Hacked PS/2 Driver :)

babaev

210 posts in this topic

Well i dont know exactly what you have been putting in your rc file, but here is the end of mine, and this has worked for all 10.4.3 builds that give a time out when they try and load the kext automatically on boot

<snip>

if [ "${VerboseFlag}" != "-v" ]; then
/usr/libexec/WaitingForLoginWindow
fi

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

exit 0

--

bedrock

• 2 months later...

Need Help with this driver. I installed but on reboot I received a message saying the driver was not installed correctly and could not be loaded. I have a Gateway keyboard incase this is of any help. Thanks

Dear Babaev, how about special keys on notebook keyboard, like Fn+"something" ? Do you have any progress with "Volume Up/Dn", "Brightness Up/Dn" keys support?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a USB keyboard just to get it working but so far can't. (ie external keyboard works ok but no point using it as its bigger than the whole laptop :censored2:).

So far have downloaded the Xcode 2.2 from apple's website (so I can compile stuff), downloaded the source from Darwin 8.5, 8.4 and 8.3 but cant compile either of the three packages, keeps saying that some .h files missing in the subdirs of the source package (can confirm they are not there).

Has anyone been able to recompile an 10.4.1/10.4.3 ApplePS2Controller under 10.4.5 ?

I have a kernel panic with ApplePS2Controller with FPU segment overrun error. I try to compile ApplePS2Controller from darwin 8.4 sources but i get the following errors :

ApplePS2Controller.cpp: error: converting from `void(ApplePS2Controller::*)(IOInterruptEventSource*, int)' to `void (*)(OSObject*, IOInterruptEventSource*, int)' in a kext. Use OSMemberFunctionCast() instead.

3 of theses when creating interrupts

i'm new on os x devlopment and further kext ! got to find documentation on iokit and that kind of stuff.

ok, I finally manage to compile ApplePS2Controlller.kext from darwin 8.4 sources. But I messed up with others kext, so I'm now reinstalling from dvd, then I'll try my new kext. I hope i don't get that damn exception 9 coprocessor segment overrun thing !!

ok, here it is !

:) Warning ! :construction:

I haven't test it yet !!

So be sure, you know how to get back or have usb keyboard and mouse, or transmac to delete the kext if it doesn't work !

os X install in progresse, I'll test it soon

Merci :)

ok, I just test it.

Works like "old" kext under vmware,

do the same error booting natively :construction:

FPU segment overrun exception in kernel thread context

I really don't know what causes that exception 9

I disassemble the ApplePS2Controller and found no FPU code in there, maybe in keyboard, mouse or trackpad kext. I have to investigate further...

Any idea is welcome :)

u know what billmaudit : ive tried to use ur PS2Controller.kext on my Desktop PC working fine and it "broked" my mouse support the keyb was working fine no such error

i should try it with my VAIO notebook...but i warn u after using ur kext and switching back to the original i had a big permission error that i had to fix retyping the main Maxxuss command under -S at the darwin bootloader

maybe u should try on another computer

How did that work on your viao cyclone. I think i have the same computer as you and the keyboard and mouse do not work. Im not sure how to do the kext replacement so im interested to see if someone can get it working before I even attempt... Lemme know!

ok, here it is !

:construction: Warning ! :construction:

I haven't test it yet !!

So be sure, you know how to get back or have usb keyboard and mouse, or transmac to delete the kext if it doesn't work !

os X install in progress, I'll test it soon

Hi, cannot find the link for your kext, may be you have remove it. I own a Sony Vaio S2XP and I would be interested in testing your keyboard driver, as the keyboad does not work with 10.4.5 on it. Seems that it work on CycloneFR (salut) Vaio.

Thanks