Hacked PS/2 Driver :)

babaev

210 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive installed OSX 10.5.6 Retail onto my Inspiron 1520, however when I start leopard it goes into this "wizard" which tells me "Mac cannot detect a keyboard/keypad, please plug it in", I can't get pass this screen and go into leopard/finder to install/change files!!!

Please, Please help me, How do I install this kext when I cannot access files?!

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
Ive installed OSX 10.5.6 Retail onto my Inspiron 1520, however when I start leopard it goes into this "wizard" which tells me "Mac cannot detect a keyboard/keypad, please plug it in", I can't get pass this screen and go into leopard/finder to install/change files!!!

Please, Please help me, How do I install this kext when I cannot access files?!

Matt

Plug in a USB keyboard and mouse temporarily.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if babaev is still watching this thread, but I am wondering where to get the driver source. I looked around a bit on the dev site (free account) but I couldn't find anything. Anyone know if it is still available and where to get it? I have a dell e6500 and it has a dualpoint input (stick in the middle of the keyboard and a touchpad). The touchpad doesn't work at all for me and I think I found some hints as to why at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/991762 If someone has the source, maybe they could try to implement a similar patch in the kext. Or if someone can help me get the sourc I can give it a try myself.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great driver - ApplePS2kexts_10.5.6.ready.zip

It enabled TOSHIBA A200-21T Keyboard AND Touchpad, without any modification - only chmod/chown like in linux space...

I can also use, without problems, the external USB keyboad and mouse at the same time (used to be the only "choice" i had)...

Great job.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now using Vanilla 10.5.7 and the *.kext didn't work. It worked with my old install but not this one.

Has anyone updated it or posted it?

Does anyone know how to make this kext 10.5.7 Ready?

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

Plz Thanks for help!

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed the 10.5.8 update and my Touchpad (Trackpad) and Keyboard doesn't work on my Laptop. I upgraded from iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6) and my touchpad and keyboard was working fine before i upgraded.

I have an Acer Aspire 5310 Laptop.

- Bass

EDIT:

Nevermind, luckily before i updated from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 i made a backup of my extensions using OSX86 Tools and restored them when the update was complete.

My Touchpad, Keyboard, and Sound now work =D

Then I decided to have a go with the chameleon rc2 bootloader and it works great! It looks awsome man i recomend anyone to get it.

Also i had to reinstall the seatbelt kext to prevent kernel panics on mounting dmg's.

What i need to get fixed is the sleep, because it just doesn't work. Before i installed chameleon rc2 i had the command line darwin bootloader and when i went to boot up it said something about sleep failed and hibernate failed, I'm not sure what it said, so that might be a reason why it aint working, but hey the chameleon rc2 might have fixed it??

I will reply with the answer, i will go on check now.

Just installed the 10.5.8 update and my Touchpad (Trackpad) and Keyboard doesn't work on my Laptop. I upgraded from iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6) and my touchpad and keyboard was working fine before i upgraded.

I have an Acer Aspire 5310 Laptop.

- Bass

EDIT:

Nevermind, luckily before i updated from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 i made a backup of my extensions using OSX86 Tools and restored them when the update was complete.

My Touchpad, Keyboard, and Sound now work =D

I did the same, but sadly didn't backup. Any help on which extensions you used to fix the problem? Thanks.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
try ApplePS2kexts_10.5.6.ready.zip

It Works!!!!

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 (aka dv6699ee) and now i can use my mouse!!!!!

Steps

1-I dont know how to install kext threw terminal but there is a GUI app that is avalable

http://cheetha.net/ (from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t42130.html )

2-run Kext Helper b7 and install all(2) kext on it threw Kext Helper b7 or the terminal

3-OPTIONAL you can delete the Extensions.mkext before you restart your pc

4-Then Restart and it works!!!! :):D

Note: this is on iPC 10.5.6

• 1 month later...

Hi there guy`s ... I have a problem, I have update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 (Kalyway 10.5.2 dist) and when I have update to 10.5.6 after reboot my PS2 mouse and PS2 keyboard`s stops working... I have search`d for some tip`s but didn`t find anything... some advice`s ?? please

big thanks

• 1 month later...

My Laptop: Gateway MT6723

Intel chip: working

CPU: working

Video: working

Audio: working with a bit craking

Wireless: working

Trackpad: working

Apple USB Mouse: working

SD Card Reader: working

Laptop Keyboard: Not working at all

Installation DVD: iAKTOS v7 10.5.7

I've installed ACPI fix and ps/2 patch, tried the voodoo one and ApplePS2kexts_10.5.6.ready

None of them worked...

I'm currently using the Apple USB keyboard.

Is there a update ps2 kext for 10.5.7?

Or it is still unsolvable now?

Please Help~ Thank You

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried it. It works, but the string in the BIOS said "Vista string", and that irritated me a bit... also didnt help at all under Windows XP so I reverted it.

It cant be done on non-HP machine, though, sadly. The tool is only available for HP BIOS. It should be abundantly clear now that ION LE is ION... so you can just force a driver install with the ION drivers and youll get yourself ION.

• 2 weeks later...