GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

I have the intel GMA 4500 and I am using the intel X3100 kext.

I get 1366x768 resolution. Works fine. QE is not supported, kinda a bummer, but Quartz GL is supported.

I have a widescreen display and it the resolution looks great.

Just google Intel X3100 os x, you should find it. I have the files, and will post them if anyone needs me to.

Hope this helps.

Could you post your files and how to install them. (I am newbie)

Thanks

I have the intel GMA 4500 and I am using the intel X3100 kext.

I get 1366x768 resolution. Works fine. QE is not supported, kinda a bummer, but Quartz GL is supported.

I have a widescreen display and it the resolution looks great.

Just google Intel X3100 os x, you should find it. I have the files, and will post them if anyone needs me to.

Hope this helps.

My components:

DESKTOP PC:

-Monitor - ACER 1440 X 900 resolution

-Mainboard 775: GigaByte GA-G41M-ES2L

-CPU 775 Core 2 Duo: Intel Core 2 Duo Prozessor

-OnBoard Audio

-OnBoard Lan

Everything is working fine, even my audio HD (headphones) In/Out..

except for

--OnBoard Display - GMA X4500 Dev Id 2e32

What is the best solution for that...

I have tried all of the possible kexts modification, installing CHAMELEONxxx or even Grubxxx... and followed guides from forums InsanelyMac & Hackintosh..

it's still not working... anybody.... HELLLLL....LLLP! PLEASE..

My components:

DESKTOP PC:

-Monitor - ACER 1440 X 900 resolution

-Mainboard 775: GigaByte GA-G41M-ES2L

-CPU 775 Core 2 Duo: Intel Core 2 Duo Prozessor

-OnBoard Audio

-OnBoard Lan

Everything is working fine, even my audio HD (headphones) In/Out..

except for

--OnBoard Display - GMA X4500 Dev Id 2e32

What is the best solution for that...

I have tried all of the possible kexts modification, installing CHAMELEONxxx or even Grubxxx... and followed guides from forums InsanelyMac & Hackintosh..

it's still not working... anybody.... HELLLLL....LLLP! PLEASE..

Dude, u are with desktop system, we are the problematic guys, with the laptops. Go find some second hand nVidia 7xxx or 8xxx card and u will have fully working system!

Dude, u are with desktop system, we are the problematic guys, with the laptops. Go find some second hand nVidia 7xxx or 8xxx card and u will have fully working system!

I think, the problem is that his motherboard has integrated video card. So, we are in the same boat :)

You are right about that...I was actually thinking the same thing, I just don't want my Onboard VGA left unused coz it has a 1GB graphics memory, and trying to do something about it..

...maybe we'll just have to wait for the kexts or patch that'll work.

Thanks anyway...

VBIOS and EFI files from Intel, see if you can do anything with this.

Thanks ... but i'm using ideneb v1.6 10.5.8...

... i'll try this one...

VBIOS and EFI files from Intel, see if you can do anything with this.

Thanks ... but i'm using ideneb v1.6 10.5.8...

... i'll try this one...

just wanted to report that after 10.6.3 update the patched x3100 kext i was using is no longer working.i'm currently trying several solutions.i'll probably go with the chameleon native resolution patch

edit: the chameleon patch still works

just wanted to report that after 10.6.3 update the patched x3100 kext i was using is no longer working.i'm currently trying several solutions.i'll probably go with the chameleon native resolution patch

edit: the chameleon patch still works

It works but mouse icon freezed.

I zoomed the screen, and I saw the mouse actually moves

the x3100fb still works you just have to re apply it in kext utility.

could you tell me which one your using.mine is definitely not working,when it loads i get no mouse or trackpad movement.with have a framebuffer kext loaded my external display is only 1280x800 resolution.

i stayed away from updating chaemeleon at all costs as it just {censored} on my booy for win 7 and SL

i'm on 10.6.3 as i'm typing this while using the modified x3100 kext and its framebuffer kext and all is well

dunno if the chameleon patch has anything to do it with

ok you guys are right,looked through my old saved stuff and found an older version that works,i'm back to 1440 x900 on my second display

Can you share it with me?

I lost mouse pointer ,too. And the system auto logs out

thanks, but the mouse pointer was represented by a bar made of some colorful dots.

not sure what to tell you,they are working for me.unless something happened zipping them and uploading.i'm pretty sure they came from kexts.com originally,maybe try getting them from there.

I sick and tired of waiting QE/CI kexts for video card.

everyday I check this forum 4-5 time in a hope that someone did some kexts. :(

this is a post of despair....

I do the same thing,it sucks even more for me because i just got a little acer one for $250. and it runs snow leopard with QE right out of the box(no looking for kexts,no panic kernals,etc),the install was just as easy as installing windows 7 and probably faster.just got everything ready on a usb stick and installed

not sure what to tell you,they are working for me.unless something happened zipping them and uploading.i'm pretty sure they came from kexts.com originally,maybe try getting them from there.

I do the same thing,it sucks even more for me because i just got a little acer one for $250. and it run snow leopard with QE right out of the box,the install was just as easy as installing windows 7 and probably faster

thanks, but i think sth is broke by the update. since i have my kexts working in 10.6.2 before.

i will just wait till someone figure it out.