• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

rjtd

rjtd

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I have a problem that the keyboard does not repeat the keys, if I keep pressing them.
Is there any fix for this issue?

StormBringerSword

StormBringerSword

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

My keyboard still doesn`t work. I try a few pathes(Enchanced PS2/Hacked), tried some tricks /etc/rc. Kext loaded but keyboard doesn`t respond.

I have notebook LG LS75-p4jr and usb mouse. JAS 10.4.8. HELP ME PLEASE!

Same problem on LG LS70 Express!!!
Someone can help here?

muzzle

muzzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Installed OSX on my Acer Extensa 2300 series (pretty old lappy) today, this kext fixed my keyboard, however only momentarily and then it randomly stops again. meh

Now on the to do list: wifi (pcmcia ralink), onboard lan, touchpad mouse, full screen resolution.

Edited by muzzle, 09 February 2007 - 02:27 PM.

muzzle

muzzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Update: Keyboard works so long as I dont touch the touchpad, onboard lan is working, pcmcia card support is not, and yet to have achieved 1280x800.

RocKWooD

RocKWooD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Did not work for me. Also I lost my touch pad. It was working till. Need the original appleps2controller.kext and information for how to restore my touchpad with it. Thanks anyway good work.

vitalo

vitalo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Did not work for me. Also I lost my touch pad. It was working till. Need the original appleps2controller.kext and information for how to restore my touchpad with it. Thanks anyway good work.

I`ll recomend you to visit this page(solution almost all problem)
Usefull files

Your touchpad stop working because you rename ApplePS2Trackpad.kext->ApplePS2Trackpad.kext.bak and it doesn`t loaded. Try command kextstat in terminal. If it didn`t show you`d rename this kext to original name ApplePS2Trackpad.kext and type kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext.

Maybe you use conflict driver then try ALPS driver(it helped me)

JE

JE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
This fixed my problem with my Keyboard and Trackpad not being detected. Thanks! :|

Sony Vaio VGN-S150.

onTecHno

onTecHno

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!

I also tried this with my Asus A8N-Sli, using a PS2-Keyboard from Logitech: no success.

Since I don't have a USB-Keyboard I tried it with the Windows-Macdrive method, overwrote the ApplePS2 Kexts, renamed the trackpad and the mouse kexts and booted natively. I can use the keyboard during boot (he prints the keys), but after starting the graphical interface, it doesnn't work anymore.

TubGirlAMD1048 release.

I couldn't try it with the JaS release yet, because I can't integrate the nforce4sata into the dvd (some permission error {censored}).

digiplaya2005

digiplaya2005

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I'm still left in the dark here...I noticed my FN or function keys don't work at all with my setup (gateway mx6214).

Keyboard/touchpad don't respond no matter what.

Is my PS/2 bus not being detected by my OSX 10.4.8 jas?

Tom A

prinzaali

prinzaali

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It worked on Sony VAIO VGN-T1XP !! I mean the patch. for the procedure I did went another road as I couldn't enter the root password in terminal with Jas 10.4.7. I rebooted under root, applied the sudo commands under Terminal and here it is ! Thank you so much SmilE !!!!

Rantamplan

Rantamplan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

My native notebook keyboard did not work "out of the box".

I downloaded ApplePS2 driver source from Apple's developer site, hacked them a little (added self-test to keyboard enabling method) and my notebook's keyboard (notebook: LG LS50, Centrino (SSE2 only), ATI Radeon M10 (9600)) works almost perfect.

I give no guarantee, that it'll work with your's specific keyboard, but you can try. May be I'll continue to develop this driver. I'm totally newbie to MacOSX developing, so...

How to install:

1. download
2. unzip
3. copy it to /System/Library/Extensions (something like "cp -R ApplePS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/" in terminal)
4. modify owner (something like "chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext" in terminal)

before entering commands in terminal, switch to superuser mode ("su", press enter and enter password)

Reboot, unplug USB keyboard and enjoy (if you can).

Hello!

I have got a lg S1-P151B! Do you think can will work for me?
Many thanks

I downloaded ApplePS2 driver source from Apple's developer site, hacked them a little (added self-test to keyboard enabling method) and my notebook's keyboard (notebook: LG LS50, Centrino (SSE2 only), ATI Radeon M10 (9600)) works almost perfect.

I give no guarantee, that it'll work with your's specific keyboard, but you can try. May be I'll continue to develop this driver. I'm totally newbie to MacOSX developing, so...

How to install:

1. download
2. unzip
3. copy it to /System/Library/Extensions (something like "cp -R ApplePS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/" in terminal)
4. modify owner (something like "chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext" in terminal)

before entering commands in terminal, switch to superuser mode ("su", press enter and enter password)

Hello!
I Have got LG S1-P151B with the same problem! Do you think will work to me?
Many thanks

Rantamplan

Rantamplan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

How to install:

1. download
2. unzip

I Have a LG-S1-P151B but I did not fix the problem with appleps2controller.ketx ver.10.4.1 or 10.4.3 without any modifications.If anyone can I help me?Cheers

Rantamplan

Rantamplan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Allright dude! I also have an LG laptop, but LS 70 express model and my keyboard doesn't work too. Thank god that someone developed a patch... Will try patch as soon as get home from work Posted Image

Hello! I have got a LG S1!

Do you find any solution for the keyboard LG users?

Cheers!

Szak1

Szak1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi, I did it, it works awesome and I'm going to gave you step by step Instruction (Del Inspiron 2650)
Native Keyboard and TauchPad Works Flowless :D

1) Go to HardDisk>Applications>Utilities> (and turn on terminal)
2) (Tupe in Terminal) sundo nano /etc/rc (Push Enter)
3)(It Will Ask you Password: and type in your user pasword and push ENTER)
4)(It Will open rc file and navigation menu on the bottom, push CONTROL+V untill you go to the and of the fille)
5) (Betwan) if [ "${VerboseFlag}" != "-v" ]; then
/usr/libexec/WaitingForLoginWindow
fi

(Line and) exit0 (line insert this code:)

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

6)(Push CONTROL+O, to activate saving potion, Push CONTROL+T, to activate "save to file option")
7)(navigate down and right in to a fille list untill you find "rc" file, get cursor on top of it and push enter, it'll save changes)
8)(Push Control+X, to exite rc fille)
9)(Tupe in exit in terminal, close terminal and reboot)

Hopefully itll be work
good luck.

/etc/rc method worked for me.
Desktop computer with usb mouse and ps/2 keyboard.

used a usb keyboard to make these changes.

needs some testing, though, i hope it won't freeze after 10 mins :thumbsup_anim:

YureZzZ

YureZzZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
My system is freezinf when I have my ps/2 keybord connected. With USB everything works nice.

Will your driver solve my problem?

P.S.Privet zemlyak :-)

Rantamplan

Rantamplan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Well, a day passed. Driver works normally, without any problems (I work with another drivers now, so I do reboot often and so on). Even display backlight keys works (combinations with Fn key) and volume button works.

If anybody is interested - I've updated one more driver. PCCard now works for me. It's a Texas Instruments chipset. As I remember, TI7620. If anybody needs this updated driver, I can upload it here.

Please Bavaev Can you pass me the kext PS2Controller and PCCard? Cheers

LG S1-P151B

MalayZN22

MalayZN22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Yes I have the same problem touchpad works keyboard doesn't........ Stupid LG using PS/2 for the keyboard. Ummm so my laptop is te lg T1 so far nothing works but touch pad native 1280 by 800 =D I tried the intel wifi drivers froze my laptop telling me to power down and restart and would keep doing it till reinstall ummm besides that nothing else much to report.

RHanson

RHanson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Has anyone used either of the PS2 drivers mentioned here on Leopard? Another LG laptop user here trying furiously to be able to type... :(

Rishikesh

Rishikesh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I tried on my LG Laptop RD400 but it is not working. Please give me a working keyboard driver for my laptop.

shaybc

shaybc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Java development, Online gaming, Internet Surfing, and Good Food!
hi,

i have LG W1 and the fix did not work 4 me.

i have found no solution for my computer, so i have decided to create one of my own,
i started reading about apple driver development and iokit related articles, got several keyboard/ps2 source code but i need some hints regurding what to change and play with in order to make it work can you describe a little what was your approh of hacking it?

10x ahead,
Shay.bc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy