GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

sorry don't know what happened there "gma4500 resolution and 512 mb MEMORY, try this?"is a topic in this forum

Amazing!!! IT WORKS NOW!!!

good x3100 descendancy :D .... this is a call for super hero coders cause only QE in missing and everybody knows it would be great (cmon assembler guys.. do the job and I promise i'll be generous.. at least 50euros for the winner)

now the question is; why is my screen some kind of purple??? now blue selections are purple..  :rolleyes::):wacko:

any ideas??

AH OK!!!

Let's answer this question by myself..

Enabling this kext, the colour profile enables too.. soo you have to adjust colour profiles to what you desire..

Damn, I fell QE is kinda really near in support... it works now at 99% with even colour profiles and VGA OUT enabled !!!!

In the meanwhile, thanks to all... the comunity is some kind of heroes league :D :D

:)

i tried time ago this one.. without luck..

what should it be for?? i guess it's only x3100fb.. :rolleyes:

No, there are 3 kexts in this package, and they all are X4500 orientated. Right click on the pkg file, then Show package content, go to Recourses, then unzip the 4500...gz file and in the System/Library/Extensions and Tempfiles u will find those kexts. Check out the info.plist in each kext.

Amazing!!! IT WORKS NOW!!!

good x3100 descendancy :D .... this is a call for super hero coders cause only QE in missing and everybody knows it would be great (cmon assembler guys.. do the job and I promise i'll be generous.. at least 50euros for the winner)

now the question is; why is my screen some kind of purple??? now blue selections are purple..  ;):P:wacko:

any ideas??

AH OK!!!

Let's answer this question by myself..

Enabling this kext, the colour profile enables too.. soo you have to adjust colour profiles to what you desire..

Damn, I fell QE is kinda really near in support... it works now at 99% with even colour profiles and VGA OUT enabled !!!!

In the meanwhile, thanks to all... the comunity is some kind of heroes league :D :D

your welcome,happy to hear you got it working.I'm sure fully woking QE is just around the corner.in the meantime here's a couple of programs i use(sorry i don't have links) to not miss having QE as much

TransBar for tansparent menubar

JustLooking for Preview

Picasa instead of iphoto

Freakshow for Photobooth

Skype to replace ichat and

VLC to watch dvd

i thought playing dvd would cause overhaeting but my laptop doesn't go over 70

real macs run between 60 and 90 under load so i think 70 is ok

almost forgot Snapz Pro X for screenshots

post-508916-1267916981_thumb.jpg

your welcome,happy to hear you got it working.I'm sure fully woking QE is just around the corner.in the meantime here's a couple of programs i use(sorry i don't have links) to not miss having QE as much

TransBar for tansparent menubar

JustLooking for Preview

Picasa instead of iphoto

Freakshow for Photobooth

Skype to replace ichat and

VLC to watch dvd

i thought playing dvd would cause overhaeting but my laptop doesn't go over 70

real macs run between 60 and 90 under load so i think 70 is ok

almost forgot Sapz Pro X for screenshots

post-508916-1267916981_thumb.jpg

Nice man!!! 

Lol desktop indeed ahhahaha

thanks for sharing your usefull apps.. 

but.. Do you know i'm able to use Photobooth.. I remeber that it should not work with QE off... but... mine works.. even with VGA only webcam in my lenovo 

;):wacko::P

No, there are 3 kexts in this package, and they all are X4500 orientated. Right click on the pkg file, then Show package content, go to Recourses, then unzip the 4500...gz file and in the System/Library/Extensions and Tempfiles u will find those kexts. Check out the info.plist in each kext.

Yes.. I saw that.. interesting but what to do with this kext?? 

Maybe apple started initial support for 4500 until they decided that low end macs would have 9400 nvidia gpu rather than intel chipset.. but genius bar tag is not pointing to apple..

:stretcher:

FYI  :(

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
<string>GMAX4500 1.0 Copyrights © 2009 GeniusBAR Team</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>it.geniusbar.pkg.GMAX4500</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>GMAX4500</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>IFMajorVersion</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>IFMinorVersion</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IFPkgBuildDate</key>
<date>2009-04-26T21:00:02Z</date>
<key>IFPkgBuildVersion</key>
<string>9G55</string>
<key>IFPkgCreator</key>
<string>IcebergBuilder 1.2.4</string>
<key>IFPkgFlagAllowBackRev</key>
<false/>
<key>IFPkgFlagAuthorizationAction</key>
<string>AdminAuthorization</string>
<key>IFPkgFlagDefaultLocation</key>
<string>/</string>
<key>IFPkgFlagFollowLinks</key>
<false/>
<key>IFPkgFlagInstalledSize</key>
<integer>1196</integer>
<key>IFPkgFlagIsRequired</key>
<false/>
<key>IFPkgFlagOverwritePermissions</key>
<false/>
<key>IFPkgFlagRelocatable</key>
<false/>
<key>IFPkgFlagRestartAction</key>
<string>RecommendedRestart</string>
<key>IFPkgFlagRootVolumeOnly</key>
<false/>
<key>IFPkgFlagUpdateInstalledLanguages</key>
<false/>
<key>IFPkgFormatVersion</key>
<real>0.10000000149011612</real>
</dict>
</plist>

GMAX4500 1.0 Copyrights © 2009 GeniusBAR Team

So, it`s definitely not a genuine Apple`s kext. What U all guys think, is there any benefit from this GeniusBAR Team`s kext? :P

Genius Bar is located in every Apple store.. can't find info about the Hackintosh team on google. We should consider contacting/contracting them  :)

So in everyones opinion what is the current best way to get native res. The chameleon patched boot or which .kext package?

Also does QuartzGL work, not QE. I can get QuartzGL in Leopard working. But wondering about Snow and it's 32bit/64bit modes. There is half a dozen threads on the GMA4500 and there is probably that many .kext options.

I made the patch that u are using in iWork 08, like I sad, iWork 09 NEEDS QE, while iWork 08 I could disable the QE, in iWork 09 I can't so u need QE to use the 09 version of iWork :(

Why u don't buy a copy of Office 2008 Mac? Works Grea even withou QE support!!!!!

I could send to you a link for the Office in Megaupload if u want

Alright, thanks. I am using now Office 2008 and it works fine without QE. :)

When I have download this file en open the .pkg I only get to see two kexts? :S

How to install these kexts, just with Kexthelper B7? What do you mean with: 'Check out the info.plist in each kext.'?

Good job, keep it going! :D

Had a look and these,the 2 4500 kexts looks like they are really old leopard kexts renamed,the b84 is a nait kext renamed.I fired up leopard and tried to install them anyway,no luck,played around with different combinations without success. they were posted in september of 09 so if they worked i think we would have heard of them by now.It was worth a try anyway,

So in everyones opinion what is the current best way to get native res. The chameleon patched boot or which .kext package?

Also does QuartzGL work, not QE. I can get QuartzGL in Leopard working. But wondering about Snow and it's 32bit/64bit modes. There is half a dozen threads on the GMA4500 and there is probably that many .kext options.

At least in my opinion, both.. so you get right bootloader resolution and extended support in snow leopard..

in snow you have to work with 32bit compatibility mode enabled, if not the kext will not be loaded and you will get only native resolution but no colour profiles and VGA out. No quartz support at all in snow leo..

I'm quite good in linux kernel patches but in BSD support is different.. i have no idea at all how to improve/make existing kext..

We need someone from the old video cards projects, but they seem to be far from this community now..  :)

At least in my opinion, both.. so you get right bootloader resolution and extended support in snow leopard..

in snow you have to work with 32bit compatibility mode enabled, if not the kext will not be loaded and you will get only native resolution but no colour profiles and VGA out. No quartz support at all in snow leo..

I'm quite good in linux kernel patches but in BSD support is different.. i have no idea at all how to improve/make existing kext..

We need someone from the old video cards projects, but they seem to be far from this community now..  :)

just to say that I am booting in 64 bit mode and using VGA OUT, to get it to work I just close the lid immediately on boot and get the signal out on the external LCD screen, with the correct resolution (I use only that monitor, builtin LCD is disabled doing so but I don't need it..)

bye!

We need someone from the old video cards projects, but they seem to be far from this community now.. :o

Which .kext package are you using? I got Deviato's chameleon's package and my dell1510 should be here this week. Once that is in my Acer 1410 I'll try Snow Leopard.

Thanks

Which .kext package are you using? I got Deviato's chameleon's package and my dell1510 should be here this week. Once that is in my Acer 1410 I'll try Snow Leopard.

Thanks

I'm using the one posted upper in this thread.. 

OK GUYS... 10.6.3 is almost there to be released.. it will be a big patch , about 800MB, and will include lots of new preexistent  video drivers... it's one of our last chances to get something, barely something  :o

I'm using the one posted upper in this thread..

OK GUYS... 10.6.3 is almost there to be released.. it will be a big patch , about 800MB, and will include lots of new preexistent video drivers... it's one of our last chances to get something, barely something :o

I've been looking at the DSDT of my 1410 and the video section is very very vague. Not like most DSDT it has the video device as OVGA and there is no descriptors in it. I'm wondering if DSDT hacks would help at all. I just wish I had some developer blood in me.....

I've been looking at the DSDT of my 1410 and the video section is very very vague. Not like most DSDT it has the video device as OVGA and there is no descriptors in it. I'm wondering if DSDT hacks would help at all. I just wish I had some developer blood in me.....

DSDT would be great for adapting, here i guess we need brand new kext code  :o