Cmedia 8738

Pons

228 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.

I was watching on the wiki and I saw that this card was supported with and additional driver to install.. I already did it and it gives an error telling me that the extension is bad.

Anyone knows about this problem?

Thanx

Pons

Hey everyone.

I was watching on the wiki and I saw that this card was supported with and additional driver to install.. I already did it and it gives an error telling me that the extension is bad.

Thanx

Pons

I wrote that kext. you probably forgot to change the owner.

chown -R root:wheel CMI8738AudioDriver.kext
kextload CMI8738AudioDriver.kext

Hey everyone.

Thanx

Pons

Hi, Pons, could you please send me the "CMI8738AudioDriver.kext", I cann't download it from the site gived in the wiki, so many thanks.

My mailbox is here: panyuejian@gmail.com

or: panyuejian@hotmail.com

any one you can choose:)

I wrote that kext. you probably forgot to change the owner.

chown -R root:wheel CMI8738AudioDriver.kext
kextload CMI8738AudioDriver.kext

Hey, I used the root account , I copied "CMI8738AudioDriver.kext" to /System/Library/Extensions

and then, I do "chown -R root:wheel CMI8738AudioDriver.kext", it returns nothing, then I do "kextload CMI8738AudioDriver.kext", it gives me an error, like the following:

"kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738AudioDriver.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)"

Why I still donot have the permission? Could you help me? Thanks

Hey, I used the root account , I copied "CMI8738AudioDriver.kext" to /System/Library/Extensions

and then, I do "chown -R root:wheel CMI8738AudioDriver.kext", it returns nothing, then I do "kextload CMI8738AudioDriver.kext", it gives me an error, like the following:

"kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738AudioDriver.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)"

Why I still donot have the permission? Could you help me? Thanks

try

find CMI8738AudioDriver.kext -type d -exec /bin/chmod 0755 {} \;
find CMI8738AudioDriver.kext -type f -exec /bin/chmod 0644 {} \;

Thanks, now it works very well, Haha!

B)

new version: http://members.tripod.de/candyass/CMI8738P...er-0.6.1.tar.gz - mute and volume changing works now

installation: Open a terminal, cd to the download directory, tar xzvf CMI8738PCIAudioDriver-0.6.1.tar.gz, ./install.sh, enter your root password and you're done.

source code: http://members.tripod.de/candyass/CMI8738P....6.1-src.tar.gz

new version: http://members.tripod.de/candyass/CMI8738P...er-0.6.1.tar.gz - mute and volume changing works now

installation: Open a terminal, cd to the download directory, tar xzvf CMI8738PCIAudioDriver-0.6.1.tar.gz, ./install.sh, enter your root password and you're done.

source code: http://members.tripod.de/candyass/CMI8738P....6.1-src.tar.gz

Odd situation here: If I load the kext, usb, ethernet and everything stops working. But sound does. I unloaded it and all went back. When rebooting after the script instalation, it shows up a lot of quick load stuff, its unreadable.

Asus p4b533 (i845) CMI 8738

What is the problem with this kext and the rest of the system?

can someone tell me if my sound card works with this kext...

The thing is i loaded the kext... it show like there's a card detected, but it doesn't make sound... i tried:

-The MIDI Audio Setup

-Change the speakers to the mic input...

-I don't have front output for audio

I have tried the info about AppleAC97Driver...

i put 0x70121039 in the Info.plist... but i don't have sound... :)

Thanks if anybody can help...

----------------

From C-Media 3D Audio Configuration:

Audio Codec: CMI9739A

Audio Controller: SIS 7012 Series Audio Controller

---------------

From DirectX:

Description: C-Media Wave Device

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_A00A1019&REV_A0

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: cmuda.sys

Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0039 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Debug

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Date and Size: 11/6/2003 02:59:58, 755392 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: C-Media Inc.

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0xF5F

Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 100000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 17, 16

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 17, 16

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

Sensaura ZoomFX: Yes

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: Not run

Odd situation here: If I load the kext, usb, ethernet and everything stops working. But sound does. I unloaded it and all went back. When rebooting after the script instalation, it shows up a lot of quick load stuff, its unreadable.

Asus p4b533 (i845) CMI 8738

What is the problem with this kext and the rest of the system?

could you check on what interrupts usb/ethernet/etc r? it could be a problem with the interrupt handler.

could you check on what interrupts usb/ethernet/etc r? it could be a problem with the interrupt handler.

i have a similar problem, when the CMI8738 driver is loaded my NIC stops working (ifconfig en0 shows it's still there though)

i noticed this issue after i the first reboot so i moved the kext to a different folder so it's not loaded on startup and sure enough the nic worked again

i manually loaded the kext from a different folder while doing a ping to my router and the sound started working again and the ping kept working too

i'm going to try adding a manual kext load in my etc/rc file but right now i'm listening to some jazz radio station via itunes so it's all currently working!

would like to know if there's a proper fix though, like where did the CMI8738 kext come from? the darwin cd? if so which version?

how do you check interrupts etc in darwin/osx?

would like to know if there's a proper fix though, like where did the CMI8738 kext come from?  the darwin cd? if so which version?

I wrote the extension from the scratch. I'd fix it, but first I need to be able to reconstruct the error. my best guess is the interrupt handler.

what boot parameters do you use? is the interrupt of the cmi8738 used by other devices, e.g. your network card?

ioreg -l lists IRQs iirc.

I wrote the extension from the scratch. I'd fix it, but first I need to be able to reconstruct the error. my best guess is the interrupt handler.

what boot parameters do you use? is the interrupt of the cmi8738 used by other devices, e.g. your network card?

ioreg -l lists IRQs iirc.

here's a link to an ioreg -l dump:

http://www.hydras-world.com/files/osx/ioreg.txt

that's *without* the kext loaded, i'll do another one with it loaded in a moment

I recreated the files using "ioreg -l -w 0" the -w 0 makes ioreg not limit the lines to a specific length.

Without CMI kext loaded

http://www.hydras-world.com/files/osx/ioreg.txt

With CMI kext manually loaded

http://www.hydras-world.com/files/osx/ioreg-with.txt

Note, sometimes my nic works until i reboot, sometimes it stops working after a short duration.

Note2: i'm unable to move the cmi card into a different pci slot (i'm using a small form factor pc with only ONE pci slot)

dogbert contacted me via irc (hi dogbert!) and he quickly hacked together a couple of test versions for me and the second one of them worked great! nic + sound even after a cold boot.

mad props (as they say) to dogbert :):D :D :D

i'm sure he'll post a url below when he's uploaded it somewhere for you kidz

with the help of hydrasworld, I was able to find and eliminate the bug. thanks again, pal!

no problem and thanks for the fast turnaround on this, there's a great many motherboards out there with the CMI8738 chip on so I'm sure lots of other people will be thanking you too!

now all we need is that 1.0.0 you've been talking about!

with the help of hydrasworld, I was able to find and eliminate the bug. thanks again, pal!

drivers: http://members.tripod.de/candyass/CMI8738P...er-0.6.4.tar.gz

source: http://members.tripod.de/candyass/CMI8738P....6.4-src.tar.gz

Can not download CMI driver :(

I'd like to mirror both drivers and source for you at kmric.com

would you send me a copy?

my email : kmnesp@163.com/nespric@gmail.com