Work fine on my Samsung R519/R719! Thx you, maaaaan! :D

The UnF

The UnF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi all,

I'm running SL 10.6.8 on an MSI X340 on i386 arch mode with patch4500-2 but accidently changed to a resolution lower that 1366x768x32.

After that i get nothing but a cute blue screen.

To use the system again i needed to boot with -s and remove patched kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

If i run patch4500-2.bash -f 2A42 + boot, i still get 1024 resolution and if i add -r i get back to the blue screen.

How can i reset the resolution preferences back to the highest chosen automaticaly when i first passed patch4500?

Thks in advance!

mosman

mosman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've had luck getting the GMA X4500 working in Lion. If interested, check this out:

http://www.tonymacx8...hp?f=15&t=29005

spy 1

spy 1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I need some help with my video card GMA4500MHD. I have tried to install AppleIntelGMAX3100FB-2.kext but when I reboot it does not load any kext for me to patch it. How can I do this for me to get this working everything else works but the card hope someone can help me. I am running iatkos S3 V2 SL 10.6.3

snam11

snam11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
hi Tienneke,
i own an acer travelmate 5630z with x4500 onboard.
dev id 0x2a42
rev id 0x0007
vga output only (no tvout or hdmi/dvi)
with chameleon+graphics mode string i can easily have native resolution 1280x800x32, but i cannot clone display (if i plug vga on laptop, the lcd goes off and only vga output works) and the tv output is distorted, probaby because of the 1280x800 res.

so i had a try with your bash script, but i have several problems.
1st: i have plenty of res, but NO 1280x800.
2nd: any resolution i try, gives me a strange output with flickering display luminosity, on main lcd display, and also on vga output
3rd: the default resolution choosed by kext (also with detect display feature). main lcd and vga out goes @ 640x480 or 800x600, so lcd is completely white, and "no input" on vga out.the only way to change them is to use another hack with remote desktop....
4th: is impossible to clone the display on vga monitor, only extended desktop works.if i choose clone display, both the screens stop working, also if the res is set to a previously working one.

any solution? i'm the only one with this issues or is a common problem?
i'd like just to have a nice res, with clone on vga output...
regards

p.s. i've tested the script on 10.5.8 vanilla and 10.6.6 ihazard with same result

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy