DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

UPDATE - 5 - After Latest round of fixes (TIMR, RTC, IPIC) I've put back DSDT entry for Nvidia 9600GT

dsdt.aml_24_10_2009.zip

dsdt.dsl_24_10_2009.zip

Do one of these not include the entry for the 9600GT? If so which one.

Also I managed to get my hackintosh working with the DSDT patch from 'update 2' however I was unable to install mouse drivers as it was unable to detect my mouse. (It also felt very choppy/laggy)

Any Ideas?

With the help of this thread I've achieved quite a lot over the last weeks with my dsdt file but now I'm completely stuck. I've got most things working like sleep and speedstep but anything I'm trying to change now results in either a kernelpanic or loss of funcionality. For example I've tried to implement the wake from keyboard fix but I simply can't get it to work most of the times resulting in the loss of the sleep functonality. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction? I've attached the dsdt-file I've made for my mobo (EP35-DS4).

It worked for me, so I have done what I did for mine, with your data. Have a look at the attached and see if that works for you? (You might need other bits for your setup, but this is using just what I know)..

I haven't seen a response from formerlyknownas so I thought I'd give it a try as it's the same motherboard but with a different processor. I've changed the processor info with my info and gave it a try. Unfortunately that dsdt-file doesn't work, USB1 through 6 are shown as "Expansion Slot" and the SATA controller is reported as "Unknown Standard Controller". The device-id's of USB1 through 6 should be 0x3a34 through 0x3a39 instead of 0x2934 through 0x2939 but I can't figure out how to change that in your dsdt.

dsdt.dsl.zip

Now move the methods: _PSS, _PSD and _CST out of CPU1 into the _PR scope and use this:

Processor (CPUn, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06)
 {
	 Alias (PSS, _PSS)
	 Alias (PSD, _PSD)
	 Alias (CST, _CST)
 }

For CPU2, CPU3 and CPU4. See how many bytes you get off of dsdt.aml And not only that, because this way it is also faster :D

Master Chief,

When I use this method I get a kernal panic. Here is message verbatime:

Panic (CPU0 caller 0x52c14f60):
"NO HPETs available...CPU(S) configured incorrectly\n"e/SourceCache
/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPOwerManagement-90/pmThread.c:148

Could you help me please, I am including my dsdt.dsl below.

Thanks i advance,

Artimess

Master Chief,

When I use this method I get a kernal panic. Here is message verbatime:

Panic (CPU0 caller 0x52c14f60):
"NO HPETs available...CPU(S) configured incorrectly\n"e/SourceCache
/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPOwerManagement-90/pmThread.c:148

Could you help me please, I am including my dsdt.dsl below.

Thanks i advance,

Artimess

Huh? You only changed a few lines into an Alias () and now it doesn't work anymore? This should work (confirmed to work properly even). You didn't change 0x00000410 into 0x00000810 or vice-versa did you?

Huh? You only changed a few lines into an Alias () and now it doesn't work anymore? This should work (confirmed to work properly even). You didn't change 0x00000410 into 0x00000810 or vice-versa did you?

No Master Chief, the working one has 0x00000410. I am suprised too, that was why I came to you.

If you have any suggestions I can try.

Regards,

Artimess

No Master Chief, the working one has 0x00000410. I am suprised too, that was why I came to you.

If you have any suggestions I can try.

Regards,

Artimess

I'm more surprised that you bring up issues about your Toshiba notebook... in a GigaByte thread :)

Rather confusing I must say. Add the fact that I wasn't logged in when I replied to you, and thus I had no idea about the used hardware.

Anyway. Since I replied already (me being an old fool): Make one change at a time. Keep backups. Check your change(s) afterwards... don't forget to boot (LOL). Only continue with the next change when everything looks good. If not. Go back to the previous one and see what your changed. Basically narrowing the scope of the bug. Try again and good luck!

I'm more surprised that you bring up issues about your Toshiba notebook... in a GigaByte thread ;)

Rather confusing I must say. Add the fact that I wasn't logged in when I replied to you, and thus I had no idea about the used hardware.

Anyway. Since I replied already (me being an old fool): Make one change at a time. Keep backups. Check your change(s) afterwards... don't forget to boot (LOL). Only continue with the next change when everything looks good. If not. Go back to the previous one and see what your changed. Basically narrowing the scope of the bug. Try again and good luck!

Master Chief,

Most of your corrections are applicable to other type of mother boards and work perfectly, I am the living witness of observing it. Besides following this forum I have learned a lot which is the most important issue. For me this whole thing is an intelectual exercise and learning from people like you, mm67, blackbox, TheKing, etc.

Regards,

Artimess

Most of your corrections are applicable to other type of mother boards and work perfectly, I am the living witness of observing it.

Perhaps, but I can tell you that one way Master Chief's corrections definitely do NOT apply to your laptop is that you only have 2 cores, not 4. I doubt this alone is your problem, but it can't hurt to trim out the bits of the DSDT.dsl which have no purpose in your context. No?

BTW, in your signature "Intel Core duo 2.16 Mhz" should probably read "Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz". (Just guessing. I tried to google Toshiba U400E but could only find info on a U400, no U400E.)

Scope (_PR)
{
	Processor (CPU2, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06)
	{
		Alias (PSS, _PSS)
		Alias (PSD, _PSD)
		Alias (CST, _CST)
	}
	Processor (CPU3, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06)
	{
		Alias (PSS, _PSS)
		Alias (PSD, _PSD)
		Alias (CST, _CST)
	}
}

so anyone here with EP35-DS3L board with F6 BOIS has made a DSDT.aml file can share with the rest who has the same board?

Thanks and regards.

Here's my latest DSDT which uses mm67's template but obviously device id's injected for EP35 Mobo's to work. SHutdown works and restart works using MC's OSXRestart.kext. dsdt.aml.zip

No on MacPro3,1. I couldn't get it to load even with MacPro4,1.

Loads just fine for me with 4,1 but I get multi change but no vid change - see speedstep thread! ;)

Sorry for OT - can anybody post link to boot132 iso with either netkas's enabler for ati and nvidia or efi string for GTX260 dual DVI 896MB?

actually hold on this - I've just gone from PC_EFI 10.5 to chameleon RC4 and may well have been caught out woth PCIRoot !

Master Chief,

Most of your corrections are applicable to other type of mother boards and work perfectly, I am the living witness of observing it. Besides following this forum I have learned a lot which is the most important issue. For me this whole thing is an intelectual exercise and learning from people like you, mm67, blackbox, TheKing, etc.

Regards,

Artimess

I understand your reasoning, fully, but please try to respect mine as I only have this little time to help people here and I choose to offer my help for GigaByte board users, people like iSoprano, which I did. This way I also limed the scope and therefor the time required for it. But adding more and different types of hardware will make things far more complicated. It will also require more of my already limited amount of free time. Something I didn't really anticipated when I started this, and that is why I want to keep things as clear as possible, because I am not willing to spent more of my free time.

I can choose to ignore OT talk or to opt-out and let people go on their own, without my help so that people like mm67 have to do everything, until he runs into the same limitation / barrier and you'll end up with nothing. A slowly but steadily dying thread because less and less people are interested in going through all kind of OT issues. Not my kind of soup so I'll pass.

You may want to open a Toshiba thread, and PM me for help. I mean let's at least try to keep things nice and organized, so that future visitors don't end up here for Toshiba related patches, and people looking for GigaByte patches won't have to go through OT talk. To me a win-win for all parties :blink:

Been seeing you,

Chief

I've started to go through this thread again . I get to post 93 and after those mods I lose speedstep ..

Here is the last point speedstep works.

WARNING DO NOT USE THIS DSDT IT HAS MANY ISSUES

DSDT14_12_09.dsl.zip

A this point I've lost native speedstep ..

DSDT15_12_09.dsl.zip

There is a lot removed between 14-12-09 and 15-12-09 - I haven't got time at the mo to work out what's bricking it.

As usual any help appreciated ...

D

I've started to go through this thread again . I get to post 93 and after those mods I lose speedstep ..

Here is the last point speedstep works.

DSDT14_12_09.dsl.zip

A this point I've lost native speedstep ..

DSDT15_12_09.dsl.zip

There is a lot removed between 14-12-09 and 15-12-09 - I haven't got time at the mo to work out what's bricking it.

As usual any help appreciated ...

D

hi ,

here is my last stripped dsdt:

all work fine,

but i'm sure that more can be done

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091112 [Nov 13 2009]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

ASL Input:  /Users/cparm/Downloads/dsdt.dsl - 2684 lines, 82804 bytes, 639 keywords
AML Output: /Users/cparm/Downloads/dsdt.aml - 8298 bytes, 320 named objects, 319 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 2 Optimizations

hi ,

here is my last stripped dsdt:

all work fine,

but i'm sure that more can be done

Thanks cparm, but I think I've got it ..

I've 12 © APIC packages under PCIB and I'd only 10 in 15-12-09 (lazy copy and paste job!)

DSDT16_12_09.dsl.zip

speedsteps working in 16-12-10 but I've lost auto time and date, get random years at boot (1970's ) and ethernet is lost ..

Off to work . pick this up later.

D.

I've 12 © APIC packages under PCIB and I'd only 10 in 15-12-09 (lazy copy and paste job!)

DSDT16_12_09.dsl.zip

speedsteps working in 16-12-10 but I've lost auto time and date, get random years at boot (1970's ) and ethernet is lost ..

D.

I just tracked it down to the same issue, Your PCIB _PRT data doesn't line up. This is the best tool for tracking down problems like this. I had to insert one manual alignment marker and found the problem http://www.sourcegear.com/diffmerge/ And it's FREE, can't beat it!

It's way better than BBEdit's compare function.

D.

I had this happen, but with me, it kept wanting to be the year 2026. Turned out to be a problem with RTC.

Try changing this:

Device (RTC)
			{
				Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
				Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
				{
					IO (Decode16,
						0x0040,			 // Range Minimum
						0x0040,			 // Range Maximum
						0x00,			   // Alignment
						0x04,			   // Length
						)