• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

differenthink

differenthink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Ok on my Wind Mic is not working either... but audio OUT with ou without headphones works fine now !
Hope that the mic problem will be solved, ll be awesome !

Great works, thx !

Fedelaos

Fedelaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
In the MSI Wind U-100 the volume control doesn't work, even in mute the audio is at 100% volume, do you think compiling it my self instead of using the downloaded one would make a difference?

Thank you Voodoo team!

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
Nice to see this out! It's partially working here on a CMI9880. Output works, but no input device is detected. Also, the volume slider in the menu bar doesn't work. If you slide all the way down it mutes, otherwise it's full volume.

Considering this looks to be a pain of a codec, it's good to see it working at all :(

I used the precompiled kext as I didn't want to download a 1gb xcode update just to compile a kext.

http://img8.imagesha...picture1ejq.png

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hello,
I've just tested it and the only thing that doesn't work is Pin Sense. I've seen it is supposed supported so I attached a codec dump if needed. Jack detection works under linux but always caused trouble with AppleHDA.kext (lots of message at boot time).

Other less important thing : SRS iWow makes iTunes crash if enabled since I installed it.

Thank you very much!

Attached Files

mastrchee

mastrchee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired
  • 66 posts

grippa:

1. download voodoohda source
1.install xcode
2. in terminal, change directory where voodoohda files are located.
3. type: sudo helper.sh

thanks mate :) got it to work

kitmac

kitmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Ok tried it on EP35-DS3L.....
System profiler didnt show built in audio and
Upon waking from sleep the sound became distorted.

Im back with apple hda and enabler

slashack

slashack

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

VoodooHDA is an open source audio driver for devices compliant with the Intel High Definition Audio (HDA) specification, based primarily on code from the FreeBSD hdac driver. It is intended as an Intel-only replacement for AppleHDA on Mac OS X with support for a wide range of audio controllers and codecs.

http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/

My apologies to those who have been waiting for these sources to get released, but real life has been busy lately and unfortunately I haven't had nor will I have much time to devote to this project. I am releasing the source code for VoodooHDA, which I have been using for the past few months with no major problems or stability issues. There is, however, no official binary release at this time due to my inability to maintain and support such a release.

If there are any developers out there interested in joining or adopting this project, please email me (this username at gmail) and I will add you as a member to the Google Code project. For the time being, if you are interested in testing the driver you must check out and compile it yourself - for instructions go to the project site listed above and click on the "Source" tab. Be sure to read through Readme.txt for an overview of the state of the driver.

Ok, so i want to test it. I can code, debug, etc. Is there anywhere i could fill a bug report, any log u need, descriptions, etc?

Currently everything worked for me except for internal speakers on mi dell 1420.

mastrchee

mastrchee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired
  • 66 posts
and...then..there...was sound.
thanks man.
after months of no sound, my speakers on the little mini are alive again.

but...

(1) volume control doesnt work properly. you have to adjust PCM to actually adjust volume, i dont think its an accurate representation though.

(2) volume control resets after a reboot. you have to readjust.

anyways, apart from those bugs, which i know will be fixed later on, im more than happy to have working sound on my mini - something is better than nothing.

mac1535

mac1535

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
On Dell Studio 15, I can barely hear the sound from internal speakers even with volume set to max. The Headphone's output is fine. Is there anyway to correct this problem?

mastrchee

mastrchee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired
  • 66 posts

On Dell Studio 15, I can barely hear the sound from internal speakers even with volume set to max. The Headphone's output is fine. Is there anyway to correct this problem?

try adjusting the pcm volume

slashack

slashack

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Still no sound from internal speakers.

mac1535

mac1535

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Yes, it works good now. Thanks :(

mastrchee

mastrchee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired
  • 66 posts
tell me one thing guys,

my volume settings dont save - it resets everytime i reboot/sleep the mini, and i have to set it to full (the 'PCM' one) each time to get the volume high.

does this happen to eveyrone else who's used it as well? btw im using the precompiled kext posted here.

Chuckee.2002

Chuckee.2002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
All praises to you! What a genius!

My audio is finally working (HP 1001TU)

markpenn

markpenn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
tried on my ALC268 (HP-dv6500)

good: after weaking up, there is still sound, but with noise.

bad: mic stopped working completely.

and I am having the common bugs people are having here, too.

please help me if you have the same chip, and you are smart too to update the kext.

thanks again , to author and the people here, and the forum.

drewkie

drewkie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi installed this kext and finally got audio on the mini. Installed and working on HP Mini 1030NR.

The mic currently does not work but will try to figure out why later unless someone else gets it.

Audio is a little weak and will try to look around to get it fixed unless someone knows how.
Also the FN mute option does not mute the audio. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for finally getting this out there.

JackHair

JackHair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
It's also working on HP 6720s with ADI1981. I did only have speaker-out with the ADI1981 Azalia kext, but with this one all in/outs seem to get detected. I finally get sound on headphones! Haven't tested input yet.

After sleep the PCM volume gets reset, and audio is distorted. I hope this gets fixed soon!

sebus

sebus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
On Intel D915GAG with P4 3Gh HT, 10.5.6 Voodoo kernel 1.0 I get kernel panic when loading the kext

panic (cpu 1 caller 0x21C7EA43): allocMem: failed assertion 'addr'

sebus

crazybyte

crazybyte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
How about using it on ALC662?

mastrchee

mastrchee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired
  • 66 posts

On Intel D915GAG with P4 3Gh HT, 10.5.6 Voodoo kernel 1.0 I get kernel panic when loading the kext

panic (cpu 1 caller 0x21C7EA43): allocMem: failed assertion 'addr'

sebus

i think you need the vanilla kernal to get this working properly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy