Sucesses with JaS 10.4.6...

theSpam

123 posts in this topic

Hello I've been trying to download jas 10.4.6 but I just cant find any body on torrent Im done downloading 10.4.4 but well I want the latest version since I have a dell 9200 I need all the upgrades I can have, please people share.... thanks...

Success on this end so far with JaS 10.4.6

Intel 530J (3ghz HT)

MSI 915GM-fr

intel 900gma

1gb corsair VR

33gb Raptor Sata

Selected the Intel sse3, and the GMA900 options.

initial xbench of 74, disabling Dbeam bumped it up to 94! ;)

I installed on my AMD 3200+ and was very impressed about speed and the fact, that i can see my sata drives after installation...

also the windows chainloader works...

but after the reboot the sata drives are gone, anybody a hint here?

greetings gosh

Hi all been trying to install osx86 10.4.6 with no luck could someone please give me advice ;) Thanks

System

Pionner 109 dvd

Msi 6600GT PCI-e video card

1GB ram

A8n-sli mobo

2 x 250Gb SATA hdd

AMD 3400 cpu 939 socket

Thanks again Les

Ho Dear think I posted the above in the wrong place sorry

Guest goodtime

Intel 530J (3ghz HT)

MSI 915GM-fr

intel 900gma

1gb corsair VR

33gb Raptor Sata

initial xbench of 74, disabling Dbeam bumped it up to 94! :D

What is Dbeam?

Scratch that. I installed the package again, and this time it magically worked. I have no clue what I did differently.

Many thanks,

/blkblt

Mmmm... Do not know.

The package works pretty good. Either use the success Hack OR the Package. The Package will overwrite the Hack and replace the GMA 950 drivers out with 915 drivers.

GT

Guest goodtime
Thx, tried this already - pressing F8 has no effect...

Can you please explain this for a mac newbie?

I´ve found boot.ini and com.apple.Boot.plist

the boot.ini list an boat loader with a timeout of 30 and a default entry for multi disk partition with WinXP

the operating system entry only lists WinXP with noexecute=optin and fastdetect as options

the Boot.plist only has three entries: Kernel, Kernel Flags and Boot Graphics.

btw: the osx partition is primary and active, when i boot with ultimate boot disk i can start winxp with the "start form second hdd" option....

If you want to use the Darwin bootloader, you must set the HFS+ Partition with Mac OS X to the ACTIVE PARTITION.

If you want to use the Boot.ini Windows Boot loader, keep Windows as the Active Partition. Follow these instructions:

Windows bootloader boot

You can also use the Windows bootloader (Windows XP/2000/2003/MCE2005 tested and working).

First, copy the file chain0 (DEV-DVD or tiger-x86 image at /usr/standalone/i386/chain0) to the root of your Windows drive (usually C:\). Now add a new line to your boot.ini (C:\boot.ini opened with Notepad will do). [Note : Uncheck temporarily, if needed, the attribute Read only of boot.ini to save changes] :

C:\chain0="Mac OS x86"

Be sure to check you didn't mess up the boot.ini file by going to Start - Run and typing in "msconfig" and pressing OK. Now go to the Boot.ini tab and press Check All Boot Paths.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...le_And_Accurate

Doesn't work for me, the 10.4.6 install.

It load, I select whatever I need in the installer and it does its thing.

At the end instead of launching the config wizard it shows a blue screen with only my mouse pointer (which I can still move around).

And then two thing happen. Or this blue screen stays for hours while the led from my DVD constantly blinks or the pc shuts down without any message.

When I turn it on again and want to boot it gives me a "b0 error" when it tries to load Mac OS X. Tried several times, always the same result.

What is wrong here ?

PC is AMD64-3000+ on an Asus K8V SE Deluxe.

Version 10.4.5 runs and installs fine on this machine.

????

Hi, it worked for me but with some problems... The usual stuff, wireless doesnt work... Sound doesnt work either, and when I start the OS I get some warning windows:

System extension cannot be used (refering to AppleAC97Audio.kext)...

Oh, also it doesnt recognize my ATI Radeon Mobility x700 :angry:

System:

HP Pavilion dv4000

Pentium M 2.00 GHZ

1 GB RAM

Im not as advanced as other member of the forum, so if Im saying something stupid, sorry :D

Installed fine and fast, but sound and graphics dont work; no QE/CI (the graphics worked under Myzar 10.4.5)

installed on a Inspiron 8600 w/ ATI 9600 Mobile and Sigmatel 9750

I checked both Radeon Mobile and Sigmatel things during install... ( even though the Sigmatel isnt for my sound card)

Has anyone gotten thier graphics cards to work?

Jas 10.4.6 from DVD

Intel 945PSN board, D 920 cpu

Sapphire X1800XT

Checked Intel SSE3, sigmatel audo

Works:

ATA, SATA, Sound, Network

ATI works, but required adding device id to x1000.kext and removing the others

Mouse tearing and still no 1680x1050 here either, but otherwise good

Hi, it worked for me but with some problems... The usual stuff, wireless doesnt work... Sound doesnt work either, and when I start the OS I get some warning windows:

System extension cannot be used (refering to AppleAC97Audio.kext)...

Oh, also it doesnt recognize my ATI Radeon Mobility x700 :angry:

System:

HP Pavilion dv4000

Pentium M 2.00 GHZ

1 GB RAM

Im not as advanced as other member of the forum, so if Im saying something stupid, sorry :poster_oops:

You need to repair the permissions one the kext directories, or else they won't load probably, you can do this by going to the terminal and typing the following:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

After that you can reboot and it should load the kext's normally.

Anybody here encounter an issue with trying to mount .dmg files?

After i download them with safari, it proceeds to mount and says mounting failed.

If i double click to, to get it to mount, A Warning box pops up saying "The Following Disk Image Failed to Mount" with the reason "Device Not Configured"

I can get it to mount only after i execute these two commands. I have to do this every time i reboot and usually if i haven't mounted anything in awhile.

sudo kextunload -c com.apple.AppleDiskImageController

sudo kextload -b com.apple.AppleDiskImageController

I'm using

ASRock 939DUAL-SATA2

AMD Opteron 146 SSE3

80gb IDE under USB2

Nvidia 6800le AGP

Intel 530J (3ghz HT)

MSI 915GM-fr

intel 900gma

1gb corsair VR

33gb Raptor Sata

initial xbench of 74, disabling Dbeam bumped it up to 94! :poster_oops:

wow what a speed jump.. so u can actual feel that speed increase ? where does it seem most obvious ? can u point me to info on how to give this a go. I have an ati card with accleration but I am not impressed

Guest goodtime
Hello I've been trying to download jas 10.4.6 but I just cant find any body on torrent Im done downloading 10.4.4 but well I want the latest version since I have a dell 9200 I need all the upgrades I can have, please people share.... thanks...

check on Demonoid.com If you need the torrent, I can email it to you.

email request at: goodtime [at] art5dog.com

wow what a speed jump.. so u can actual feel that speed increase ? where does it seem most obvious ? can u point me to info on how to give this a go. I have an ati card with accleration but I am not impressed

Disabling Dbeam will lead to choppy Finder windows. Turn it off. Move a Finder window around. See the choppyness? Turn it on, and your windows will appear smoother, but run slower. (Slower is not necessarily bad, it makes the video smoother and gives a better user experience. It's a GUI, and we are HUMAN, not ROBOTS! SPEED is only really super great if no one has to READ the SCREEN!

GT

just had upgraded to 10.4.6 works pretty fine.. but dont know how to install driver for the video card ^^,

Go to:

http://art5dog.com/techcast

under How to GMA..., click on the comments.

That's were you'll find a 10.4.6 GMA 900 Package. The password is on that page as well.

Goodtime

Guest goodtime
Anybody here encounter an issue with trying to mount .dmg files?

After i download them with safari, it proceeds to mount and says mounting failed.

If i double click to, to get it to mount, A Warning box pops up saying "The Following Disk Image Failed to Mount" with the reason "Device Not Configured"

I can get it to mount only after i execute these two commands. I have to do this every time i reboot and usually if i haven't mounted anything in awhile.

sudo kextunload -c com.apple.AppleDiskImageController

sudo kextload -b com.apple.AppleDiskImageController

I'm using

ASRock 939DUAL-SATA2

AMD Opteron 146 SSE3

80gb IDE under USB2

Nvidia 6800le AGP

You've got a bad 10.4.6 installation disk or your version of 10.4.6 is not patched correctly!!

You need the 10.4.6 JaS DVD from Demoniod.com.

If you need the torrent. Email me at: goodtime [at] art5dog [dot] com

Tuesday 5/2/06 Installed Jas OSX 10.4.6 on my system that had since February not being used. I had bought a new psu and got my lcd screen on tuesday all together. Now just waiting for my new gfx card.

After I installed, I had to boot up my linux livecd, fidsk /dev/hda, p(to show), a(to set active), w(to write or save) and q to quit.. rebooted and came into OSX fine. I'm still on vesa driver and no qe/ci nothing special either, and having problems with xchat-aqua + plugins, I get some tearing once or twice a day

AMD64 +3000 (Clawhammer)

Chaintech VNF-250 Value (Nforce3 Chipset)

Nvidia 6600GT w/128MB

Seagate 8.7200 Barracuda on ATA 150 on Channel 1 Master w/ DVD Slave

1.5GB DDR RAM

Can boot up HD only with DVD booting 1st, then it boots on from HD.

I disabled SATA RAID so I wouldn't erase my Winodows Installs.

Need to fix refresh and get Nvidia Drivers.

Very responsive compared to a G5, even with headache refresh

Though, I find if I run too many apps at once everything hangs.

Fun time