Intel 82566mm Ethernet works on Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3)

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

vladthebad

vladthebad

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Thankyou!

Works great on my supermicro board.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813182149
Another incompatability bites the dust!

wayover

wayover

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
vmware Fusion doesn't work for me, with Bridge interface settings.. please confirm or rebuttal this.
> Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82566DM Gigabit Network Connection [8086:104a] (rev 02)

GLXOZ

GLXOZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
I hope in future versions of kexts will display correctly information on the actions recieved and send packages.

slipttees

slipttees

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
I will test this driver thus resolve the problem with my HD

thanks

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
tnx a million dingguijin! been waiting for this for almost a year now. ;) now my onboard 82566dc-2 gigabit lan controller works and my retail leopard os experience is complete!

wayover

wayover

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Oct. 14 2008 no changes for me

tnx a million dingguijin! been waiting for this for almost a year now. :thumbsup_anim: now my onboard 82566dc-2 gigabit lan controller works and my retail leopard os experience is complete!

hi, you run this kext with VMware Bridge, or is it just my problem? Help

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Oct. 14 2008 no changes for me

hi, you run this kext with VMware Bridge, or is it just my problem? Help

nope. used the kext to work from my retail leopard's bootloader. just followed the guide by Alain on how to change the OSBundleLibraries strings.

wayover

wayover

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
MACinized, vmware fusion a program for OS virtualization. you do not use this program?

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

MACinized, vmware fusion a program for OS virtualization. you do not use this program?

used to but now, i'm totally weaned from windows. ;) i've also setup my pc to dual-boot w/ winxp coz i'm looking forward to diablo 3. hopefully there'd be a mac version. :thumbsup_anim:

[EDIT]

hey dingguijin, your kext causes a kernel panic at shutdown. any advice? btw, i'm using OpenHaltRestart.kext to fix restart/shutdown. now that i have your kext, restart is ok but shutdown gives me kernel panic.

drew630

drew630

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you!!! I had to use the program "Kext Helper b7" in order to get it to install correctly.

dingguijin

dingguijin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I need test the compatibility with the shutdown/start (openHaltRestart.kext). Maybe the power management is needed in the Intel82566MM driver.

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

I need test the compatibility with the shutdown/start (openHaltRestart.kext). Maybe the power management is needed in the Intel82566MM driver.

i've attached the OpenHaltRestart.kext i'm using.

Attached Files

psychonaut

psychonaut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

hey dingguijin, your kext causes a kernel panic at shutdown. any advice? btw, i'm using OpenHaltRestart.kext to fix restart/shutdown. now that i have your kext, restart is ok but shutdown gives me kernel panic.

DP35DP also and no kernel panics. Have you installed this on your OSX drive or on your bootload partition?

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

DP35DP also and no kernel panics. Have you installed this on your OSX drive or on your bootload partition?

bootloader-partition. kernel panic/"curtain of death" during shutdown. basically the only new kexts for me are this Intel82566MM & for my audio (HDAEnabler & AppleHDA). had no more issues for restart/shutdown until now. another problem i'm getting, my optical drive is no longer being detected by leopard. :D advice pls.

mat_ov

mat_ov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's working for me, but the driver won't survive a sleep.

You see, if I don't put my laptop to sleep, the keyboard does not work (I have a LG laptop).

Is there anything that can be done so the card will resume correctly after the sleep?

wayover

wayover

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
today i'm try clean reinstall leo(9E25) and use only three modefied kexts - dsmos.kext, AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext, AppleIntel8255x.kext(for my two lancard(Pro 100 [8086:1229] (rev 08). no changes, vmware silently, host ping guest machine, guest ping only host machine, but not view other machine in local subnet. conf- E6300 Intel DQ965GF, 7300GT

spidEY

spidEY

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks dingguijin, you rock! My ethernet finally works. I have an Intel DP35DP. I installed it with Kext Helper b7 under Kalyway 10.5.5. ;)

EmotionalWreck

EmotionalWreck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you, works perfectly on an rig with the following:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Asus Berkeley-GL8E motherboard
3GB RAM
400GB ATA hard drive (this was actually what gave met the most trouble)
Realtek ALC888S integrated sound
Nvidia 8600GT

psychonaut

psychonaut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

advice pls.

I think its because of the way you are loading it. Remove it from your Bootloader partition and install it "correctly". reboot and try shut down. Result?

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

I think its because of the way you are loading it. Remove it from your Bootloader partition and install it "correctly". reboot and try shut down. Result?

shouldn't be a problem. other extra kexts are properly loaded. & what would be the point of having a separate bootloader if i still have to [touch] the retail leopard install? ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy