• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Pukos

Pukos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I forget to say that i'm not using an usb hd but an internal hd with 2 partition!!! It must work!!

So?

killjoy

killjoy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
would someone please seed this sucker! I'm getting way to inpatient for this. By the way what are the benifits over 10.4.5 anyways?

flibblesan

flibblesan

Lenovo hackbook guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
JaS 10.4.6 DVD, working fine here.

Intel P4 1.6, 512mb, Intel i845G board, Geforce2 MX400 using MacVidia drivers, 10/100 Realtek card, onboard audio working fine.

I used an SSE2 patch and it seems alright. Slowdown due to no 2D accellaration but thats coming soon! :)

Guest: goodtime_*

• Guests
How do you like the MacVidia drivers?

I have been thinking about taking an old PC at work and putting 10.4.6 on it. It has a GeForce 4 MX AGP card inside it.

Goodtime

To me, 10.4.6 on Intel seems a little faster. 10.4.6 also has better Burn Folder support (it can make a Mac / Windows Compatible data CD/DVD) without the need for third party burn software.

JaS

JaS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,487 posts
great guys keep the feedback coming,also if your having boot issues i have released a ppf to fix that for some users,also fixed the need to run the amd enabler after boot and added ATI ATA support here is the diesription for the torent

!!!!!READ THIS !!!!!!!
If you have AMD and dont want to run the amd enabler after the install , Have a ATI ATA Controller or got the b0 error when installing this iso please get this ppf and add it to the iso before you burn it

so if your having this issues please get this ppf and apply it to the JaS 10.4.6 install dvd

• Guests
Pukos,

Try setting the Mac OS X Partition to the Active Partition. (Can be done in Windows)

Set the timeout in your boot configuration file to 10 - 90 seconds. You should be able to dual boot that way.

Goodtime

Giedriux001

Giedriux001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Fresh installed it on HP ZD8000 laptop.
It was shown that ATI Radeon Mobility will be installed but no luck with this one. Still stuck on 1024x768 resolution. Anyone had a success with this ?

Everything else perfect ! :thumbsup_anim:

anand78

anand78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
ZV5000 with AMD 3200 and 2GB RAM , works with Macvidia graphics drivers. Needs a USB mouse plugged in at all times. The AMD enabler patch included on the DVD did not work. Had to get it separtely. Also struggled with Macvidia drivers. Overall it seems slow.

Zach Thomas

Zach Thomas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Great install on my HP Pavilion zx5000. Intel 3.2 ghz with hyperthreading. Still only scored a high teens in on the xbench but it does seem alot faster than the 10.4.3 that I did have on prior. The SoundMax sound still doesn't work but that's okay. I'm just happy the wireless works! (Oh yeah, don't use the radion mobile drivers, fubars everything).

bottleNeckKiller

bottleNeckKiller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Still downloading...

Thanks for doing it all for us JaS.

• Guests
I'll seed it when my iLife 06 download finishes, which has been running for 30 days straright.

Paralex

Paralex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
is the "10.4.6.install.dvd.iso" from tpb already patched or where can i find the patch for this one?

JaS

JaS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,487 posts
seems the radon.mobility.support works for amd lappys with radeon mobitily 9700's.

also there is a ppf out to fix the need to run tha amd enabler you can find it like you found everything else.

hanschien

hanschien

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I just installed JaS's 10.4.6 DVD on my second partition with 10.4.5 (myz).

Dell E510 Pentium D 820
ATI Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory PCIe
ICH7 SATA
Intel Pro/100 VE
Sigmatel audio

Works:
- Everything... Yes I finally have audio!
- Had to import .plist to get ethernet to work

Not Work:
- Resolution still at 1280x1024 (still searching for 1680x1050 info)
- Mouse tearing; though not as bad as previous 10.4.5 install

Noob Q: How come Delete and Home/End keys do not work when typing in a text box/editor?

slipstream

slipstream

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I stuffed up
how can i uninstall a patch
i accidentally ticked amd enabler when i dont have one and it hangs on install and when attempting to reinstall these are ticked but greyed out

I get a blank screen as in black
I booted -x for safe mode but now what ?
cheers

dualBooter

dualBooter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Heya hanschien,

Mac KB's don't have a Delete key, in the sense the Win KB's do. Their Backspace key says 'delete' on it. There is no other key (at least on my Mac USB [transparent purple-back] KB) for deleting. Also on Macs, you use the Apple Command key + left or right arrow key to get the same functionality as Win Home/End keys.

rogabean

rogabean

My Mac wants you!

• Retired Developers
  • 863 posts
I just attempted to boot the laptop from the Jas 10.4.6 DVD (burned two different times. once at 8x and once at 1x)

both result in an error I remember when i tried myzar's first 10.4.6 update (working happy on the vs 3 of that)

Just wanted to test this.

IOPCI2PCIBridge: bad bridge bus numbering, no room to fix, bailing out!
IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

(those two also happened in vs 1 of myzar)

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, ASC = 0x02, ASCQ = 0x00
disk1s3: I/O error.

repeat.

Pukos

Pukos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Pukos,
Try setting the Mac OS X Partition to the Active Partition. (Can be done in Windows)
Set the timeout in your boot configuration file to 10 - 90 seconds. You should be able to dual boot that way.
Goodtime

I discovered that dual boot work but i have to press the F8 button during the initial "rotating cursor" animation. Instead in the 10.4.4 version there was for default the menu with the countdown.
How can i restore it? How can i set the delay?

pukos

flibblesan

flibblesan

Lenovo hackbook guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

How do you like the MacVidia drivers?

There is no hardware accellaration right now, but I can have higher resolutions. Much better than running in 1024x768 VESA.

But the team behind the drivers are working hard and accelleration is coming :(

dualBooter

dualBooter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Success on my desktop system! (See sig for specs)
Only difficulty was the b0 error, which was fixed using Extended Fdisk from my Hiren's BootCD (I just went in and changed that partition to Active).
I just got a 250GB SATA drive, so I figured it was the ideal time to try a fresh install of the JaS 10.4.6 iso.
So far, everything seems to work perfectly. CI/QE, dvd burning, NIC, sound, video, front & rear USB/FW400/sound panels. There are a couple of settings (like workgroup name, Little snitch SysPref pane, etc.) that I had to adjust after using the Migration app to transfer everything from the older HD (about 63GB worth of stuff), but all in all, everything is working like if I picked this up off the shelf at my local Apple store.

JaS................................. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy