Pwnage Tool 2.1 Released

103 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
2.0.2 released hours ago.

Applied, the custom fimware, restoring from backup now, and then sync Apps...

Updated :) Working nice, some people are having problems with the version on rapidshare... use zippy! Everything working here: cydia, mail, wifi...

how do you update from the jailbroken 2.0 soft to 2.0.1 without loosing all ur current jailbroken stuff (downloaded apps, themes, ect..). Also, is dfu mode the same as recovery mode? and if not, how do i get into recovery mode?

... but you need to deselect Activation on Expert Mode, sometimes it freezes for a moment, sometimes it reboots, but that also happens before the Pwnage (less frequent though)

thx Macgirl

worked for me too sim locked iPhone 3G black 16GB (European Version)

...still sim locked but jailb. Fw 2.01 + some games :(

Guys, I'm waiting 2 months to get accepted to iphone dev program and I grew beard of it... I need to test some stuff on the real device - iTouch with 8gb. I have successfully updated it to 2.0. My question is, can Pwnage Tool be used to... jailbreak the iTouch so I can use iPhone SDK to load programs on it and restore it back when apple accepts me sometime in the years to come?

Guys, I'm waiting 2 months to get accepted to iphone dev program and I grew beard of it... I need to test some stuff on the real device - iTouch with 8gb. I have successfully updated it to 2.0. My question is, can Pwnage Tool be used to... jailbreak the iTouch so I can use iPhone SDK to load programs on it and restore it back when apple accepts me sometime in the years to come?

Oh dear... I just applied the other day. Why the hell is it so hard to take my $99 and move on... It's not like they aren't going to sit on each app we publish for two weeks anyway before they release them. What's the hold up now that it's not beta? Let us in for crying out loud.

i'm new to iphone unlocking and jailbreaking but... what do you mean with still simlocked?

with jailbreak i'm still unable to use with any simcard?

Correct. Jailbreak means you can install unsanctioned apps on the phone. Unlocked means you can use other carrier SIMs. They are two separate processes, and so far only the first has worked with the 2.0.x firmware. You still need AT&T (here in the US) for the time being.

i got my new created FW but then DFU ERROR... (iPhone 3g)

i wish you success Numberzz

€: What did you? I always get that damn error and my Phone is in Restore mode ...

I pwned my 2g to 2.01 from 1.1.1. and get all the bells n whistles only now I cant make or receive calls! great stuff, ive had more headaches from this iphone than PMT and im a bloke

Guest MrRogers
I pwned my 2g to 2.01 from 1.1.1. and get all the bells n whistles only now I cant make or receive calls! great stuff, ive had more headaches from this iphone than PMT and im a bloke

Do you happen to be on AT&T?

I've never Jailbroken or Unlocked an iPhone. Can someone tell me, if I unlock it and it messes up during installation or later on, can I restore it as new?

Jailbreak: Yep, just plug it into iTunes and click Restore. Apple fresh. And... If you hose the device so bad iTunes can't see it anymore, you can put the phone in Recovery Mode and then plug it into iTunes and restore it that way.

Unlock: This may be harder to undo, depending on the method of unlock.

However, if the hardware breaks and you can't restore it, and Apple's repair shop sees that you jailbroke it, they can deny you warranty service based on that. So there is a little risk involved.

pwnage 2.03 on my hackbook, made my custom firmware, re flashed with itunes --) OK

now syncing but may need 1-2 hrs. (indiana jones 1-3, scarface, harry potter 1-7 audiobooks, 2 gb mp3's... :) ).

I did use an old iphone backup when itunes asked me after flashing tom restore...hope I might not get any troubles...or I have to flash again...