Pwnage Tool 2.1 Released

103 posts in this topic

Anyone have news about Installer 4 release ?? Cydia is {censored}, non-userfriendly package manager and I hope pwnage 2 will be updated to enable choose of the package manager. (it actully does but only cydia is aviable so it's a fake choice ^^)

lol no one replied to my first post so I'll post it again :P

please reply!

I have an unlocked jailbroken iphone although it's still on 1.1.2 on an 02-UK (not the iphone contract I kept my original cheaper contract)...is it safe to use pwnage with it?

thanks

this may sound like a dumb question, but is it possible to un-pwn your iPhone after it's been done? I'm set to get mine this week, but I don't want to bugger it up and mess up my warranty...

You can always unjailbreak your phone by firing up itunes and loading the unpwned firmware back on. Jailbreaking doesn't really have any risk, because you can always put your phone into dfu mode and recover.

If you run pwnage in expert mode, select custom logo's and 'un-check' them, you will keep the original apple boot up logo and the iTunes logo when in DFU mode. ;) thats what i did with mine and it works. (or you can add your own png's) I use to have the 'classic' apple logo

post-140932-1216749498_thumb.jpg

My upgrade went very well. Was on 1.4 and 2.0.1 loaded without issue.

From a daily basis perspective, I am a bit disappointed in 2.0. The phone seems sluggish at times when I select contacts or SMS. Curious if anyone else is feeling the same pause that I didn't have before. On 1.1.4, the phone never hesitated when I selected icons.

I have noticed a lag when typing text messages and contacts. I have had a few issues with my 3G iPhone.... when a call drops from poor service the phone locks up and I can not force a reset for about 5 minutes.. its very odd! already restored a few times, I'm not that impressed with version 2 software. if it wasn't for selling my 2G iPhone, i'd be using it again on 1.1.4 as I would downgrade from v2.

however Pwnage worked amazingly well on my and the several iPhones i have upgraded to v2 (expert mode to keep the apple boot logo)