Cmedia 8738

Pons

228 posts in this topic

I've installed the 10.5 version on my system with a ECS 945GCT-M/1333 mobo (IDT audio not working/disabled).

Anyways the system seems to work great, but... on a cold start-up the network does not work, and when I watch youtube in full screen some times when I go back into regular mode there is a kernel panic and the system asks me to push the reset button...

Anyways any help would be great in this issue. Oh by the way I used kext helper to install Maybe there is something more I need to do?

• 3 weeks later...
I just recompiled this old driver from Dogbert for 10.5.3, no idea if it still works.

It's for 8738/8768 cards, maybe some other models work too.

Hey Krazubu! Thank you so much for this... I have audio now! =)

I was wondering if I could work/learn for a input mic in the kext now... could you post the source code? or the source is the same of 10.4.x?

Tks again! =)

I just recompiled this old driver from Dogbert for 10.5.3, no idea if it still works.

Yes Baby! It Works on Jas 10.5.4 @ Club 3D Theatron Agrippa 7.1

BIG Thx Krazubu !!! :(:P:D

• 2 weeks later...

HI Everyone :D

I Just wanna say Thank YOU, and thx in advance to Dogbert.

I Install Kext with Kext Helper and no errors :P And working good my sound card.

I Use Kallyway 10.5.2 on a MoBo Intel D945GTP and a Genius C-Media 8738 on PCI

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes Baby! It Works on Jas 10.5.4 @ Club 3D Theatron Agrippa 7.1

BIG Thx Krazubu !!! :D :D :D

I've also got JaS 10.5.4 and I've given up on my on board sound (ALC860 on an Intel 915 mobo) and fitted a Cmi8738 based PCI card, but I can't see exactly how to install this kext. The install.sh file seems to be something to do with it, but dragging this into terminal just throws up a lot of "no such file or directory" errors.

I'm a newbie, please help. I managed to load a kext for the onboard video, but that came with precise instructions...

and do all the inputs and outputs work, or just stereo out?

• 1 month later...

Works for me

Bought a cheap Pci card on eby Xwave somethinh with a 8738 ...

keystat:

67 0 0x24ae5000 0x5000 0x4000 com.homebrew.driver.CMI8738Audio (0.6.4) <66 17 12>

io/pci

0b:07.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 [13f6:0111] (rev 10)

Stereo output, didn't try mic in yet, but guess it won't work.

THANX!!!!! :shock:

iDeneb

Darwin test-tests-macpro31.local 9.2.2 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.2: Tue Mar 4 21:17:34 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.4.31~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

This kext works for 2ch sound .

didn't show up in the about this mac menu

and something strange

there will be a pausing sound when the system is on for like 15 - 20 mins

like . tick tick tick tick tick tick like a skiping track . sound still work tho just have the tick tick tick sound . very loud too . and forever until i restart .. is this only me ?

Hi everyone!

I am using kalway Leopard 10.5.2 for 6 days :thumbsup_anim:

My onBoard card sound has broken and today i have bought this card:

http://st-lab.com/products.asp

C-Media 8738 4 Channel Sound Card - this is wroten on the back of the box

Please someone give me some links of downloads, and step-by-step (for n00bs in Mac) because i have read the firs 2 pages and the latest page, but i did not understand :).

Please help me!

Hi,

I installed Krazubu's kext on 10.5.6. It seems to load (kextstat shows it, kextunload does not work) but I don't get sound and it's also not listed in the system information screen. I got a Terratec Aureon 5.1 PCI.

Could it be a problem with 10.5.6? How could I debug further? I do net get any error messages on bootup / in dmesg.

lspci -nn

18:07.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 [13f6:0111] (rev 10)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Krazubu for the kext. I have been trying to get my onboard adi 198x to work after getting my cmedia8738 pci card working (with so far what seems to be output only). Somehow I managed to mess up my drivers and instead of sound from my speakers I got nasty clicks of slight distortion that seemed troubling. Replacing my drivers with your posted kext put that trouble away ! ;)

Now finding a solution to my onboard sound is the next step for me.

Well... I got my Speedlink 7.1 card to work with this driver, so thanks very much !

Question is: I use the SPDIF output, do I have support for 5.1 sound in Mac OS X ?

Probably yes.

But hey people please make input work...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Sorry I'm late! I'll try the new version now and see if the problem with hydrasworld was the same as mine. Post back in a few...

sorry bro, i'm a new commer, i have a problem downloading cmi8738audiodriver. can you send me a copy of that driver. thx a lot bro.

my email : bian_megaloman@yahoo.com

Thank you, works great (audio out on headphones at least) on 10.5.6 iDeneb with c-media cmi8768. Didn't tested the rest functions yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...