Cmedia 8738

Pons

228 posts in this topic

Can not download CMI driver :P

I'd like to mirror both drivers and source for you at kmric.com

would you send me a copy?

my email : kmnesp@163.com/nespric@gmail.com

Sorry I'm late! I'll try the new version now and see if the problem with hydrasworld was the same as mine. Post back in a few...

can someone tell me if my sound card works with this kext...

The thing is i loaded the kext... it show like there's a card detected, but it doesn't make sound... i tried:

-The MIDI Audio Setup

-Change the speakers to the mic input...

-I don't have front output for audio

I have tried the info about AppleAC97Driver...

i put 0x70121039 in the Info.plist... but i don't have sound...  :)

Thanks if anybody can help...

----------------

From C-Media 3D Audio Configuration:

Audio Codec: CMI9739A

Audio Controller: SIS 7012 Series Audio Controller

You're not alone. I also have problem getting any sound of my cmi9739a-chip. The chip is detected succesfully and the appleac97driver-module loads without problems but there is no sound playback :D

• 3 weeks later...
new version: http://members.tripod.de/candyass/CMI8738P...er-0.6.1.tar.gz - mute and volume changing works now

installation: Open a terminal, cd to the download directory, tar xzvf CMI8738PCIAudioDriver-0.6.1.tar.gz, ./install.sh, enter your root password and you're done.

source code: http://members.tripod.de/candyass/CMI8738P....6.1-src.tar.gz

Sir,i can't download the driver. And i googled it , but didn't find it in some where else. so can you send it to me .

my email address is wutong.feng@gmail.com

thanks.

Sir,i can't download the driver. And i googled it , but didn't find it in some where else. so can you send it to me .

my email address is wutong.feng@gmail.com

thanks.

backup servers:

drivers: http://home.pages.at/fakehttp/CMI8738PCIAu...er-0.6.4.tar.gz

source: http://home.pages.at/fakehttp/CMI8738PCIAu....6.4-src.tar.gz

MD5 (CMI8738PCIAudioDriver-0.6.4.tar.gz) = a304afa0e703a8e9c89fa46e10ac4f78

MD5 (CMI8738PCIAudioDriver-0.6.4-src.tar.gz) = 918d99c7073df89b3183eac406173a01

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I posted this over on win2osx as well, but maybe I'll get a response here.

Using a PCI card version of the CMI 8738 on 8F1111a(g), I went to install the last compiled 0.6.4 version of dogbert's driver, compiled for 10.4.3, and it didn't work. I opened up the project in Xcode and without changing anything, built the driver for my system, and it seemed to work.

The sound card did work, until the system would randomly crash. For example, I used GarageBand for about 10 minutes with no problems, but a random sound like emptying the recycle bin, would make the computer crash. And if I tried to use iTunes, it'd crash the system after about 30 seconds of playback.

Here's my portion of the thread over at win2osx: Page 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I get the following error when I try to install the driver. I used the install script didn;t work, then I tried the manual process. But neither worked for me.

#kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext appears to be valid

22com_CMI8738AudioEngine is not compatible with its superclass, 13IOAudioEngine superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

Can someone help me to load the audio driver?

Thanks.

Hello,

I get the following error when I try to install the driver. I used the install script didn;t work, then I tried the manual process. But neither worked for me.

#kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext appears to be valid

22com_CMI8738AudioEngine is not compatible with its superclass, 13IOAudioEngine superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

Can someone help me to load the audio driver?

Thanks.

I replaced my soundcard with this one to get sound with OS X. As I recall, I got the same message at first. Dogbert's driver was compiled for 10.4.1. Depending on which 10.4.3 build you have, the kext would be different.

Simplest solution is to download the source code (its posted) then compile it yourself. The XCode tools to recompile it are on the DVD.

Attached find my kext compiled for 10.4.3 1111g. It works on my system.

CMI8738.ZIP

• 2 weeks later...

Grabbed your compiled kext for 10.4.3, dropped it on my system and presto, it works fantastically now.

I have an onboard AC'97 with one channel working, and it's great to have 2 channels working on the C-Media PCI card that I literally had kicking around.

Thanks a bunch

-TheWaker

• 1 month later...
Is there compiled CMedia driver for 10.4.4 or 10.4.5 available?

The 10.4.3 kext works in 10.4.4 and 10.4.5. It doesn't need recompile.

The link is in the wiki, on the HCL list.

Its also attached to my old post a couple of entries above.

• 1 month later...

Anyone can help me?

It would be nice if I got sound in Mac OSX 10.4.4. I found your forums with google. :)

I downloaded dogbert's driver (0.6.1, 0.6.3, 0.6.4, typed in sudo -s then ./install.sh and it doesn't work!

Installing CMI8738 kernel extension...

Should I edit the Info.plist? My Vendor ID is 1039 in hex, and my Device ID is 7012 in hex.

I have an Abit-SA7 motherboard with SiS 645DX chipset and my manual says that it has C-Media 9738 Audio Codec. I don't really know it the 8738 and the 9738 are compatible with each other...

Anyway, shall I reboot, and try again, or safe mode?

Anyone can help me?

It would be nice if I got sound in Mac OSX 10.4.4. I found your forums with google. :thumbsup_anim:

I downloaded dogbert's driver (0.6.1, 0.6.3, 0.6.4, typed in sudo -s then ./install.sh and it doesn't work!

Installing CMI8738 kernel extension...

Should I edit the Info.plist? My Vendor ID is 1039 in hex, and my Device ID is 7012 in hex.

I have an Abit-SA7 motherboard with SiS 645DX chipset and my manual says that it has C-Media 9738 Audio Codec. I don't really know it the 8738 and the 9738 are compatible with each other...

Anyway, shall I reboot, and try again, or safe mode?

The driver wouldn't load on my 10.4.6. I recompiled it under .6 Try this...CMI8738.zip