GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

if worked correctly put it in boot.plist file.

how to put an option in boot.plist file?

i tried this kext and while booting i entered "arch=i386"

and it works.. it opened native 1680x1050 with no problem..

but i have to boot with this command every time..

also i did a search and found only chameleon boot.plist.

what should i do?

thanks in advance..

edit: thinkpad t500, c2duo p8400 2.26, 8gb ddr3, intel x4500hd, 160gb hitachi hdd

hello

in org.chameleon.boot.plist or apple.com.boot.plist located in Extra

edit with text editor

key>kernel flag

string>arch=i386

puth there

good hack

does that only make it boot with the kext or is that for qe as well? ive been waiting a long time and have almost given up.

hello in org.chameleon.boot.plist or apple.com.boot.plist located in Extra edit with text editor key>kernel flag string>arch=i386 puth there good hack

I can't recall it now, but I do remember I had an issue with Chameleon v166x where it didn't recognize this flag on org.chameleon.boot and it worked only in com.apple.boot.

I didn't check whether it's solved in later versions or not.

does that only make it boot with the kext or is that for qe as well? ive been waiting a long time and have almost given up.

No QE/CI for this chip afai :(

• 4 months later...

I'm going to just be straight up here--after searching this site and others, I've tried several different tricks, various kexts etc. and nothing is working for me. I *have* achieved 1440x900 resolution, however, though at boot I specifically set "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32@60" as my monitor is 1920x1080. Anyone know how I can actually get the proper resolution going? I'm not concerned about qe/cl at the moment.

I have the G45 chipset with X4500HD in a desktop (Hardware ID 2E22) and I am in a 64-bit environment, thus 32-bit patches will not work for my system.

Thank you!

EDIT: I'm an experienced Windows and Linux administrator so I have no qualms about jumping in and getting my hands dirty if need be. I'm very comfortable with the command line.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the G45 chipset with X4500HD in a desktop (Hardware ID 2E22) and I am in a 64-bit environment, thus 32-bit patches will not work for my system.

But we all here know that there is no 64-bit kext for this chip .. how do you expect to get it working let alone changing the resolution ???

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also have a Dell Latitude E6400 with Intel GMAX3100. Anyone have any sort of workaround or partial solution to this problem yet ? Also, I have hazard's 10.6.6i disk and I tried to install this in this laptop (Dell latutide E6400) but it failed... snow leopard set up gives a kernel panic when I boot from ######. However installing snow leopard 10.6.3 on this laptop works perfectly with the retail version. The reason i say this is because when I used Hazard's disk in my old laptop (Dell Studio 1555) i can see a kext for Intel GM45/X3100 graphics. But when i try to install hazard 10.6.6i to this laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) it gives a kernel panic so I can't install it. Anyone know how to make Hazard's 10.6.6i work on this latitude E6400 because hazard's 10.6.6i disk has that GMAX3100 driver.

• 1 year later...

Anyone got this card to work in ML ?

we need 64bit version for X3100FP kext modified to device code 2a42

Update: I patched the X3100FB next from SL and it works perfectly (kext attached).

Thx. Work, but I have "black screen" Screen backlight switch to off mode.

Anyone got this card to work in ML ?

we need 64bit version for X3100FP kext modified to device code 2a42

Update: I patched the X3100FB next from SL and it works perfectly (kext attached).

hello

u patched with what ?

thanks

good hack