[Mini Guide] SL working on Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

iRobie

934 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a question regarding these post Snow Leopard install install, kexts, postinstalers and others. If I do not have a Mac nor Hack, how can I install them if I only have regular PC. Will the Hackintosh be operated before them installed (network works?), so that I can download them and install from my new hack or what?

I've used the EFI (just google it), and managed to instal Snow Leopard on G41M-ES2L, even though that mobo doesn't support the ACHI.

I tried all the patches recommended for sound card with no luck.

One more question , I have E6300 dualcore CPU Wolfdale, there is E6300 in DSDT list, but that is core2duo. Should I go with that one, or DSDT for E5400 dualcore or just go generic?

I've used the EFI (just google it), and managed to instal Snow Leopard on G41M-ES2L, even though that mobo doesn't support the ACHI.

One more question , I have E6300 dualcore CPU Wolfdale, there is E6300 in DSDT list, but that is core2duo. Should I go with that one, or DSDT for E5400 dualcore or just go generic?

I believe Ridgeline used screenshots I provided for the E6300 DSDT. I can confirm that it was for a Wolfdale E6300 Pentium dual core.

h50

I have the Gigabyte G41M-ES2H Version (HDMI but no Express 2.0 Slot).

I just got this to install, but after rebooting after loading in the NvInject and some other kexts, I got a black screen. Do I have to just reinstall it or is there a way I can revert back?

Also, I'm running on two HDDs, my mac os is on my 1.5TB and XP is on my 320. Even with the bootloader I still cant boot to SL.

I have the Gigabyte G41M-ES2H Version (HDMI but no Express 2.0 Slot).

I just got this to install, but after rebooting after loading in the NvInject and some other kexts, I got a black screen. Do I have to just reinstall it or is there a way I can revert back?

Also, I'm running on two HDDs, my mac os is on my 1.5TB and XP is on my 320. Even with the bootloader I still cant boot to SL.

What gfx card are you using?

Ridgeline made a nice installer for AppleHDA from 10.6.2. You can get it from the download section of his site at www.ridgel1ne.com

That should fix your sound. Using the E6300 DSDT should give you speedstepping

I have the nVidia MSI GeForce 9400GT

I had a 9400GT when I started. Others have told me they have gotten it to work by editing com.apple.Boot.plist to add a graphics string. You might try searching these forums for others with the same graphics card to see what they did. I ended up buying an nvidia 8400GS from Newegg which worked out of the box. A 9500GT will also work out of the box.

You might try connecting your monitor to the on board graphics (and remove your gfx card) just to see if you can boot all the way into snow leopard. That will at least tell you if the gfx card is your only problem.

h50

Thank you all for the guide and help, everything went smooth, so far ;)

I've used EFI boot CD and Snow Leopard installation on USB drive. Right now I'm updating to 10.6.4, prior to installing any post installation packages, I'm still in doubt should I go with the Kakewalks, if it is even possible to do it now, or with the Ridgelines one!

I have one more question, I'm using 24" monitor, but the Browsers window is so small, how to stretch it?

EDIT

unfortunately, I was to quick with my post. First thing I did was updating to 10.6.4 version and after the restart, nothing seems to work anymore. Desktop is freezed, I can move my mouse and that's all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT #2

OK, me again. After waiting for a few minutes, it is working, I am installing Ridgelines package right now, hope everything will be just fine after the restart.

One more issue that I have. I have installed SL and Win 7 on separate hard drives. What would be recommended method for dual boot?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me again :P I made the sound working, but I have one more Q. What is it about this "Sleep" thing, does it work oob, and how , do I have to install "Plase sleep". I've noticed on my "Mac" :D that it turns computer off, so that I have to press the Power button and to boot up again, it is not like in Windows , just to move with your mouse and it's up!

Me again :P I made the sound working, but I have one more Q. What is it about this "Sleep" thing, does it work oob, and how , do I have to install "Plase sleep". I've noticed on my "Mac" :P that it turns computer off, so that I have to press the Power button and to boot up again, it is not like in Windows , just to move with your mouse and it's up!

Depending on your DVD drive, you may not need PleaseSleep. To get sleep to work, disconnect your DVD and go to the Energy Saver control panel, click on "Options" and check the box for "Restart automatically after power failure. "

If your computer goes to sleep and wakes when you hit a key or jiggle the mouse, it is working.

Then reconnect your DVD and see if your machine will still sleep and wake ok. If not, you need PleaseSleep, or replace the DVD with a Sony Optiarc or Lite-On DVD.

h50

Okay for anyone having issues with the speedstep or sleep with there install, using my post installer with my dsdt. I believe I have the solution. The problem lies at all of us using different processors, each processor has multiple pstates . some may only have 3 mine for example have 5. I can help you with this it will not take long and all I need you to do is a very basic process to get me your pstates.

I have attached a folder that has a pstate kext that you can install with kext utility and then run the pstate changer program once the kext is installed. select the pState. and use grab or take a picture and email or post it and I will modify the dsdt to your correct pstates and post back to you. Once again most issues with sleep are related to an incorrect scope in the dsdt as the one I packaged includes my scope. It will not take long and you will run cooler with more accurate speed step. Please include your processor model with the pstate picture as I will start a library so I only have to do this once.

pstate.jpg

Using an Intel Q8300 on a Gigabyte G41M-ES2L. Screen grab is below. I didn't see this CPU in your download section. Not sure if you are still making DSDT files, but if you can do this one I'd be happy to make a donation.

Thanks,

Nick

post-309994-1283649007_thumb.png

Hi all,

I am quite new to the hackintosh world so far, and was planning on using the gigabyte ga-gm41T-es2l

As far as I can see the only difference between the gm41-es2l and the gm41t-es2l is the fact that the latter supports ddr3 ram (which is something I wanted).

Also, I was wondering how up to date this guide is, and if there were any better more recent methods?

A final question: in the guide one of the options for booting SL is using myHack, upgrading to 106.4 and then running ridge line's installer. Sorry for my ignorance but what does this installer actually do? For example, could I simply run the myHack installer on my now booted SL hard drive, fix kexts and DSDT and be done with it as suppose to using bridge line?

Thanks

My setup so far:

intel core 2 duo e7500

Ga-gm41t-es2l

4gb of Kingston ddr3 1066mhz ram

Nvidia 9500 GT

Western Digital 500G Hdd

You don't need a kext file for functionality, but Sata ports will be shown as Unknown Ahci ports in System info without device-id injection. I use a legacy kext like this to handle my Wlan card, JMB363 and to fix orange disk icons.

UD3.kext.zip

mm67

I bought a PCIe SATA card that uses a JMB363. On bootup the card is recognized but Snow Leopard does not see anything connected to it. You posted that you didn't need a kext for functionality, so I seem to be missing something. Can you think of anything else you may have done to make your card work?

Thanks in advance.

h50

mm67

I bought a PCIe SATA card that uses a JMB363. On bootup the card is recognized but Snow Leopard does not see anything connected to it. You posted that you didn't need a kext for functionality, so I seem to be missing something. Can you think of anything else you may have done to make your card work?

Thanks in advance.

h50

Just tested this to make sure but there is absolutely nothing I need to do to make disks work. You wouldn't happen to have jumpers on your board, I think I once saw a board where one had to select operating modes with jumpers.

Just tested this to make sure but there is absolutely nothing I need to do to make disks work. You wouldn't happen to have jumpers on your board, I think I once saw a board where one had to select operating modes with jumpers.

mm67

I'm guessing that the jumpers you speak of would be on the PCIe board and not the motherboard, right? The "modes" you refer to are "RAID" vs "NON-RAID"?

I'll take a look tonight when I get home.

Thanks for your quick response!

best regards,

h50

mm67

I'm guessing that the jumpers you speak of would be on the PCIe board and not the motherboard, right? The "modes" you refer to are "RAID" vs "NON-RAID"?

I'll take a look tonight when I get home.

Thanks for your quick response!

best regards,

h50

On PCIe board yes, that board I think had jumpers for IDE, AHCI and RAID modes.

PCIe card does not have any jumpers on it. Maybe it needs to be put in a windows machine to flash it into AHCI mode?

h50

That's possible, there should be some way to select operation mode.

Hi there and hello Ridgeline

it's been a while now.

i've given up rather quickly the install on the asus P5E, {censored}, many kexts, a bit of a mess

i'm now running the hac on a gigabyte EP45-DS4 which is ok, clearly better than asus but more complicated than the G41M!

i'm planning to perhaps get back to my old G41M for it's very straightforward install, this is great

Can somebody point me to the link of the latest installer (still from ridgeline i guess) ?

thanks ;)

Hi there and hello Ridgeline

it's been a while now.

i've given up rather quickly the install on the asus P5E, {censored}, many kexts, a bit of a mess

i'm now running the hac on a gigabyte EP45-DS4 which is ok, clearly better than asus but more complicated than the G41M!

i'm planning to perhaps get back to my old G41M for it's very straightforward install, this is great

Can somebody point me to the link of the latest installer (still from ridgeline i guess) ?

Its at www.ridgel1ne.com

h50

just added the hackintosh bio patch for our boards and now i dont need the dsdt in E/E. so far everything seems to be working. so now im down to one kext (legacyhda) com.apple.boot.plist, smbios.plist, is all i have in E/E now.

Are you referring to Cartri's bios? If so, I did not think that it would work for this mb.

H50