297 replies to this topic

guruuno1

guruuno1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
OK, either I am a dummy or I need help.
Following these directions:(from a post here)

I then opened up Terminal and change my directory to where the file was located and proceeded typing the following commands in the same order.

$ sudo mv AppleAirPort2 System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext/Contents/MacOS/
$ sudo chown -R root:wheel System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext
$ sudo cp -r System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext /System/Library/Extensions <<--- When this line of command was typed, I got an error about the two directories are identical but I just ignored it.
$ sudo kextload System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext

The following errors are listed:

1>No such file or directory (1st line)
I have terminal window open, I am at the root of my home folder where the AppleAirPort2.kext file is located so I look for the destination, /Contents/MacOS/ and cannot find, so I assume that is the error? If so, then what is the resolve?

2>Cannot get further because of that error

Please help

wss7932

wss7932

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Just discovered I can use iStumbler to get around the command line airport --associate. Download it. It works fine.

maddutchman

maddutchman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Istumbler....... thanks very very much!!!! :huh:

jcruzlara

jcruzlara

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Wondering if n e one has got the linksys WPC54G working on a Compaq Presario x1000 if so please tell me how you got it to work (wot guide you used or wot kext you used)

BlueScreenOfTOM

BlueScreenOfTOM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Read the last page. Some people have been successful, but if you don't have your wired network working and if you're running platform=x86pc, your chances are slim. I believe this card needs the ACPI option to see any networks.

jcruzlara

jcruzlara

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Awsome thanks I'll try to buy it

Zeph

Zeph

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

OK, either I am a dummy or I need help.
Following these directions:(from a post here)
I then opened up Terminal and change my directory to where the file was located and proceeded typing the following commands in the same order.

$ sudo mv AppleAirPort2 System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext/Contents/MacOS/
$ sudo cp -r System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext /System/Library/Extensions <<--- When this line of command was typed, I got an error about the two directories are identical but I just ignored it.
$ sudo kextload System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext

The following errors are listed:

1>No such file or directory (1st line)
I have terminal window open, I am at the root of my home folder where the AppleAirPort2.kext file is located so I look for the destination, /Contents/MacOS/ and cannot find, so I assume that is the error? If so, then what is the resolve?

2>Cannot get further because of that error

Please help

If youre in your home directory you need to do

$ sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext

jcruzlara

jcruzlara

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
OK gues what I went out and bought it. I swear I've tried to hard to get the thing to work but I have gcc but it's just a bunch of folders and files and I have no clue what to do with them. And also I get a bunch of errors when I type in gcc something soemthing something foo.c would somebody that got the wpc54g working on their computer please send me the kext. Im desprate :huh:

Edit: K found the porblem took out the card looked under it and it said ver.2 I'll see if my friend wants to switch with me he has an older version that might be ver.1

Elv13

Elv13

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
where is the file? the link is broken, is it possible to upload it corectly?

jcruzlara

jcruzlara

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

It's in the back posts, someone made a post that said simply "Download here" with a link. It goes to another forum post where someone attached it.

Here it is:
http://forum.osx86pr...?showtopic=1655

Lol I found out the hard way that you should really look at the previous pages before posting but yea I guess we should'nt be lazy i gave up at page 11 :P

GooberKing

GooberKing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sad to report that this does not work with my Acer Ferrari 3400. Everything runs apart from WiFi (Broadcom BCM4306 mini-PCI) and the Broadcom Gigabit LAN.

I loaded the driver as described (http://forum.osx86pr...?showtopic=1655), the airport symbol shows up in the top bar, but when I right click it says 'Airport: Not Configured' which is grayed out.. :( No network pretty much makes the thing useless...

vixdee

vixdee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Sad to report that this does not work with my Acer Ferrari 3400. Everything runs apart from WiFi (Broadcom BCM4306 mini-PCI) and the Broadcom Gigabit LAN.

I loaded the driver as described (http://forum.osx86pr...?showtopic=1655), the airport symbol shows up in the top bar, but when I right click it says 'Airport: Not Configured' which is grayed out.. :( No network pretty much makes the thing useless...

I had the same pb with my Ferrari 3200. now i can use wireless connections. The airport icon is still grayed but i can surf !
here's what i've done:(it's on a previous page on this thread page 12)

If your Broadcom card is being detected as "Built-in ethernet" and the Apple Airport status icon says "Airport: Not Configured", I have a solution. It worked for me, so it will probably work for you.

Open up terminal:
cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/A/Resources
sudo ./airport --associate

Now just type in your SSID and WEP key and you should be ready to surf.
You can also scan for SSIDs by typing:
./airport --scan

hope this helps
vixdee

jcruzlara

jcruzlara

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I need help now I downloaded the kext and bought a Belkin F5D7011 wich the site way back in page 3 said had a supported chip but nothing happens when I plug it in I've tried repearing permisions rebootting booting normal bootting acpi and x86pc there is no power to the card the lights don't shine should i take it back and get a f5d7010? or is there a way to get it to work?

?? anyone please.....

jcruzlara

jcruzlara

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Well thanks for the help I guess I'll just stick to the ethernet adapter

Ryo

Ryo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
The file found here: http://forum.osx86pr...?showtopic=1655
Also works with the Dell wireless 1350, BCM4320 chipset that came in my Inspiron 5160.

Vheissu

Vheissu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I try to

sudo kextload /system/library/extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext

as root, I get the error

kextload: extension /system/library/extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions) and a popup saying it is not installed properly..

Anyone any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, after LOTS of trial and error, got it working. Great stuff. :huh:

Merlwiz79

Merlwiz79

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Tofind out what chip you have search for it here this will tell you every thing about your Wireless or lan card.
http://www.modem-help.com/search.php

gman4dx266

gman4dx266

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I need some major help in doing the GCC method on the foo.c file

What i have accomplished so far:
-Made the actual foo.c file with all the added lines...or atleast i think i did it right.
-Uncompressed the .bz2 airport kext from the darwin 8.0.1 CD

I am totally lost doing all this...i have done something wrong in the foo.c file because it tells me 'Waring: NULL redefined" and "Warning: this is the location of the previous definition"

I have gotten these other errors during my trial/error process:

foo.c mad magic number (not a Mach-0 file)
can't map file: /System/Library/Extentions/AppleAirPort2.kext/Contents/MacOS ((os/kern)) invalid argument)

Can someone help a n00b out??

Also, do i take the line numbers out of this file?> http://fxr.watson.or....c?v=OPENDARWIN

Thanks to all that help!!

Spork033

Spork033

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

A lot of Dells came with a "Dell Wireless 1350" which at least those that I've seen were Broadcom 4306's. I've got one running in mine as I type this.

Thanks to lagnat for finding the solution which basically completes my Hackintosh...

My Dell 1350 is BCM94306, this still doesn't work for me...

EDIT: I had only tried my card on a WPA network (we use it here on campus) and so I went home to my suite and hooked up my old linksys and found that my card works fine for WEP networks using the airport --scan thing or istumbler.

Only problem is, I don't really feel like carrying a wireless router around with me everywhere on campus :P If someone knows of a USB dongle that supports WPA please let us know :) thx

gman4dx266

gman4dx266

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
UPDATE:

I have gotten my card to somewhat work...maybe about 20-25%

It loads the kext at bootup, and powers on, but at the login screen, the card powers down(as soon as it hits the GUI). If it doesnt power down, it does it when i try to specify an AP and Encryption(wep) key manually. I cant for the life of me get it to power back on. Ive tried sudo kextunload /system/library/extentions/appleairport2.kext and it tells me that i have an invalid bundle id. Also, if i remove the card and reinsert it, it wont power back on...anyone know what to do??

UPDATE 2:

I got the card to sort of stay on. What i mean is, if i set up an adhoc network (computer to computer) it will stay on and work (or so i think, the adhoc net wont show up on my xp pc's) Maybe this info will help someone, who knows... Card still does not power back on after being ejected, however thats probably something being stupid with my O2Micro pccard controller...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy