• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
@NebulOSX:
You're getting too many issues!!
It always says: "No Display connected" whether it works or not, so this is definitively not the problem.
The display detect could be due to hardware differences between our motherboards. DSDT needs to be specific, that's why I said that if you have skills you should patch your own DSDT to avoid such issues.
Also, I have have asked fassl to update his patcher to include the new GMA950 code as an option. Don't know if he's actually gonna do it!!

Try pressing the "detect displays" in the displays in the system prefs. Also remove natit, repair permissions, and delete kextcache. Make sure you have no graphics EFI strings, boot.plist settings....

nebulOSX

nebulOSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Sorry Dr. lol.. Detecting displays in system prefs does the same thing as it does on boot, goes blue and stays blue, unplug and plug in again for workage.. So yes, looks like hardware difference causing the problem... I shall await an automated script and shall google decompiling, adding code and compiling the aml. All I can say is thank you all you people who have discovered this VERY much for getting this graphics fix working, those artifacts were so damn annoying!

netkas

netkas

InsanelyMac Legend

• Developers
  • 616 posts
no need to insert device-properties keys via dsdt, at least for desktops.

p.s. this fix has been known sicne this summer, but never was released cuz no universal method existed.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
@netkas:
Can't you create a kext or a DSDT patcher to fix this? I think the address of all desktop GMA950 is the same.

Istivi Jobis

Istivi Jobis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Doc, here no 3d screen rotation when I enbable fast switching user and 3d screen saver a bit slowly. Hmmm... javascript with bug in Safari... Firefox idem: videos (ex youtube) loading but no playing. Flash player reinstaled... no fix, bug persist.

OcciJano

OcciJano

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:iPod, Pets, Dance latin music, Music, Macintosh, Hackintosh
Dr. Hurt & Raisoft Thank you very much!, MUCHAS GRACIAS!.
Attached File  Tiger.png   52.98KB   304 downloads
I can confirm that Rotate, QuartzGL, Quartz Extreme, Core Image, are working perfect with Tiger 10.4.11, Leopard 10.5.5 and Leopard 10.5.6
It's time to move to Leopard Finally!!!

Hummm I can't wait to the next Chameleon version and Voodoo Kernel

Did I forgot to Thank you enough?

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...
I can confirm to :D
First have to thank roisof for his fast and helpful response.
Without his help, i wouldn't be posting so soon!
Thanks mate.
Rotation here works without reboot. A nice performance boost, no artifacts..
still have to test with really problematic apps, but i feel confident.

The kexts are the stock (unmodified) ones from the 10.5.6 update.
This DSDT patch is confirmed to work on gigabyte boards. No one tested it with other boards yet. If you would like to test it, that will be really appreciated. If it doesn't work, you'll probably have to patch it manually or wait till someone writes an automated patcher.
Just make sure your bootloader supports DSDT.

Yes, this thread is misplaced!! :)

Thank you so much for posting this!
I only saw it by chance, cause it was the most recent posted at the time and i looked further down than usual. Anyway.. glad i saw it!
Mate, i tested your .aml and graphics worked. Other divices don't match my mobo but,
graphics do match!! The one i'm using was made from the dsdt of my pc, by roisoft..
Hope this helps.. i don't mind doind more testing but, at the time i'm too busy with INSTAHackintosh.
Pm me if you need anything..
Big thanks

Attached Files

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
Cool!!
So my DSDT.aml also worked with an ASUS motherboard?!
Other devices didn't even match in my system, so it won't cause any problems for anyone, It's just extra obsolete code - as netkas pointed out. I'll try to clean up the code if I have time.
I'd better update the first post again.
Thank you, Azimutz.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
OK,
I have cleaned up the code slightly to make it more compatible, since it worked with motherboards other than Gigabyte.

Einstein_ein

Einstein_ein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
roisoft: pls find attached ioreg and dsdt.dat for my X3100, I have serious powermanagement issues with my laptop LCD, since i cannot find absolutely any way to stop the display from powering off after 5 mins of inactivity. When I say anythin I mean powermanagemet from menus, pmset's etc. The problem is that if my display powers off, I can only VNC to it (not even a second display can be used) and reboot, while any input results to the screen backlight turning on. Do u thing you can manage something, if u don't I'll have to go back to 10.5.5 where at least I can control when the screen shuts down

Dr. Hurt: my lappy kp's when I foolishly use ur DSDT.aml, just in case u wonder:p

Attached Files

roidm

roidm

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
The most part of Gigabyte Boards are using Award bios so the Dr.Hurts .aml can work, but is better to use a dsdt for each board with the code inserted. The name of the devices are not the same for Ami and Phoenix Bios but the code works too. Only is needed look for the name of your device using the ioreg

example for AMI bios (P5L-VM 1394) using GMA950 (PCI0) and nVidia PCI Gfx (P0P3)

[codebox]
//after _WAK Method

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
{
/* 0000 */ 0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44,
/* 0008 */ 0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
}))
{
If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
{
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
{
Store (Buffer (One)
{
0x03
}, Arg4)
Return (One)
}

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
{
Return (One)
}
}
}

Store (Buffer (One)
{
0x00
}, Arg4)
Return (Zero)
}

Device (PCI0)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))
Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Device (IGFX) // GMA950
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x06)
{
"device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"GMA 950"
},
"built-in",
Buffer (one)
{
0x01
}

}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

Device (P0P3)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001E0000)
Device (GFX1) // code for nVidia Gfx.
{
Name (_ADR, 0x000A0000)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x18)
{
"@0,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},

"@0,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"@0,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-A"
},

"@1,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},

"@1,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"@1,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-B"
},

"NVCAP",
Buffer (0x18)
{
/* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00,
/* 0008 */ 0x06, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07,
/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"NVPM",
Buffer (0x20)
{
/* 0000 */ 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
/* 0008 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
/* 0018 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"VRAM,totalsize",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"NVDA,GeForce"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x27)
{
"Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 6200 PCI 256 MB"
},

"rom-revision",
Buffer (0x09)
{
"DSDT ROM"
}

}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}
[/codebox]

Istivi Jobis

Istivi Jobis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Here, with version 2 sound ok and flash videos playing.
Screen saver: no preview, test ok.

Next, testing with personalized dsdt.

HBP112358

HBP112358

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
ok first off I would like to thank you all for your Great work, but I have a Question, Issue

when the old Buggy display buffer, I could use my internal screen that is what the first file I included in the archive is, the ioregexplorer output with the old display drivers
when I install the new Drivers from ANY set, I get Garbled screen on the internal LCD, then it whites out.
with this new DSDT patch, I get full Accel and all the good Stuff on external Screen but only Blue on internal LCD, I feel thats Better then Garbled mess then white out, but it Still isn't usable,
the Second file, with the .after is the ioregexplorer output after installing the patch

is there a way with the dsdt_fixed.txt provided to enable the internal monitor so that it is functioning??

I think you guys are on the right track to making my lappy finely able to dump windows and go only os x.

I hope that you all are looking forward to the new year,

HBP

Attached Files

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
I'll try to update the DSDT based on roisoft's recommendations.

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...

Cool!!
So my DSDT.aml also worked with an ASUS motherboard?!
Other devices didn't even match in my system, so it won't cause any problems for anyone, It's just extra obsolete code - as netkas pointed out. I'll try to clean up the code if I have time.
I'd better update the first post again.
Thank you, Azimutz.

Yap.. it works in my Asus.
After reading all the posts i have to agree that this is a sulution but, it's better to be implemented to DSDT from the PC to patch.
Those mismatching devices can cause trouble for some people. I didn't noticed any strange behavior but, one never knows.
I'll do some more testing when i have time! I'm always testing with INSTAHackintosh so, i have my system pretty safe for testing :)
i always manage to boot in case of trouble!!
Thanks mate.
I'll be back soon.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Yap.. it works in my Asus.
After reading all the posts i have to agree that this is a sulution but, it's better to be implemented to DSDT from the PC to patch.
Those mismatching devices can cause trouble for some people. I didn't noticed any strange behavior but, one never knows.
I'll do some more testing when i have time! I'm always testing with INSTAHackintosh so, i have my system pretty safe for testing :)
i always manage to boot in case of trouble!!
Thanks mate.
I'll be back soon.

I have removed any extra devices from the DSDT in the version 2 clean-up to avoid mismatch and trouble. Only GMA950 code and the normal DSDT fixes.

I also released version 3 based on roisoft's recommendations to support different BIOS manufacturers. This should work well with Award, AMI, and Phoenix Bios. It's a major update.

This will probably be my last release. I recommend that people try version 3 and if it doesn't work, try version 2.

Good Luck everyone!! :)

Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
This is wonderful stuff Dr. Hurt! Will it work with a Pentium 4? Stupid question. I wanna try it on my sister's hack.

I wanna visit Cairo now.

nebulOSX

nebulOSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
The 2 new aml files still don't work :D I shall wait for an automatic patcher then.. At least I can get fully functional graphics after unplugging and plugging.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

This is wonderful stuff Dr. Hurt! Will it work with a Pentium 4? Stupid question. I wanna try it on my sister's hack.

I wanna visit Cairo now.

I don't think it will work on a pentium 4 because the DSDT.aml is optimized for 2 core cpu (because it was created on a 2 core system). You could try if your up for a challenge - don't even know what will happen!!
I recommend that you patch your own DSDT to avoid trouble.

Also, your more than welcome to visit Cairo. Just make sure your ready for a life changing experience. It's an absolutely CRAZY city. I've been living here since 2002 (moved from Fairfax, Virginia), and Cairo still doesn't sieze to impress me. :D

The 2 new aml files still don't work :( I shall wait for an automatic patcher then.. At least I can get fully functional graphics after unplugging and plugging.

I really feel sorry for you. I don't know how to fix your problem. If roisoft fixes it and releases the code, I'll release a new version.

nebulOSX

nebulOSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I don't think it will work on a pentium 4 because the DSDT.aml is optimized for 2 core cpu (because it was created on a 2 core system). You could try if your up for a challenge - don't even know what will happen!!
I recommend that you patch your own DSDT to avoid trouble.

Silly question... would that be the cause of my problem? I have an Intel Atom with one core... :( Thankyou Dr. Hurt for trying to get this working :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy