DSDT - Vanilla Speedstep - Generic Scope (_PR)

• Please log in to reply
1945 replies to this topic

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

I added code for SBUS (from a MacPro1,1) to my DSDT. It shows in the ioreg, but none of those kexts are shown with kextstat. In my case only com.apple.driver.AppleIntelMeromProfile is loaded from the above mentioned kexts

That's because it doesn't match. Let's first have a look at AppleSMBusPCI.kext
<key>IONameMatch</key>
			<array>
				<string>pci10de,aa2</string>
				<string>pci8086,3a30</string>
			</array>
No match with our board so we have to fix it by either adding the device id of our SMBUS controller to this kext (pci8086,2930 for P5K PRO) or by changing the device id in our dsdt.dsl Which is what I did.

Note: For people who don't know how to get this ID – you can use lspci -nn (Google/Search for it).

After this change AppleSMBusPCI.kext will load and initialize properly, daisy chaining AppleSMBusController.kext by setting some properties. And by loading this kext, and setting more properties, the other two kexts will also load.

Chief, could you share the code you used for this? It might work on the P5K-VM as well (misses SBUS at 1F,3 too) . If this is out of topic here, please post it at the P5K-VM thread:
http://www.insanelym...showtopic=62111
Would be great if you can share your .dsl file so we can compare with ours

Sure. I will add my dsdt.dsl to the P5K PRO thread, when I'm done documenting it (in dsdt.dsl) which will should help other people to get the job done.

Thanx for all the research you are doing

Thanks man. I really appreciate it from an old rot like you :D

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts
Right! I used the code from your dsdt v2.2 at the P5K Pro thread

Attached File  Screenshot_2009_10_06_at_6.26.41_PM.jpg   114.02KB   223 downloads

The kexts you said are loaded now. Also got three 'sound assertion' errors but soud seems to work fine. I'll be testing it out

Thank you again!

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts
+1 BlackCH result except i'm not using the Chiefs kexts (tried them and worked fine) just iMac 9.1 identifier with p & c states via dsdt.

Some great work on this thread thanks to all contributors and a special thanks to the Chief for stretching the boundaries.

Attached File  dsdt.dsl.zip   31.42KB   62 downloads

spanakorizo

spanakorizo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
Need to add also sbus ;)
DB1, your dsl confuses me a lot, because:
i see a sbus device there, so ok i can copy/paste to my dsl, but i see after this device, another one containing smbus info:

Device (BUS0)
				{
					Name (_CID, "smbus")
					Name (_ADR, Zero)
					Device (MKY0)
					{
						Name (_ADR, Zero)
						Name (_CID, "mikey")
						Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
						{
also i see a lot of sbus info among to other devices:
Store (^^SBUS.SRDB (0xD2, 0x80), Local0)
or
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.SBUS.BUS0.MKY0, 0x80)
and my dsl has not got a single line contains: .SBUS on it!
in lspci i see this: 00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation SMBus Controller [8086:2930] (rev 02)
in ioreg if i search for smbus or sbus, there is nothing!

MasterChief could give me some light here, cause hid dsl looks like mine, and he's also in Quad!
so maybe he could upload his dsl :)

/still a lot to do i guess! :D

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts

Need to add also sbus ;)
DB1, your dsl confuses me a lot, because:
i see a sbus device there, so ok i can copy/paste to my dsl, but i see after this device, another one containing smbus info:

Device (BUS0)
				{
					Name (_CID, "smbus")
					Name (_ADR, Zero)
					Device (MKY0)
					{
						Name (_ADR, Zero)
						Name (_CID, "mikey")
						Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
						{
also i see a lot of sbus info among to other devices:
Store (^^SBUS.SRDB (0xD2, 0x80), Local0)
or
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.SBUS.BUS0.MKY0, 0x80)
and my dsl has not got a single line contains: .SBUS on it!
in lspci i see this: 00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation SMBus Controller [8086:2930] (rev 02)
in ioreg if i search for smbus or sbus, there is nothing!

MasterChief could give me some light here, cause hid dsl looks like mine, and he's also in Quad!
so maybe he could upload his dsl :)

/still a lot to do i guess! :D

Better to use MasterChief's from the P5K PRO thread as reference to patch yours - his has notation identifying all the patched sections (i'm not that disciplined!), that's what I did to patch in for P5K VM. The SBUS patch is entirely MasterChief's genius work so I could not offer any explanations or help.

spanakorizo

spanakorizo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
ok let's w8 for him, after all we are friends now ;)
my /sessions of iaslme have like 50 folders of compiled tests! :)
(good that i allways keep backup of my best edited .dsl so far)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
Let's talk about SBUS somewhere else! Let's stop thread hijacking – for which I am terribly sorry. Time to move on!

WOOT I just got my Apple HID Keyboard to wake up my hack! More about this in a near future topic here.

tapper00`

tapper00`

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Let's talk about SBUS somewhere else! Let's stop thread hijacking – for which I am terribly sorry. Time to move on!

WOOT I just got my Apple HID Keyboard to wake up my hack! More about this in a near future topic here.

Master Chief... I have been following this thread for a while, and must say that I am quite impressed with your knowledge of APCI.

On another note... Wake from sleep with Apple keyboard is big news. Don't make us wait too long for that info, please.

Keep up the good work.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Master Chief... I have been following this thread for a while, and must say that I am quite impressed with your knowledge of APCI.

On another note... Wake from sleep with Apple keyboard is big news. Don't make us wait too long for that info, please.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you. The Apple keyboard fix is already included with my DSDT v2.4 – available in the P5K PRO thread.

Flashe

Flashe

Flashy ~ Flasheu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Hello has all,

Bitter to have to install snow, I have notice that the suspend activity does not work for me, I ask you if you can help me to resolve this problem.

I have nullCPUPowermanagemnt try to have to remove, install disabler and sleepenabler To make works the suspend activity but works always not.
Here is my dsdt.dsl makes ,I know if there are modifications has to make or kexts has to install.

Fix this problème possible via DSDT ?

Thank you very much.

Attached Files

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,836 posts
You should try the method described in this topic
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=168014

Check the differences in the attached file, it has speedstep and sleep fixes applied, plus 6 compilation warnings removed.
Attached File  dsdt.zip   41.78KB   27 downloads

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
A lot of people seem to read this so here goes: My hack sleeps after an idle period (auto sleep) and yes I do happen to have one of these buggers (TSSTcorp DVD drive). The "magic" will be revealed with DSDT V2.6 here. Thank you. Have a nice day!

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
The Legacy AGPM has been giving me what i'd describe as digital breakup. Windows don't seem to be re-drawing.

D.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

The Legacy AGPM has been giving me what i'd describe as digital breakup. Windows don't seem to be re-drawing.

D.

Interesting. Might this be what I described earlier in this thread (some time ago)?

Do you see any (related/suspicious) errors/warning in log files? Do you have a picture showing the problem? A short QuickTime movie (screen recording) would be even better.

What's the used model identifier?

Where's the kext installed (with or without Extensions.mkext)?

Are you using Chameleon V2 RC3 or Boot Think?

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Because Chameleon has serious compatibility issues with certain drives, one being my 1TB SAMSUNG HD103SJ.

I've had the 1TB SAMSUNG HD103SJ for 6 months now - No problems at all with Chameleon or PCEFI V10.
The Drive has been used as boot drive and currenlt storage!

D.

Interesting. Might this be what I described earlier in this thread (some time ago)?

Do you see any (related/suspicious) errors/warning in log files? Do you have a picture showing the problem? A short QuickTime movie (screen recording) would be even better.

What's the used model identifier?

Where's the kext installed (with or without Extensions.mkext)?

Are you using Chameleon V2 RC3 or Boot Think?

Very similar to what you decribled earlyer in the thread (Cant find the exact post# right now.) but this has only occured since using the Legacy AGPM kext nad has gone since I removed it from my mkext.

didn't get a screen grab, usingt mkext in EFI partition and bootloader as noted in my sig' :( .

Anywho's I've got some time this week so I'm finnaly going to borrow cst from MP4,1, add to my DSDT and see if I can get GPU throttling using MP4,1 identifyer.

D

William Parker

William Parker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
First my heartfelt gratitude goes out to all the forum members here, whose help has been invaluable, especially Master Chief & FormerlyKnownAs.
I have attached here 3 variants of DSDT mods. The first one was done following FormerlyKnownAs first post here. I had no CST evaluation errors to start with & my ACPI dumps yielded 5 SSDTs of which 4 were CPUcXst and the fifth one was CpuPm. I also had the FACP table with _CST support : 00 & C2 Latency : 005A & C3 Latency : 0384.
Frankly the high temps were bothering me 60 deg. C on load. I could see stepping in CPU-i. So that was some relief. After a second read through I understood that I needed to enter the latencies from the FACP into the SPSS part. Which is what I did in the Second mod. which brought temps down to 40 on idle and about 50 on load.
But I had seen members on this thread getting temps in their 30s. I preferred not to replace ROISOFT's MacPro 3,1 code into my DSDT but I tried just to see and it works with idle temps down to about 34.
Am I doing anything wrong by replacing my obtained SSDT tables with these?
I see FormerlyKnownAs DSDT attached in the first post have "Method (_PPC, 0, NotSerialized)". Can it be ignored because it returns Zero?
Also it has Method (_PCT, 0, NotSerialized) which I don't. Should it be there?
And among other things I will be very grateful if someone could point errors in the Speed stepping and related parts, and how to set them right.
My sincerest thanks to all who have shared their knowledge here. ;)

Attached Files

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,633 posts
Hi to everybody!

I have tried a lot of times to insert the SSDT data inside my DSDT but... no successful...
I have dumped the ACPI tables with Everest, and they are present 16 tables SSDT... confused..

Any Idea???

My Board is a ASUS P6T Deluxe v.1 i7 940 12GB RAM

Here my original ACPI table (0 patch inside the Tables)
Here my actual Patched DSDT
My smbios.plist (MacPro4,1)

Sorry for my bad English.

Fabio

Edit: I use Snow for this test.

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

First my heartfelt gratitude goes out to all the forum members here, whose help has been invaluable, especially Master Chief & FormerlyKnownAs.
I have attached here 3 variants of DSDT mods. The first one was done following FormerlyKnownAs first post here. I had no CST evaluation errors to start with & my ACPI dumps yielded 5 SSDTs of which 4 were CPUcXst and the fifth one was CpuPm. I also had the FACP table with _CST support : 00 & C2 Latency : 005A & C3 Latency : 0384.
Frankly the high temps were bothering me 60 deg. C on load. I could see stepping in CPU-i. So that was some relief. After a second read through I understood that I needed to enter the latencies from the FACP into the SPSS part. Which is what I did in the Second mod. which brought temps down to 40 on idle and about 50 on load.
But I had seen members on this thread getting temps in their 30s. I preferred not to replace ROISOFT's MacPro 3,1 code into my DSDT but I tried just to see and it works with idle temps down to about 34.
Am I doing anything wrong by replacing my obtained SSDT tables with these?
I see FormerlyKnownAs DSDT attached in the first post have "Method (_PPC, 0, NotSerialized)". Can it be ignored because it returns Zero?
Also it has Method (_PCT, 0, NotSerialized) which I don't. Should it be there?
And among other things I will be very grateful if someone could point errors in the Speed stepping and related parts, and how to set them right.
My sincerest thanks to all who have shared their knowledge here. ;)

Hi William

I'm idling at around 40-43 degrees.

Also you have your own CST tables you'd be best using them instead of the MP3,1 tables used in your 3rd mod.
I'd stick with the 2nd Mod then see if you can follow ab__73's post#71 here to get C states working.

D.

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Hi to everybody!

I have tried a lot of times to insert the SSDT data inside my DSDT but... no successful...
I have dumped the ACPI tables with Everest, and they are present 16 tables SSDT... confused..

Any Idea???

My Board is a ASUS P6T Deluxe v.1 i7 940 12GB RAM

Here my original ACPI table (0 patch inside the Tables)
Here my actual Patched DSDT
Sorry for my bad English.

Fabio

Edit: I use Snow for this test.

Hi Fabio

Your SSDT tables 0 to 7 are ist tables for CPU0 to CPU7
Your SSDT tables 8 to 15 are cst tables for CPU0 to CPU7
SSDT 16 is CPUPM

It should be quite easy to attach them all to the bottom of your DSDT as described in the 1st post.
You can then edit the SPSS and NPSS tables with your desired fid and Vid values.

How far have you got on your own?

EDIT# > Method for attaching SSDT to DSDT (from 1st post) here
D.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,633 posts

Hi Fabio

Your SSDT tables 0 to 7 are ist tables for CPU0 to CPU7
Your SSDT tables 8 to 15 are cst tables for CPU0 to CPU7
SSDT 16 is CPUPM

It should be quite easy to attach them all to the bottom of your DSDT as described in the 1st post.
You can then edit the SPSS and NPSS tables with your desired fid and Vid values.

How far have you got on your own?

EDIT# > Method for attaching SSDT to DSDT (from 1st post) here
D.

Hi again!

This is the "better" I made

I insert last SSDT Table value next the CPU data

I use dropssdt=yes in com.apple.Boot.plist

but notthing change.. :D

I'm sure I make some error.

Fabio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy