Install Guide for Snow Leopard on a P6T (non deluxe)

Searay_X

Please tell me about your experience with this guide ;)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was this helpful?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Did it work for you?

• Yes
    • No

550 posts in this topic

Any information, have your the ufficial guide (very easy... :P )for the install snow leopard for P6T SE? because in this treade the all link for dowload file and view image not is fuctionaly.

help me please. sorry for my english.

Flee-

Thanks for doing the updates for 10.6.3. I've switched from the original method, and am now using your extensions and boot on my USB stick. One issue I'm having though, is that when I copy the AppleHDA.kext into S/L/E it tells me that the kext cannot be used. I've run pfix, but still have no sound.

Any help you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bamf

P.S. I'm trying it one more time, and as I'm in IT I know this will probably do the trick... ;)

P.P.S Bah, still no sound...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what i did was

1) replace the kexts folder in the p6t essentials with the 10.6.2 kexts that are on cameron's site

2) download the 10.6.2 combo update

3) run the 3_MacLoader and said No to the EFI thingy

4) Installed combo update (but didnt restart yet)

5) I ran the 3_MacLoader again just to make sure, cause last time it wouldnt let me after upgrading to 10.6.2

6) Restart

by the way, im running the loader on a seperate usb key

Can you direct me to where these 10.6.2 KEXTs are being hosted? I went to Cameron's site and the link doesn't work. can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Ok guys, does anyone know what part of the DSDT file is responsible for +2GB ram issue?

I have followed 3 different guides and tried many different DSDT files but I can't boot past the IOAPIC messages with more then 2GB installed.

In Trick77's guide he mentions that DSDT patcher was the cuplrit for him but creating a vanilla one didn't work for me.

10.6.2 is installed and working great on 2GB but no matter what, I can't boot past IOAPIC with any provided DSDT with more than 1 x 2gb stick in the machine.

I am comfortable with editing the file if someone knows what needs to be done.

Thanks.

Asus P6T (non deluxe, non SE)

i7-920

6G Ram (2G atm)

bios version 1004

I followed the instructions on Flee's blog using his kext pack and I am at the point where SL is installed on the internal HDD, but when it reboots and I try and run from the internal drive, I get an error where a large power button icon pops up and it says I need to turn my computer off and on in several different languages.

Any suggestions and where I should start looking for a solution?

I followed the instructions on Flee's blog using his kext pack and I am at the point where SL is installed on the internal HDD, but when it reboots and I try and run from the internal drive, I get an error where a large power button icon pops up and it says I need to turn my computer off and on in several different languages.

Any suggestions and where I should start looking for a solution?

try bootling with -v (or pressing down in chameleon and selecting 'boot verbose') to see where it panics.

Ok guys, does anyone know what part of the DSDT file is responsible for +2GB ram issue?

I have followed 3 different guides and tried many different DSDT files but I can't boot past the IOAPIC messages with more then 2GB installed.

In Trick77's guide he mentions that DSDT patcher was the cuplrit for him but creating a vanilla one didn't work for me.

10.6.2 is installed and working great on 2GB but no matter what, I can't boot past IOAPIC with any provided DSDT with more than 1 x 2gb stick in the machine.

Thanks.Ok guys, does anyone know what part of the DSDT file is responsible for +2GB ram issue?

Thanks.Ok guys, does anyone know what part of the DSDT file is responsible for +2GB ram issue?

Thanks.

C'mon... somebody must be able to point me in the right direction?

anyone have files in the guide , cant download now :(

i'm using

i7 920

P6T

12GB ram

9600GT

now it's on 10.5.7 (installed by IATKOS v.7) i also enable ALL core and HT.

but step to make a 10.6 installer seem has a problem ( i use 10.6.2 retail DVD).

it cant boot installation screen,

i tried on

- P6T essential refer to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189052

just wonder why it doesnt have folder "Extension" in "Extra" on installer drive ?

So it struck here ....

i7-920.jpg

- P6T SE essential

same error as above

- myHackinstallation

can boot to installation screen but cannt see my HDD

so ... all didnt work.

or i missing something ? or you have more detail on one of three above ?

thank,

Bew

PS. my step refer to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219412

PS.2

while I tried P6T essential refer to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189052

I just wonder why it doesnt have folder "Extension" in "Extra" on installer drive ?

or i push myself ?

now i can boot to the installation screen after i use P6T essential pack ( with "maxmem=4096 -v" )

* but on the install screen, it doesnt show my S-ATA HDD

why that ?

** my installer drive /Extra there isnt Extension folder

why that ?

thank,

bew

now i can boot to the installation screen after i use P6T essential pack ( with "maxmem=4096 -v" )

* but on the install screen, it doesnt show my S-ATA HDD

why that ?

** my installer drive /Extra there isnt Extension folder

why that ?

thank,

bew

this is fixed after i'm connect my s-ata drive to "s-ata port 1"

refer

http://trick77.com/2009/10/12/asus-p6t-64-bit-osx86/

LOL

• 2 months later...

I've used this guide over and over through the months and I thought it was time to do something back for the community. I've combined all the knowledge that I've gathered about this board into one simple guide using the original method from the opening post in combination with a few new techniques and tips.

I've tested Flee's files and method but unfortunately it didn't work with my hardware setup. So I've reverted to the method that worked best for me.

So guys and gals... with a little pride and a lot of thanks to all the great people in this community I present:

My Guide (Click)

P.S. All the files you'll need are available on the first page of my tutorial.

P.P.S. I wont be around often enough to provide support. Use this great community to ask your questions!

P.P.P.S. All my thanks go to Searay_X whom made it possible for me to successfully install OSX on my PC for the first time.

• 1 month later...
I've used this guide over and over through the months and I thought it was time to do something back for the community. I've combined all the knowledge that I've gathered about this board into one simple guide using the original method from the opening post in combination with a few new techniques and tips.

I've tested Flee's files and method but unfortunately it didn't work with my hardware setup. So I've reverted to the method that worked best for me.

So guys and gals... with a little pride and a lot of thanks to all the great people in this community I present:

My Guide (Click)

P.S. All the files you'll need are available on the first page of my tutorial.

P.P.S. I wont be around often enough to provide support. Use this great community to ask your questions!

P.P.P.S. All my thanks go to Searay_X whom made it possible for me to successfully install OSX on my PC for the first time.

Thanks so much, iBram.

I used Searay_X's guide a year ago to set up my Hackintosh, then just left it alone after the SL updates came out. But after loading Steam on my Hackintosh, I needed to upgrade to 10.6.4 to get some of my games installed. I backed up my drive using SuperDuper!, and did the upgrade, only to get the version mis_match error due to the sleepenabler.kext. I removed the sleepenabler.kext just to boot up successfully, but found that I had no sound.

I used your guide to finish up my update, and everything now looks good, including sound.

One thing, though--I don't think you did anything about the sleepenabler.kext, did you? Do you just leave it out and not worry about that functionality? I can live without it, I suppose.

Thanks again.

-Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi

i like to install MAC 10.6.2 on my PC which is

i7 920

Asus P6T

ram 3gb

HD 2TB

MSI 5850

i need to know that can i install it using MSI 5850 and any guide plz help me.

and what should use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ATI or simple [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

After leaving for the OSX86 scene for a bit, I've come back and am writing this from OS X on my p6t i7! However, I can only boot from the EFI stick. When I try to boot from the HDD it just gives me the blinking cursor. I recall way back when having to install EFI into the drive, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for this. The boot stick isn't that bad, but I'd rather use the USB key for something else if possible. I just seem to be missing some step somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks so much, iBram.

I used Searay_X's guide a year ago to set up my Hackintosh, then just left it alone after the SL updates came out. But after loading Steam on my Hackintosh, I needed to upgrade to 10.6.4 to get some of my games installed. I backed up my drive using SuperDuper!, and did the upgrade, only to get the version mis_match error due to the sleepenabler.kext. I removed the sleepenabler.kext just to boot up successfully, but found that I had no sound.

I used your guide to finish up my update, and everything now looks good, including sound.

One thing, though--I don't think you did anything about the sleepenabler.kext, did you? Do you just leave it out and not worry about that functionality? I can live without it, I suppose.

Thanks again.

-Z

I've upgraded to 10.6.6, same procedure as above: backed up HDD using SuperDuper!, applied the OS X update via Apple's Check for Software Updates, again removed sleepenabler.kext, used ibram's guide to restore sound.

Still don't have a working sleepenabler.kext. Not a biggie, but if anyone has it working in 10.6.6, please enlighten us.

Thanks,

-Z

• 2 weeks later...
After leaving for the OSX86 scene for a bit, I've come back and am writing this from OS X on my p6t i7! However, I can only boot from the EFI stick. When I try to boot from the HDD it just gives me the blinking cursor. I recall way back when having to install EFI into the drive, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for this. The boot stick isn't that bad, but I'd rather use the USB key for something else if possible. I just seem to be missing some step somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, you've probably figured this out, but I did this following this guide:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/twe...-chameleon.html

It was pretty clear.

But to be honest, I'm keeping the USB drive as a back-up boot method. If you ever screw up the EFI partition making plist or kext changes, or updating chameleon or something, it's good to have the USB drive to fall back on.

-Z

• 2 months later...

I wanted to thank you for posting that guide on installing osx using an SL cd and a mac on a p6t board. Im currently following the procedures listed to install it and everything has gone well, but when I try to install I get the grey screen with the apple logo and the loading circle, but never reach the install menu. Instead the screen goes a dark grey and tells me I need to restart my computer in several languages. I have looked around online for a way to fix this and had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My system is

OCZ ddr3 ram 6gb, asus p6t (standard), most recent bios update, nvidia gtx 570 graphics. I followed the guide to the letter, and have checked myself for mistakes in following it. I cant see whats wrong. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Ok - I'm extremely grateful for the learned community for putting together such a terrific cache of information - I'm looking forward to embarking on this project to get OSX running on my existing P6T setup. "My Guide" above is fantastic - many thanks, iBram. But first I'd like to detail my current setup and my planned course of action and see if anyone has any further tips/suggestions before I set off!

Ok, so I'm running a plain Asus P6T with i7 920 CPU with 12GB RAM and an ATI 5870 connected to 3 24 inch Dell LCD monitors, via DVI, HDMI and DP (with active adapter). It is a current Win 7 64 computer with the OS exclusively on a 64GB SSD, a separate "Programs Drive", a seperate "Media Drive" and a separate "Downloads Drive" and 2 x DVD Drives. I intend to add another HDD and run OSX on that exclusively. I intend to use Chameleon to enable bootup choice of OSX or WIN 7 64. I have a genuine Snow Leopard install disc and OSX running on my Macbook Pro.

Potential issues/considerations I've thought about:

- I don't want to wreck my current Win 7 system - should I unplug all the other drives, setup OSX on its own drive and then replug the original HDDs prior to this setup?

- Will OSX support 3 monitors? (Not a big issue)

- I am already running drive mode in BIOS in AHCI - I can't see any other BIOS changes that should affect my current Win 7 install? Anyone experienced any probs here?

- ATI 5870 kernels? Any probs here?

- Any chance I could access my "Media Drive" from within OSX once it is all set up and purring? ((Realise this disk is not HFS+ formatted - read only?)

- Current USB devices that are plugged into my Win 7 system - if they're not compatible with OSX (eg Track IR), will they cause issues?

If anyone has been down this path or similar, I would appreciate ANY words of advice you can give.

Kind regards, Joe.