DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

After some work I have wake from sleep working with my Apple Aluminum Keyboard (Wired). I still do not have wake from my bluetooth Mighty Mouse (usb bluetooth adapter). Does anyone have wake from sleep working with a bluetooth mouse?

Regards,

SMF

What bluetooth adapter do you have? Are you able to select the "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake computer" option?

Thanks again Duvel300, this new boot file works great for my system. And the new booter option makes it simpler to use. ;)

EDIT: Again, I have added Duvel300's v2.1 Restart Fix with Rekursor's system-id patch and compiled a revised boot file for the best of both.

Note: This modified boot file is no longer and original Chameleon file. If you have any issues using it (which you shouldn't), don't ask for help at the voodooprojects forum. Just revert back to your original boot file and see if the problem exists with that.

Hi fellows, i´ve tried to use the Chameleon2 RC4 + Rekursor´s system ID patch + Duvel300´s v2.1 RestartFix, that BlackOSX have compiled. But it didn´t works for me..

Talking to BlackOSX, I noted that he forgot to update some files needed to work of the PCiRoot patch (by Rekursor - pci_root.c, pci_root.o, Makefile ...)

So, i recompiled the Chameleon2 RC4 sources with Duvel300's v2.1 Restart Fix with Rekursor's SystemID and PCIRoot patches.

Now, either RestartFix and SystemID/PCIRoot patches works correctly..

Thanks Blackosx for idea.

Regards for all.

Thiago.

boot_Cham2RC4_recompiled_by_thiagom.zip

Hi fellows, i´ve tried to use the Chameleon2 RC4 + Rekursor´s system ID patch + Duvel300´s v2.1 RestartFix, that BlackOSX have compiled. But it didin´t works for me..

Thanks for spotting this issue thiago ;)

I will add a note to my previous posts to point here.

Thanks mm67 for pointing to kdawgs' file. I found the SATA data in the DSDT file but when I used that in my working DSDT file (#6 iSoprano's) SATA displays as Intel ICH10. With my working DSDT file SATA displays as Intel ESB2 AHCI.

Here's the SATA data from my working DSDT file:

Device (SATA)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x02)
                       {
                           "device-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

SATA data from kdawgs' DSDT for a GA-EP35-DS4 ICH9R Chipset

Device (SATA) //<--Renamed from IDE1 (removed IDE2)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x02)
                       {
                           "device-id", Buffer (0x04){0x22, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00},
                       }, Local0)
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

I deleted the below in a number of combinations with/without "AAPL,clock-id" but no luck... still had SATA display as Intel ICH10 Not sure I'm doing the right thing.

{
                   Store (Package (0x04)
                       {
                           "device-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x3C, 0x29, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x02
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   Return (Local0)
               }

Anyway Ethernet still shows as PCI cards with my working DSDT that's based on ( iSoprano's #6 ) so now I'm thinking it was always there and I didn't notice it.

Thanks!

You have a GA-EX38-DS4 mobo that has ICH9R which is not supported natively by OS X so I use the closest match that is supported that is ICH10. Yes you are doing the right thing. Don't use the ESB patch.

Well, I think I've ironed out the last of the issues I was having on this build.

~My random KPs on restart turned out to be related to VoodooMonitor.kext...

Removing it, I have not yet had the problem, whereas before, I got it about 1 out of 5 times.

~There was one last sound assertion error at boot, which I got rid of by deleting the BuiltInHDA section in my LegacyHDA kext

Everything seems to be working 100%. Must be time for a new build! :P

Got my DSDT slimmed down pretty well. Note to other Gigabyte UD3P owners: I commented out Scope (_SI), with no apparent ill affect.

If anyone is interested: Aargh's DSDT v4.2 for EP45-UD3P, Bios vF9.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here, especially mm67 and Master Chief.

I also want to thank mm67 for inspiring me for my next build. Santa must have thought I was really good this year, because he (OK, well she in this case :) ) brought me this new toy: MSI P55M-GD45

And, got the i7-860 in my stocking. :D

It helps that I promised my current machine to my wife, once I build my new one.

Is there anyone out there not using a legacyHDA.kext that also doesn't get sound insertion errors while using the vanilla AppleHDA.kext? I know it's possible to get reasonably good working sound with the vanilla kext and DSDT patch but you receive at least a couple errors.
Here is the HDEF solution I was referring to for those looking to remove LegacyHDA.kext. Still get errors but evidently sound works well enough.

{
				Store (Package (0x0A)
					{
						"codec-id"		  ,Buffer (0x04){0x89, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10}, 
						"layout-id"		 ,Buffer (0x04){0x42, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00},
						"device-type"	   ,Buffer (0x10){"Realtek ALC889a"},
						"PinConfigurations" ,Buffer (0x01){0x00}
					}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}

Auto-sleep working?

Actually on my MSI autosleep is working, have to try what happens if I swap the DVD's between MSI and Gigabyte builds. On Gigabyte I have a Samsung drive, on MSI I have a LG drive.

ok guys i have an issue here... i just restore SL now when i boot the restore version it is giving me boot0: gpt error or something along that line.

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks and regards

Reinstall your bootlader.

Actually on my MSI autosleep is working, have to try what happens if I swap the DVD's between MSI and Gigabyte builds. On Gigabyte I have a Samsung drive, on MSI I have a LG drive.
Yeah those Toshiba/Samsungs are a problem. I used to have two SH-S223. Even tried updating the firmware with no help. Just unplug yours and see what happens.

Reinstall your bootlader.

Yeah those Toshiba/Samsungs are a problem. I used to have two SH-S223. Even tried updating the firmware with no help. Just unplug yours and see what happens.

I know what happens, tried that already, also putting a disk in drive does the same. I'm more interested in what happens to MSI when connected with Samsung drive since it has ALPM on unlike Gigabyte, maybe that helps. Probably not.

Auto-sleep working?

Also, I think you can safely delete IGBE as well.

Auto-sleep is indeed working.

IGBE you say? I'll give that a shot...

Also, in IORegExplorer, I only see PEX0, PEX3, PEX4, and PEX5. In my DSDT I also have PEX1 and PEX2. Are these in fact doing anything, or do you think they might be able to be removed? Maybe a silly question, but I don't know how to tell what these devices are...

What bluetooth adapter do you have? Are you able to select the "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake computer" option?

kdawg,

I have an Azio (Cambridge Silicon Radio chip) and the "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake computer" is grayed out. I assume that means my USB Bluetooth adapter does not support wake from sleep ... anything I can do in the DSDT?

Regards,

SMF

Ok but this is my only SL installation. I have linux Ubuntu on another separate partition. I assume that i will have to reinstall SL.
Argh! You should always have a working backup to get you out of trouble like this. You won't need to reinstall SL if you can somehow get the bootloader back.

Auto-sleep is indeed working.

IGBE you say? I'll give that a shot...

Also, in IORegExplorer, I only see PEX0, PEX3, PEX4, and PEX5. In my DSDT I also have PEX1 and PEX2. Are these in fact doing anything, or do you think they might be able to be removed? Maybe a silly question, but I don't know how to tell what these devices are...

Wow auto-sleep AND you have Samsung optical drives?! Hmm.. maybe it's the fact you're using ethernet and GFX injection via bootlader.

I'm sure you can delete any devices that don't show up in ioreg explorer. Just be sure you don't have and cards plugged into them or they carry some of the built in devices. For me I only have PEX4 being used because the built in ethernet is there. Plus my two PEG devices.

Wow auto-sleep AND you have Samsung optical drives?! Hmm.. maybe it's the fact you're using ethernet and GFX injection via bootlader.

Just as I expected, with LG drive my Gigabyte board has autosleep working, and with Samsung drive my MSI board has non-working autosleep... I also wonder how Knotty got his build to autosleep with Samsung drives.

Argh! You should always have a working backup to get you out of trouble like this. You won't need to reinstall SL if you can somehow get the bootloader back.

ok thank you. managed to get my system back. lucky for me i have back ups using time machine.

Oh forgot to mention that i lost my Movies folder... no idea where it went too!!

Just as I expected, with LG drive my Gigabyte board has autosleep working, and with Samsung drive my MSI board has non-working autosleep... I also wonder how Knotty got his build to autosleep with Samsung drives.

Yeah, I never had sleep working on this, and I was convinced that it must have been related to the Samsung DVD drive. When I finally got around to taking it out to test it, I was disappointed to find that it still didn't sleep. It wasn't until I got AppleLPC to load that I finally got working sleep.

I'm curious to see how that works with my MSI board...

Hey, can anyone explain how to know what the devices in my DSDT are? I don't really know how to "read" it like that yet, and I'm curious as to what each device does....

Yeah, I never had sleep working on this, and I was convinced that it must have been related to the Samsung DVD drive. When I finally got around to taking it out to test it, I was disappointed to find that it still didn't sleep. It wasn't until I got AppleLPC to load that I finally got working sleep.

I'm curious to see how that works with my MSI board...

Hey, can anyone explain how to know what the devices in my DSDT are? I don't really know how to "read" it like that yet, and I'm curious as to what each device does....

Everybody that has vanilla powermanagement working has AppleLPC loaded so that can't be it.

If you are still wondering about those PEX(x) devices then maybe this picture will make it more clear.

post-375259-1261836737_thumb.png

Everybody that has vanilla powermanagement working has AppleLPC loaded so that can't be it.

You're right. Looking back, it was when I added in PSS PSD and CST to get Speedstep working that Sleep suddenly became functional. That was when I started using a new dsdt as a model, so really, too many things changed at once to pin it down to one thing.

If you are still wondering about those PEX(x) devices then maybe this picture will make it more clear.

post-375259-1261836737_thumb.png

Thanks man, that does make things much easier to understand. Though, there are still a few devices in my dsdt that don't show up in lspci that I'm still wondering about...

So, am I right to assume that PEX1 and PEX2 are probably unused PCI slots on my board?

You're right. Looking back, it was when I added in PSS PSD and CST to get Speedstep working that Sleep suddenly became functional. That was when I started using a new dsdt as a model, so really, too many things changed at once to pin it down to one thing.

Thanks man, that does make things much easier to understand. Though, there are still a few devices in my dsdt that don't show up in lspci that I'm still wondering about...

So, am I right to assume that PEX1 and PEX2 are probably unused PCI slots on my board?

That is right.

kdawg, I'm using your scope _PR for speedstep. It reduces my temperature with 10C compared to FormerlyKnownAs code.

BTW... do you have an idea how can I solve this problem ? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1924024/speedstep.jpg I would like to build my DSDT from scratch... My current DSDT is a big copy/paste :)

First update your signature so everyone knows what you have in your rig.

Second from the looks of the KP it seems there's something wrong with your speed stepping. Do you have any kind of voodoo or nullcpupowermanagement kexts in there? What's in your Extras folder now? Try rebuilding your mkext to see if you have some lingering kext in there.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to help you rebuild from scratch but help yourself to one of my DSDTs, if it's in the same family, and modify it for your own MOBO. Keep in mind the the extra devices added, speedstepping and the PCI Routing Tables (_PRT extries) will be the major differences.