• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

clipt81

clipt81

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Interests:NOTEBOOK: HP Pavilion DV9695el <br />Leopard retail 10.5.5<br />CPU: Intel Core2...
I created a package automatically installed with the apple-proportioned, if interested :wacko:

hello, Clipt

CyberGreg

CyberGreg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Update: Here is the guide how to make your own bootscreens... enjoy :thumbsup_anim:
Thanks to bhast2 for hosting it!
Guide
---------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to say thanks

Aargh-a-Knot

Aargh-a-Knot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Excuse me if I'm being a bit thick, but is there a way for this to work with a boot-132 retail install?

santicity

santicity

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I too would like to know if there's a way to change the image for a retail install, my image is out of resolution ;)

lsdelirious

lsdelirious

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 56 posts
here's my first attempt using a pic I made in Photoshop from a still of Chappelle Show:
Posted Image
(disclaimer: I'm not racist, that's the line from the Rick James sketch if you didn't know)

any idea if this feature can be worked into the Chameleon 2 loader? I was tempted to switch to Chameleon2RC1-r431 but maybe not if I have to give up my custom loading screen :P

e-Ch!

e-Ch!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is there any way to change boot screen to use it with chameleon 2 RC3? My monitor is 1080p, so default grey boot screen works in 3/4 mode with awful black fields around it.

genitiv

genitiv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
sry for digging out this quite old thread..

Is there any chance to get a custom boot screen with chameleon 2.0 RC4 and Snow Leopard ?
And can someone tell me what was written in the guide mentioned in post#1?The link is dead and I guess i still have to prepare the picture by myself but i dont know how.

It'd be cool if this worked for my system.
Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:
Just in case someone is interested in creating a custom bootscreen:

1. download the source code of your bootloader(in my case chameleon 2.0 rc4) and xcode (requires registration but its free(apple id)) You can get it here

2. prepare your pic of choice by converting to png and name it boot.png
(transparency is supported but make sure its no larger about 130kb; havent tried out the actual limit of filesize)

3. replace /artwork/themes/default/boot.png.

4. put the whole source code folder to your root device and name it "chameleon"

5.fire up terminal

6.type "cd /chameleon"

7. type "make embedtheme" (of course everything without quotes)
This compiles chameleon and will take up to 5 minutes. if an error appears try to make your picture smaller, reduce colors and make it less complex and try again

8. go to /chameleon/sym/i386 and move the boot file to your hd and replace the old one.

9. reboot and enjoy!

thanks to prasy for writing this easy-to-follow guide.

MC Gamer

MC Gamer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Nicely done. Hopefully I can get this up and runnin when I finally install OSx on my computer!

cypy_21

cypy_21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

sry for digging out this quite old thread..

Is there any chance to get a custom boot screen with chameleon 2.0 RC4 and Snow Leopard ?
And can someone tell me what was written in the guide mentioned in post#1?The link is dead and I guess i still have to prepare the picture by myself but i dont know how.

It'd be cool if this worked for my system.
Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:
Just in case someone is interested in creating a custom bootscreen:

1. download the source code of your bootloader(in my case chameleon 2.0 rc4) and xcode (requires registration but its free(apple id)) You can get it here

2. prepare your pic of choice by converting to png and name it boot.png
(transparency is supported but make sure its no larger about 130kb; havent tried out the actual limit of filesize)

3. replace /artwork/themes/default/boot.png.

4. put the whole source code folder to your root device and name it "chameleon"

5.fire up terminal

6.type "cd /chameleon"

7. type "make embedtheme" (of course everything without quotes)
This compiles chameleon and will take up to 5 minutes. if an error appears try to make your picture smaller, reduce colors and make it less complex and try again

8. go to /chameleon/sym/i386 and move the boot file to your hd and replace the old one.

9. reboot and enjoy!

thanks to prasy for writing this easy-to-follow guide.

Hi I have a Dell Latitude D620 running Snow Leo 10.6.4 based on leppy700m tutorial using boot123 disk.I tryed changing the boot screen image using the guide from the 1st post but that screw up my system and i had to reinstall. If i do the thing in the post above will this work for me? as i have chameleon RC3 wich uses the Extra/Extensions/ folder?

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
Is there any way to change the boot screen background color to simple black (on chameleon v2.1svn r1598)? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy