GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Finally!!!

got my native resolution on my acer 5732z

followed these instructions here 915resolution

but first i had to install Chameleon 2.0 RC4 located here Chameleon 2.0 RC4 installer

hopefully this will help anyone else stuck with the Intel GL40 chipset / GMA4500M

This finallly worked for me after no other native resolution method has! Finally -- on a Dell Latitude e6400 with gmax4500mhd!

If it`s possible what? Is the 10.4 different somehow? No need of QE/CI or what?

... I've installed Tiger, when I installed the kext the resolution was the same and when I boot in single root user -s and typed kextload /system/library/extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

it says is don't compatible, right now I don't care about QE, I've tryed the chameleon but, I don't think its possible to make chameleon work on Tiger :(

Is there a way to install Chameleon 2 in 10.4 Tiger so I can replace the boot file??

Hi..

I have a Dell Studio 1537 :censored2: with 10.5.5 installed. Have done Config as Max has suggested. Works perfect.

Have tried to install SL from retail DVD and from SL Universal Distro. The installs work fine but when fixing resolution screen reboots to gray.. No mouse etc. Any way to compare the system installs to see where it is getting corrupted?

Thx in advance.

T3400 intel

Device id 0x2a42

Revision ID 0x0007

post-197489-1266601284_thumb.png

post-197489-1266601268_thumb.png

Hi..

I have a Dell Studio 1537 :( with 10.5.5 installed. Have done Config as Max has suggested. Works perfect.

Have tried to install SL from retail DVD and from SL Universal Distro. The installs work fine but when fixing resolution screen reboots to gray.. No mouse etc. Any way to compare the system installs to see where it is getting corrupted?

Thx in advance.

T3400 intel

Device id 0x2a42

Revision ID 0x0007

I suggest u to try this for Snow Leopard: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=209665

Works fine to me(btw all the ways to get native resolution on 4500 works fine on my laptop) and I think that this way is better :)

Hi..

I have a Dell Studio 1537 :P with 10.5.5 installed. Have done Config as Max has suggested. Works perfect.

Thx in advance.

T3400 intel

Device id 0x2a42

Revision ID 0x0007

TKS for the help. I tried the deviato install with SL . This make the resolution 1280 x 800. This is squished on my screen. Any way to get it to 1280 x 1024 ? Regards;

hi everyone , there is a patch for intel GMA 4500 i got it working on my dv6-1235dx. Just to let people know i did not make this patch. i don't even rember where i found it. so to install it you will need to go to the Terminal and also you need mac os x 10.5.7 to install it. once in the Terminal type in sudo -s than enter your password than than just drag and drop patch4500-2.bash to the terminal than after it hit space than type -rf than enter and it should install and it will ask you to restart than restart. Also its a patch that writes over the x3100 and when you look at system profiler it will say x3100 but it has the right res and the right MB of video. Mine worked and im at 1280 by 800.

patch4500_2.bash.zip

Still no QE in this patch?

hi everyone , there is a patch for intel GMA 4500 i got it working on my dv6-1235dx. Just to let people know i did not make this patch. i don't even rember where i found it. so to install it you will need to go to the Terminal and also you need mac os x 10.5.7 to install it. once in the Terminal type in sudo -s than enter your password than than just drag and drop patch4500-2.bash to the terminal than after it hit space than type -rf than enter and it should install and it will ask you to restart than restart. Also its a patch that writes over the x3100 and when you look at system profiler it will say x3100 but it has the right res and the right MB of video. Mine worked and im at 1280 by 800.

No sorry about that like i said i didn't make it. I also don't know where i got it lol. but it dose support QuartzGL. At least thats a start. Maybe someone can look at the code and device ids that people have?

Still no QE in this patch?

</div>

Hi guys, sorry bother you (again) but, please be honest!

DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT WE GONNA HAVE QE SUPPORT ON THE 4500?? Card???

When Apple decides to use Core i5/i7 CPUs on their MBPs, the chipsets has to be GL 4 Express, so there will be original kext, very similar to the kext we need for our GPUs. For now, stay and pray :)

Hi,

Does someone has found a trick to play mkv with this poor 4500mhd under a hackintosh ?

If yes, which program/settings ?

Thanks in advance !

You will be lucky guy, if u can watch fullscreen videos, forget about .mkv HD videos. VLC and MPlayer OS X plays .mkv

You will be lucky guy, if u can watch fullscreen videos, forget about .mkv HD videos. VLC and MPlayer OS X plays .mkv

hey, I've got BluRay mkv rips working in full screen with vlc, even w/o qe/ci. everything works flawlessly. i've uploaded a video on youtube while doing some tests on this piece of s.hit of a card, go check it out:

1st video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyjumczDD8A

2nd video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03SvBhb5IRw

hey, I've got BluRay mkv rips working in full screen with vlc, even w/o qe/ci. everything works flawlessly. i've uploaded a video on youtube while doing some tests on this piece of s.hit of a card, go check it out:

1st video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyjumczDD8A

2nd video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03SvBhb5IRw

What machine are you running? For unaccelerated it is impressive.

What machine are you running? For unaccelerated it is impressive.

Hardware-Übersicht:

Modellname: Mac Pro

Modell-Identifizierung: MacPro4,1

Prozessortyp: Intel Core 2 Duo

Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2.17 GHz

Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1

Gesamtzahl der Kerne: 2

L2-Cache: 1 MB

Speicher: 4 GB

Busgeschwindigkeit: 800 MHz

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. Not a very special configuration.