• 214 posts
and over 1700 members! :)

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Our server was disconnected as the automated monthly payment was declined by my credit card. This is due to low funds as our only support for the server is via donations, and they have fallen to close to nothing. At the moment I am trying to get the server online for a short time, as we can't afford paying for another month as it is now, so I can fetch the latest backups of everything, then we will have to work it out from there.

piratx

piratx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Our server was disconnected as the automated monthly payment was declined by my credit card. This is due to low funds as our only support for the server is via donations, and they have fallen to close to nothing. At the moment I am trying to get the server online for a short time, as we can't afford paying for another month as it is now, so I can fetch the latest backups of everything, then we will have to work it out from there.

I can host the site i told you, what's your problem?

TheDoh123

TheDoh123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

ouch.... I never saw any huge warning banner saying "THIS SITE WILL BE GONE ON AUGUST 25th IF YOU DO NOT DONATE NOW!!!" which really stinks... might have gotten some more donations from people for at least a bit....

maybe need to find a cheaper way to host the site somewhere else?

I knew I should of made a backup list for my Wineskin to do list :-P but no biggie I can still figure it all out when I get back to it next week.

crowie

crowie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yep it's perhaps the dead of the TEAM...

no more wrappers for you...

if you will donate or host the site and forum... contact LOCO!

Thank you, Crowie an active member of the team

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Thanks for the support guys. I didn't know about this because I've been busy with my own life. Then all of a sudden the latest payment didn't go through meaning they disconnected us. I am exchanging emails with them at the moment with the help of a friend, and hopefully they will put the server online for a few minutes to give enough time to get backups of our latest work. After that we will have to work out what to do.

devilhunter

devilhunter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
now that came out of nowhere, i thought we were in the green.
I sent you a email to your hotmail account, loco.

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Sorry dont check that account anymore. But I managed to answer. Check your inbox. And yeah, it got me by surprise too.

jimjimjimbob

jimjimjimbob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Could we use free hosting or ask someone like C4M to give us a section on their forum? This would mean that the team would loose certain privileges and admins wouldn't be in charge any more, but it'd keep the dream alive.

jsway

jsway

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey, ive been reading some of these posts and following this via twitter and such. i dont have any pull here but as someone that used the site for a short time and who also uses other forums, i was getting used to and liking the way the forum was laid out and used. personally, i feel it would be a loss if you were to use a section on someone else's forum. but that is just my humble opinion.

jsway

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Right latest update: We have convinced our provider to give us a short period of time for backups as we cannot afford this month with our hosting company. So, today I have made backups of the latest that there is. So most importantly nothing has been lost! To prevent loss of any more posts after the backup i have disabled the forum. I am not sure why the server is still up as it was meant to be taken offline again at 11 GMT. But nevertheless, the most important thing has been taken care off. I am in the middle of exams so I sadly can not devote myself to organising a new host and restoring the backups and doing all the changes needed once on a new host and I can not predict how long this will take.

Given the current financial status we have decided to cancel our contract for this month with our host since our credit card payment failed in the first place. Since the host we are(or were) with currently are very reliable and responsive I would prefer not to change providers. It is (hopefully) likely that our financial status will return to a more stable level over the next month and the site will be restored asap. If we find any temporary inexpensive solution until we return to our host we will keep you updated. Until then, keep porting and keep believing in the game porting team.

All further updates will be announced in this thread until further notice.

Sidenote: I agree with jsway on the topic of using a subsection on another forum.

CodinGuru

CodinGuru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Wow this sucks for you guys. I hope you get things sorted out. I am a big fan of the Game Porting Team so don't give up the dream. You should send an email to all the forum users to let them know what has happened.

dafootballer

dafootballer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
yeah i would recommend that too so are we going to get it back on eventually?

slacker25

slacker25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
no funds dafootballer looks like no

dafootballer

dafootballer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
nah it will get back on eventually just when is the question

devilhunter

devilhunter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Currently we are in search of a new hosting company, we had some weird problems with the old one. (takes too long to explain)
I know that loco PM'd piratx about his offer to host the site, and we'll see to what things work out from this.
Personally i think we'll go to another provider again, if someone knows a good provider that has these specs for an account please post them here:

-Linux Hosting
-about 250 to 500 MB of disk space
-unlimited bandwidth
-should have a monthly plan of about 10 $/pound or so

The last one we were at before our current one was good at first (hostgd), until they got eaten by another company and then nuked our entire database. Repeatedly.

Currently only loco has the full backup of the iBrain domain (Blogs and Forum), but he has his Exams at the moment and is very busy.
So the Game Porting Team will fully return (i think within a week or so), until then have some fun in the sun; think of it as the GPT's summer break ;)

cya
dev

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
To clear this up: We will be back, only when is the question. But we are working on it and during the backup time we had I have emailed all forum members with a link to this thread.

@devilhunter: check your pm

TheDoh123

TheDoh123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

So the Game Porting Team will fully return (i think within a week or so), until then have some fun in the sun; think of it as the GPT's summer break :)

a break? i gotta get Wineskin working! finally got time to work on it again, maybe i can have a new version ready to go by the time the site is back up.

devilhunter

devilhunter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

a break? i gotta get Wineskin working! finally got time to work on it again, maybe i can have a new version ready to go by the time the site is back up.

I asked loco to PM you the topic about the Wineskin wrapper.
(extracting it from the site's backups should work)

MoDFoX

MoDFoX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
If you're interested I could talk to my host, he's pretty good with prices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy