QT 7.6 DEFINITE MOUSE LAG FIX for ALL 8800 GT/GTS 512 & 8600-8500-9800 series

cyclonefr

294 posts in this topic

I tried the g92.rom but after a reboot, i had sone weird graphics in bios and osx not loading... so assuming it was due to bad memory timming in the 92.rom, i edited it with nbitor and i've copied my seeting from the backup of my original bios to override g92.rom timmings, flashed back my 9800gt(g92)512mo with the upgraded g92.rom and I still have the same weird graphics.... I had to revert bacl to my original bios!

any idea ho to make it work?

Guest ѕиоѡ
What do you mean ?

If you are asking if the problem is fixable via a GFX string, well it isn't, I tried everything.

Thats what I ment bud, thx for the info.

What about not using GFX string and use patched Geforce kexts or other non string methods (the old shool way) have you tried that?

Later m8

Of course. THe problem isnt injection... We could try to patch the kexts to remove PowerManagement from the drivers and it could work, at least what s what I think putting NVDA50Hal.kext from 10.5.5 fixes the bug, but good luck on this.

About the 8600 series, I tried to edit the bios but these cards, like the 8800 GT only have a 3D mode, and enabling a 2D mode does nothing, just like the 8800 GT actually... And there is no way you can flash these card with a Mac Pro 8800 GT bios.

What I'm trying though is to isolate the bug so we can manually patch the patch, but it's still too early to tell. For now it's only 8800 GT / GTS 512

Thats what I ment bud, thx for the info.

What about not using GFX string and use patched Geforce kexts or other non string methods (the old shool way) have you tried that?

Later m8

Well, I got tired of Software Update bugging me about a new Quicktime, so I assembled a USB boot disk and the ROM and flashed away.

The result is: no more lag! The downside is that my Windows XP activation expired because it decided that my videocard had been changed. Boo, Microsoft!

I also have the BFG OC 8800GT 512 MB version.

lol SA22C, use a crack for Windows or call Microsoft.

Seems I was wrong about the 2D and 3D clock : using the EFI 32bit mac pro 8800 GT bios, the card only has a 3D mode like the PC card, and QT doesnt lag either... So I really dont know what differs between a PC rom and a Mac rom that makes the lag disappear, but that's the way it is. For now i'm working on extracting the PC part of it so you dont need 1024K, but without success (Windows or OSX dont work)

lol SA22C, use a crack for Windows or call Microsoft.

Seems I was wrong about the 2D and 3D clock : using the EFI 32bit mac pro 8800 GT bios, the card only has a 3D mode like the PC card, and QT doesnt lag either... So I really dont know what differs between a PC rom and a Mac rom that makes the lag disappear, but that's the way it is. For now i'm working on extracting the PC part of it so you dont need 1024K, but without success (Windows or OSX dont work)

Good to hear that coz those of us with only 64kb ROMS are stucked either with old Quicktime or annoying mouse laggs... I didn't know that there are 8800GT's with different ROM sizes until now.

Maybe it's only th vendor ID and card ID ?

I have the same mouse lag problem on "Gigabyte GeForce 8500GT 512MB". I'm very disappointed :unsure:

cyclonefr

What I'm trying though is to isolate the bug so we can manually patch the patch, but it's still too early to tell. For now it's only 8800 GT / GTS 512

You want to fix the issue with "no videocard flashing" or something similar ? I think this idea is formidable.. Please keep the hard word and thanks !

No for now i'm only working on how to fix it flashing cards. I tried to flash my 8600 GT with the 8800 GT bios lol, it didn't work (the PC didnt POST at all).

Anyway, I've edited my first post entirely because of new things I've found. There you can find a bios that is 58K so OK for 64K people !!! Thank Kabyl for this, he did most of the work though to extract the bios. More info on my first post, that I edited.

No more lags here.

After flashing my 8800Gt 512mb with the provided 2D/3D bios, My motherboards bios post screen is kind of scrambled. Also the apple grey boot screen now has faint yellow lines running vertically with some minor artifacts. However, OS X is completely fine. No graphic issues at all! I'll try some editing in NibiTor.

Thanks and greets to Kabyl, cyclonefr and netkas!

-Stell

UPDATE: Tried my luck with the 3D bios and OS X would load, but I started noticing artifacts and then the OS would freeze up completely in like 15 seconds. No KP, just would freeze up. I took a look in NibiTor and it was all kinds of jacked up looking.

After further testing with the 2D3D bios, all the animations are pretty smooth except for Expose. It's dropping frames, unlike before with my standard bios, it was smooth as silk. I'm still using 2D3D bios but hopefully Kabyl or Cyclonefr can drop in and check it out. Btw, i'm using the XFX 8800GT 512MB with Zalman fan.

Thanks in advance! :D

-Stell

You can edit the 3D bios, just choose Geforce 8 and PCI 8800 GT... There you can insert your original geforce bios timings, gpu t° warning, etc... Personally i've tried both bios, and they both work the same, untouched :P

You can edit the 3D bios, just choose Geforce 8 and PCI 8800 GT... There you can insert your original geforce bios timings, gpu t° warning, etc... Personally i've tried both bios, and they both work the same, untouched :P

Hey cyclonefr,

I once again edited the Clockrates of the 2D3D bios and only changed the 2D Core/Shader/Memory to it's original state of 0/0/0 like my original card. This allowed Expose to smooth out as it was before. :)

Actually, I did mess around with the 3D bios by adding the name of the card, etc. It was still mega buggy for me. I'll play around with it some more and let you guys know. :)

Sorry, if I am writing messages as I go, it is a bit real time. :P :P

-Stell

P.S. - Cyclonefr get your ass on IRC! :D :D