sleep have worked for me, however, with

the Magic Mouse and and Trust 2400p BT dongle, if I switch on 'wake from BT' then the computer tries to idle sleep,

powers down and wakes straight away.

If I turn the mouse off it will idle sleep no probs.

If I turn off 'wake from BT' it will idle sleep

Occasionally, once or twice a day after a couple of hours it will even idle sleep with 'wfBT' on - no pattern found yet

edit: The mouse sends BT traffic every ~ 0.12 s to the dongle, I'm assuming if the computer can sleep fast enough

between BT packets then it sleeps, if not it wakes. If this is configureable this may be a workaround?

I'm assuming this is either a bug in MM driver or something missing from the USB config in DSDT?

My DSDT reflects the UHCI & EHCI edits at the start of this thread

(I have i7, EX58-UD5 with bios f9m and full size apple usb keyboard which I use to wake the computer if I'm running

sleep mode with 'wfBT' off)

Dec 21 17:57:54 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: AFPSleepWakeHandler: going to sleep
Dec 21 17:57:55 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: System Sleep
Dec 21 19:00:38 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: Wake reason = UHC5
Dec 21 19:00:38 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: System Wake
Dec 21 19:00:38 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0
Dec 21 19:00:38 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: USB (UHCI):Port 1 on bus 0x3a has remote wakeup from some device
Dec 21 19:00:49 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: EIR is not supported.
Dec 21 19:00:49 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: [ffffff801b5d8c00][bNBMouseDevice::startMultitouch][30] ERROR: Invalid attempt to re-start multitouch handler

Ignore the EIR and following error, doesn't cause any problem. Reason is I'm using a BT 2.0 dongle and EIR is only 2.1

Software sleep is obviously unaffected and always works regardless of BT setting

steve

kDawg

As requested

steve

LocusOfControl.zip