Pwnage Tool 2.1 Released

103 posts in this topic

There are many issues reported with this tool and European 3G phones. The biggest being that you will lose 3G connectivity, at least for the Dutch iPhones this is the case. Be warned!

Myself also noticed that the phone became heavily unstable. Crashes every 10 minutes. I am unsure however if that is because of the jailbreak or because I restored my (non-jailbreaked) profile and tools back using iTunes.

Sadly, this doeasnt seem ready yet for use with at least European phones. Other than that its looking very good :D

Belgium iPhones are all unlocked due to local law, same as Italy - no need to wait for a unlock at all :blink:

I heard they were locked to belgian SIM's, so you can't use dutch sims with them, however I don't have any first hand experiences to confirm this, anyone who does, please share!

everything works for me, I can make calls and receive calls. It took a while to connect to my wifi. Alot of apps have an initial loading time. But so far so good. Im on t-mobile in the usa. Im on business now, when I get back to home base I'll pop in 4 other sim cards I have from around the world and I should be going to those places in the next few months for a real test

Worked :D

Recovery Mode =/= DFU Mode! :)

Actually that's "Recovery Mode != DFU Mode" to be programatically correct. :P But yeah. That bit me too.

The Device Support folder issue should be coded into the PWNer. Check for it and make it if it does not exist.

Sweet though. I didn't want to crack my new 3G just for an SSH client, so I used my Touch instead.

=)

if anyone is having issues with the bouncing app (not actually opening pwnage) here is a solution that worked for me...

Hi Guys,

I found the Solution to the Problem i hope it works for you.

1. Launch Activity Monitor

2. Click on Show ALL PROCESSES

3. Launch PwnageTool 2.0 While its Bouncing go to Activity Monitor

4. Find a Process call ps and Quit the process.

As you will quit the Process the Pwnage Tool Should Launch.

I worked For me I hope Work For You Guys :(:)

Does this work for a jailbreaked 1.1.4 iPod Touch 32G ? Can't wait !!!

Mine hadn't been jail-broken yet (it was new) but I think you have to upgrade to 2.0 before running this version. But I may be wrong about that. (Anybody? Anybody?)

It does ask if you've ever been jail-broken before, so you should be alright.

Some report in Hong Kong Forum say that if you got a NO SIM LOCK iphone 3G, go in to expert mode and disable "ACTIVIATE" option.

Then you can use the phone function.

Hey that option worked on my iPhone 3G, after the Pwnage and when connected with iTunes it asked to donwload the local carrier settings, an that made the recognition of my Telcel SIM.

I have 1st generation iphone with 1.1.3 software... if i update to 2.0 will be able to jailbrake and activate my phone so i can use it with t-mobile usa? thanks.

@Macgirl:

Hello, since I noticed you have an iPhone 3G in Mexico, I'd appreciate if you help me solve somethings that I need to know before purchasing one...

Well, I assume you purchased the iPhone from Telcel. So...

1) Is it possible to purchase it as it is? I mean, only the phone without a contract?

2) You have the phone, so... could you tell me if it works fine with another Telcel sim? (an Amigo sim or a Plan GSM100 sim for example)

3) Once jailbraked, does it still make calls and everything?

Thanks a lot.

@Macgirl:

Hello, since I noticed you have an iPhone 3G in Mexico, I'd appreciate if you help me solve somethings that I need to know before purchasing one...

Well, I assume you purchased the iPhone from Telcel. So...

1) Is it possible to purchase it as it is? I mean, only the phone without a contract?

2) You have the phone, so... could you tell me if it works fine with another Telcel sim? (an Amigo sim or a Plan GSM100 sim for example)

3) Once jailbraked, does it still make calls and everything?

Thanks a lot.

1- is not possible right now, there are plans to releaes a prepaid kit, rumors say 3 months.

2- yes a friend put his Amigo Kit (prepaid) and it worked, my SIM was on Virus Plan, and my partner has a GSM100 plan, they all work.

3- yes, but you need to deselect Activation on Expert Mode, sometimes it freezes for a moment, sometimes it reboots, but that also happens before the Pwnage (less frequent though).

Why you don't visit the Spanish subforum?