OSX86Tools Final Release is Here

~pcwiz

42 posts in this topic

Somehow the latest version seems not to always work as compared to v149.

I have two partitions on an external USB HD, one of Kalyway 10.5.4 while the other iDeneb 10.5.4.

The AppleACPIPlatform.kext was of v1.21 in Kalyway and of v1.03 in iDeneb. So I try to use the Install Kernel function of OSX86Tools to install that kext from Kaly to iDen but somehow iDeneb can't be updated.

I have to remove manually that in iDen before a successful installation.

Thanks for your great tool!!!!

One problem I have found in Version 1.0.150:

If I want to install PC EFI V8 the new wizard says ... "Running DD" and then DD is unable to complete" - I have chosen the right Partition...

If I want to install Chameleon it says after a very short Time "Chameleon successfully installed" but in both: If I reboot nothing is installed and it leaves me with a blank cursor...

In Version 1.0.148 in the old "terminal wizard" everything works very well with installing PC_EFi or Chameleon. So I had to use it for reinstalling Chameleon.

I don´t know if it´s only a problem on my hack or if it is a global issue...

That "-f" issue has nothing to do with the bootloader, that issue is something wrong with the kext cache (nothing to do with OSx86Tools). For PS/2 you can use my PS/2 fix installer for 10.5.4, but if you have 10.5.5 I've had reports that the AppleACPIPS2Nub doesn't work on it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Love the tool. So I am having issues with downloading&install on two things it finds.

I get an applescript error

curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'osx86tools.osx86.hu' (6)

And earlier It would not create a directory to download and install...

I use OSX86tools and it is very useful. Especially to reinstall a bootloader or activate partitions. However I found a bug, and its workaround : if you get an error message such as "unable to complete command" when trying to use FDisk for example, it is probably because the boot volume name contains a space. To avoid this bug, you simply need to remove any space characters in the volume name, e.g. change "My OSX86 Disk" to "MyOSX86Disk" before using OSX86Tools commands.