Sucesses with JaS 10.4.6...

theSpam

123 posts in this topic

Guest goodtime

Pukos,

Try setting the Mac OS X Partition to the Active Partition. (Can be done in Windows)

Set the timeout in your boot configuration file to 10 - 90 seconds. You should be able to dual boot that way.

Goodtime

ZV5000 with AMD 3200 and 2GB RAM , works with Macvidia graphics drivers. Needs a USB mouse plugged in at all times. The AMD enabler patch included on the DVD did not work. Had to get it separtely. Also struggled with Macvidia drivers. Overall it seems slow.

Great install on my HP Pavilion zx5000. Intel 3.2 ghz with hyperthreading. Still only scored a high teens in on the xbench but it does seem alot faster than the 10.4.3 that I did have on prior. The SoundMax sound still doesn't work but that's okay. I'm just happy the wireless works! (Oh yeah, don't use the radion mobile drivers, fubars everything).

seems the radon.mobility.support works for amd lappys with radeon mobitily 9700's.

also there is a ppf out to fix the need to run tha amd enabler you can find it like you found everything else.

I just installed JaS's 10.4.6 DVD on my second partition with 10.4.5 (myz).

Dell E510 Pentium D 820

ATI Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory PCIe

ICH7 SATA

Intel Pro/100 VE

Sigmatel audio

Works:

- Everything... Yes I finally have audio!

- Had to import .plist to get ethernet to work

Not Work:

- Resolution still at 1280x1024 (still searching for 1680x1050 info)

- Mouse tearing; though not as bad as previous 10.4.5 install

Noob Q: How come Delete and Home/End keys do not work when typing in a text box/editor?

I stuffed up

how can i uninstall a patch

i accidentally ticked amd enabler when i dont have one and it hangs on install and when attempting to reinstall these are ticked but greyed out

I get a blank screen as in black

I booted -x for safe mode but now what ?

cheers

Heya hanschien,

Mac KB's don't have a Delete key, in the sense the Win KB's do. Their Backspace key says 'delete' on it. There is no other key (at least on my Mac USB [transparent purple-back] KB) for deleting. Also on Macs, you use the Apple Command key + left or right arrow key to get the same functionality as Win Home/End keys.

I just attempted to boot the laptop from the Jas 10.4.6 DVD (burned two different times. once at 8x and once at 1x)

both result in an error I remember when i tried myzar's first 10.4.6 update (working happy on the vs 3 of that)

Just wanted to test this.

IOPCI2PCIBridge: bad bridge bus numbering, no room to fix, bailing out!

IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

(those two also happened in vs 1 of myzar)

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, ASC = 0x02, ASCQ = 0x00

disk1s3: I/O error.

repeat.

Pukos,

Try setting the Mac OS X Partition to the Active Partition. (Can be done in Windows)

Set the timeout in your boot configuration file to 10 - 90 seconds. You should be able to dual boot that way.

Goodtime

I discovered that dual boot work but i have to press the F8 button during the initial "rotating cursor" animation. Instead in the 10.4.4 version there was for default the menu with the countdown.

How can i restore it? How can i set the delay?

pukos

How do you like the MacVidia drivers?

There is no hardware accellaration right now, but I can have higher resolutions. Much better than running in 1024x768 VESA.

But the team behind the drivers are working hard and accelleration is coming :(

Success on my desktop system! (See sig for specs)

Only difficulty was the b0 error, which was fixed using Extended Fdisk from my Hiren's BootCD (I just went in and changed that partition to Active).

I just got a 250GB SATA drive, so I figured it was the ideal time to try a fresh install of the JaS 10.4.6 iso.

So far, everything seems to work perfectly. CI/QE, dvd burning, NIC, sound, video, front & rear USB/FW400/sound panels. There are a couple of settings (like workgroup name, Little snitch SysPref pane, etc.) that I had to adjust after using the Migration app to transfer everything from the older HD (about 63GB worth of stuff), but all in all, everything is working like if I picked this up off the shelf at my local Apple store.

JaS................................. Thanks.

installed perfect first try no errors....

no onboard sound though... :(

no ethernet....:D

and my m-audio firewire doesn't work...haven't figured out why yet though...the cd comes with mac drivers...go figure...but once i get ethernet and sound....all heaven

but big thanks to jas and all else anyway... :D

I have a perfect working solution of 10.4.5, but for some reason Jas's release of the 10.4.6 install just wont work.

It boots, but the system only appears to half load. Ive done it twice now, upgrade and fresh install....

The system as i say loads ok, but the CPU runs at full load and Finder is really unstable. Not sure where its going {censored} up....... maybe the ISO was corrupt downloading.... :)

Hi Just install Jas 10.4.6 on Toshiba M100 Dualcore. I have a triple boot of XP, OSX, UBUNTU. After the install i had to boot from the DVD again and "bless" the OSX partition in order to boot. That worked fine for the first time, cause when I booted into Windows and tried to go back to OSX partition i could not boot from it. I guess I will have to "bless" the drive again, but i haven't done that yet since it was getting late when i finish doing this.

BUT my first experience with the install was good, Network worked after I edited the IONetwork with the right DEV VEN id's, sound I removed AppleHDA and edited AppleAzalia with the right DEV VEN id's for both the audio and PCI devices. Sound device is detected and shows up on audio output but no sound comes out.

I will look into to this a little more and post my findings.

By the way

Thanks JaS for this greate release.

:P

Why would you want to? Thats my little touch.I gave you a working os x install,you can't give me that?

LOL, I'll name my first born JaS if you can get 1680x1050 to work on my ATI x300 SE and w/o mouse tearing.

... or maybe omni...

This a little off topic but whats the difference from this full install of 10.4.6 to the Upgrade "10.4.6 Amd/Intel update". which is way smaller and easyer to install. I did the update and everything seems to work fine. Did i miss something by not installing the full version?