XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

The image cant boot - causes kernel panic.

specs

asus p5ke wifi

nv 8600 gt 256mb

ich9r

jmicron

ad1988b sound (not totally sure)

realtek wireless (which I depend on, no room for wired net, unfortantely)

running on iatkos 10.5.4 which I upgraded to 10.5.6 through netkas chameleon boot and dsts, with difficulty but destroyed with security update. Therefore I tried this one, but no luck. Now I am running on a backup from a usb-drive, luckily I can get carbon-copycloner to work since Timemachine also went away...

from denmark

well sig is inaccurate on the vanilla-part

disable JMicron on the BIOS (if you are using the SATA DVD drive from your signature)

Thnx for very fast reply, it worked and I installed, but now I get boot0 error. I could boot into it once with dvd in drive, but only once where I added efi-string for graphics using osxtools. After that it fails repeatedly with boot0 error with and without dvd.

Will try and install pcefi v9 from my usb-drive onto the install and see what happens, otherwise I will try a clean install with another bootloader than default

UPDATE

installed pcefi v9 and it works with jmicron disabled (I dont need that at all if I got only SATA and usb-discs)?

I will give and update on how it goes, thnx a lot for a seemingly good dvd. (I got it fast on the torrents as well;) )

cheers again

Thnx for very fast reply, it worked and I installed, but now I get boot0 error. I could boot into it once with dvd in drive, but only once where I added efi-string for graphics using osxtools. After that it fails repeatedly with boot0 error with and without dvd.

Will try and install pcefi v9 from my usb-drive onto the install and see what happens, otherwise I will try a clean install with another bootloader than default

Install it the same way as the installation options I've given for my very own boot loader...

It's Chameleon 1 at base so it works the same way...

Browse the forum for AnV Chameleon and use that way to install PC EFI V9...

UPDATE

installed pcefi v9 and it works with jmicron disabled (I dont need that at all if I got only SATA and usb-discs)?

I will give and update on how it goes, thnx a lot for a seemingly good dvd. (I got it fast on the torrents as well;) )

cheers again

You need the JMicron only for ATA devices. If you ever need it you can enable it back. I think it wont panic when booting from a HD. I think EFIStudio is a better choice to install GFX strings; Anyway Im currently adding EFI strings to the installer so people wont have to install them afterwards

Install it the same way as the installation options I've given for my very own boot loader...

It's Chameleon 1 at base so it works the same way...

Browse the forum for AnV Chameleon and use that way to install PC EFI V9...

Andy, thanx for the kernel man! I meant to ask you for putting it on the ISO but somehow it slipped away....really sorry. I hope you dont mind. Thanx again

Shutdown sorted! - it was just some wrongly installed audio kexts...

Just a quick question: when i apply the PPF3 patch the size of the original final iso does not change its identical right down to the kilobyte! Is that right? I know in the past adding in a patch alters the size according to the size of the patch - i know that some files are exactly the same size etc and get replaced but to be exactly the same size has me beat? Any thoughts?

Time machine does not seem to work. With the first install using voodoo 9.5 there was no trouble with time machine however I had kernel panics. Yet, using 9.6 (I believe that is voodoo AnV), no time machine. Any suggestions?

Install a ethernet string with EFIStudio (together with the one for your GFX)

Shutdown sorted! - it was just some wrongly installed audio kexts...

Just a quick question: when i apply the PPF3 patch the size of the original final iso does not change its identical right down to the kilobyte! Is that right? I know in the past adding in a patch alters the size according to the size of the patch - i know that some files are exactly the same size etc and get replaced but to be exactly the same size has me beat? Any thoughts?

The ISO doesnt change the size. What changes is the used space inside it (gets more).

If you wanna be on the safe side, just re-download the ISO and patch it without mounting it first... But if you wait a week or so you can download the new ISO (PPF3, PPF4 integrated)

Ahh i gotchya! Cheers! Ye i used winrar under windoze xp to extract didn't mount it do anything with it, just checked its md5 and was wrong so gave patching it a go and well it works but ye must be a setting in winrar to extract it as read only..... havn't seen that setting tho!

Looking forward to giving it a go on a p4 3.2e i865 chipset and either a fx5200 or ati 9500se? have not been able to get the graphics to work b4 so wud be nice if it does!

Look forward to your all in one release and will download that as soon as its available. Far out will be chewing the bandwidth this month!!! :(

Hey BlackCH

Can we use this ISO to install from USB / HDD for faster installation??

I have been doing like 30 installations now to get perfect match for system..and a DVD does not help very well in this..

please guide if there is a way..

Yes. Please read this thread. and this post

Since XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final has the boot file in it's root directory , you can simply use Leopard HD install helper dump it to a Primary Partition , be sure don't select last two checkboxs, then use dd for win write boot1h to that Primary Partition.

BlackCH , thanks for your wonderful release.

I have a video card driver conflict with Mouse Driver issue , can you give some advice? thanks any way.

===========================================================

My video card is nVidia Geforce 6600 128MB (PCIE 16X). I have tried EFI-String , NVKush , NVInject , all will stuck on blue screen , can NOT show desktop. I found if delete all GeForce*.kext only keep NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext , it's can boot to desktop , resolution and refresh rate is correct. But no QE/CI. In this situation , the big problem is : after boot few seconds , Mouse will be frozen , can NOT move , but both left and right button click work.

I have tried both USB and PS/2 Mouse , the result are same.

I check in log , found this message:

IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change ....

My hardware specs:

============================================================

CPU AMD Athlon 64, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 3000+

Mainboard Epox EP-MGF6100-M

Chipset nVIDIA GeForce 6100, AMD Hammer

RAM 512 MB x 2 (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)

Graphic Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600 (128 MB) (PCI-E x16)

LCD LG W1934 [NoDB] (1812101179)

Sound Card Realtek ALC883 @ nVIDIA nForce 410 (MCP51) -HDA

IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller

Harddisk WDC WD400BB-00DEA0 (37 GB, IDE)

Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network Card NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller (192.168.133.199)

USB1 Controller nVIDIA nForce 410 (MCP51) - OHCI USB 1.1 Controller

USB2 Controller nVIDIA nForce 410 (MCP51) - EHCI USB 2.0 Controller

My video card is nVidia Geforce 6600 128MB (PCIE 16X). I have tried EFI-String , NVKush , NVInject , all will stuck on blue screen , can NOT show desktop. I found if delete all GeForce*.kext only keep NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext , it's can boot to desktop , resolution and refresh rate is correct. But no QE/CI. In this situation , the big problem is : after boot few seconds , Mouse will be frozen , can NOT move , but both left and right button click work.

The only thing I can think off is that the graphic card issue can be related with a conflict between the on-board 6100 and the 6600 pci-e... Try either disabling the on-board one on the BIOS, or take the pci-e out and use the 6100 (which actually I dont know if it actually works in OSX)...

No clue about the mouse thing.

If I understood correctly what do you mean, this is possible with all distros, just to show hidden files and open osinstall.mpkg and install leopard on an external hdd or on a different partition ...

I hope I have explained well what I wanted to say and sorry for my bad English ... ;)

Hey Guy, Im trying to do this very thing and I was able to find the osinstall.mpkg. I had to first run a cmd line to get finder to display all files and folders. I loaded up and I was able to make my choices for my system. But when I hit the install button, I get the prompt asking for the admin name and password. I tried the same thing with IPC's and it did ask for it but it defaulted to my name and all i had to do was enter my password.

What am I doing wrong. I tried admin admin. admin, password. Is there a default admin name and password?

Hey Guy, Im trying to do this very thing and I was able to find the osinstall.mpkg. I had to first run a cmd line to get finder to display all files and folders. I loaded up and I was able to make my choices for my system. But when I hit the install button, I get the prompt asking for the admin name and password. I tried the same thing with IPC's and it did ask for it but it defaulted to my name and all i had to do was enter my password.

What am I doing wrong. I tried admin admin. admin, password. Is there a default admin name and password?

That method wont work with this distro. I dont know about the password issues, but some scripts will just fail.

This is my first time trying to install OSX on non-mac hardware.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX280. The XxX_x86_10.5.6 install went fine until restart. The computer boots up to a Darwin screen with a "Boot:" prompt. I tried entering -v also tried -x and -f, but after a few seconds and a spinning cursor at the Darwin text, the computer just restarts and goes back to the same Darwin screen.

Can anyone help me out with this problem?

Thanks.

BlackCH: I installed XxX on P5K-VM per your recommendation on the P5K-VM thread. And this is the second time I've got this lock up. My desktop is very simple, almost everything on the board except for nVidia 7300GT 256mb. Everything is working great, except for these two occasions. It seems like some kernel problem. Do you know of an update for this kernel? How would I upgrade it? I'm new and your install disc was very simple to follow.

IMG_1854.JPG

BlackCH: I installed XxX on P5K-VM per your recommendation on the P5K-VM thread. And this is the second time I've got this lock up. My desktop is very simple, almost everything on the board except for nVidia 7300GT 256mb. Everything is working great, except for these two occasions. It seems like some kernel problem. Do you know of an update for this kernel? How would I upgrade it? I'm new and your install disc was very simple to follow.

I have a P5K-VM myself, and is working very well without any issues no matter which kernel. Im currently using Voodoo 1.0 for sleep/restart issues, but vanilla kernel runs fine.

Which disc are you using (rev1, final), which ppfs?. Also post a full list of the items you installed (look to the /var/log/install.log file if you dont remember)....

Is it possible to install some packages postinstall the initial installation? I can't find the packages on the disc. I've been looking for them with ls -la

On a Mac install disc the packages are allways located under /System/Installation/Packages (Mostly hidden...).

With this new ISO you can get a completely clean retail installation (full unmodified vanilla) if you wish.

Does this mean that if I choose VooDoo XNU kernel for my AMD I will also get a clean retail installation? Will I be able to update OS X straight through the software update?

Does this mean that if I choose VooDoo XNU kernel for my AMD I will also get a clean retail installation? Will I be able to update OS X straight through the software update?

My kernel + Voodoo kernel have got both an on-the-fly cpuid patcher (Thx go to the Voodoo team).

My kernel also has a decrypter built-in.

Both kernels are thus indeed capable of using retail unpatched software.

Since both kernels also have blacklisting of bad kexts you could thus just plainly update through software update yes...

Is it possible to install some packages postinstall the initial installation? I can't find the packages on the disc. I've been looking for them with ls -la

You cannnot use the packages as they are. Most of them install the content on a /temp folder. You need to extract the on the desktop and install manually or with kexthelper

My kernel also has a decrypter built-in.

Nice; so you dont need AppleDecrypt kext neither.

I have a P5K-VM myself, and is working very well without any issues no matter which kernel. Im currently using Voodoo 1.0 for sleep/restart issues, but vanilla kernel runs fine.

Which disc are you using (rev1, final), which ppfs?. Also post a full list of the items you installed (look to the /var/log/install.log file if you dont remember)....

I install the exact recommendation you posted on p5k-vm thread, which are:

-PCIEFI 9 (optional)

-DSDT patch (optional)

-HPETDisabler

-USB_Sleep

-Voodoo 9.5.0 v1 (fixes restart/shutdown issues)

-ICHx Chipset Support (only that one)

-AppleAHCIPort_ExtendedSupport

-JMicron ATA (only that one)

-If you have a NVdia card install NO GRAPHICS DRIVERS (get it working after install with EFI strings)

-Alc883_Spdif (Mic in, Line in, 3 outputs, Spdif output)

-Yukon 88E8056 (On board ethernet; you still need to use a EFI string after install to fix timemachine/file sharing issues)

-GenericCPUPowerManagement 1.1.3 (Optional; cpu throttle)

-OpenHaltRestart.kext

-AHCI Fix

-BootPrompt

-SystemProfiler Fix

-LocalTimeToggle (optional)

-All 'Tools' items

I used XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final with this md5: DDA0229709C2305659760341E1ABAE75

The system indeed just crashed yesterday after my post. In all three crashes, I was running:

- Plex (XBMC osx port)

- Firefox

- Transmission 1.50+

- Salling clicker at the background

Can an app cause this? Thanks for your support.

If I want to upgrade the kernel later on, is it going to be easy? Thanks.

I used XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final with this md5: DDA0229709C2305659760341E1ABAE75

The system indeed just crashed yesterday after my post. In all three crashes, I was running:

- Plex (XBMC osx port)

- Firefox

- Transmission 1.50+

- Salling clicker at the background

Can an app cause this? Thanks for your support.

If I want to upgrade the kernel later on, is it going to be easy? Thanks.

The selection looks fine (I assume you installed the default selected items too); maybe I would leave out the 'USB Sleep', but I dont think that is causing troubles.

Try Andy's kernel (AnV kernel). If you install a 9.6.0 kernel you will need to update System.kext and seatbelt.kext to 10.5.6 version (Voodoo 9.5.0 installs together with the 10.5.5 version of this kexts). You can extract the files from the DVD packages with pacifist.app.

Im using all those apps except for sailing clicker; they work here... does this problem happened before installing any of those apps (or any other app)? How long have you been running that installation?